rF2 GT3 Club @ Sebring International Raceway - Sat 22nd March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Enjoyable race and enjoyable cars, regret missing the Spa race now.

Apologies for my part at start, was being stubborn not wanting to let the car trying pass on my inside through and braked a bit too late. I thought red zone meant no overtaking :coffee:

On reflection I don't think a double file rolling start works when theres a red zone.

Anyway, was really happy with 5th, considering I was at the back facing the wrong way after the start :p

Thanks for organizing :D

Last edited:
The McLaren doesn't give me any love...'cause I don't give it speed? :D

I had 1 wrong downshift and the car died on me... again..... :( I was doing pretty well till that moment. Consistsant 2:04's and 2:05's with the non practise I had.
Ofcourse I stayed on the server and TS to enjoy the banter and some nice batles.

Thanx guys, see you next time. :) Not sure yet if I gonna join Monza.... It 's one of my least favorite's....... ;P

Well guys, what can I say. Another brilliant evening. Thank you all so much for making this event so successful again. :thumbsup: I had a fantastic time, in spite of finishing last. An incident at the start, into the first corner, resulted in me losing my splitter, and me saying a few bad words - sorry @Calum McLure, I didn't have enough time to avoid you - which was OK for a while, but the understeer eventually became unbearable: thankfully my pitstop for this wasn't long, and I was able to rejoin the race only having lost a couple of places. Then I got into a great battle with Theo. We were going at it for a few laps, with some traffic (yup, the cars ahead were already starting to pass), and then in the final corner I watched Theo slide, and wasn't paying attention to my own car sliding; I spun, with no damage, but lost quite a bit of time, and shouted a very bad word again over TS. :redface::speechless: The anger got to me a bit, so I put my foot down, and clipped the grass under braking into the chicane; I hit the wall, caused quite a bit of damage this time, shouted another bad word, and crawled back to the pits for a two and a half minute stop. :mad::cautious::thumbsdown: This put me at the back, and at least one lap behind everyone. Nonetheless, I had a great time after this: with no pressure, sliding the car through the corners, being a bit more daring with the brakes and throttle - I had nothing to lose. And, with all of this, I still only managed to finish the race with 3L of fuel… it was mighty close to say the least. :roflmao::whistling:

Few quick things:
Such a shame your engine blew up again @Stefan Woudenberg, though you certainly provided us with some comedy on TS. :laugh: Let's hope you have better luck next time. :thumbsup:

A note to some guys, who might need to reread the RD rules of conduct when racing before next time. As much as we appreciate the passion, this is only a club race, and some were taking so seriously that they became quite aggressive, and had a few collisions with other cars. Now, whether this was on purpose or not I don't know, but you need to calm down a little as you are affecting the race of other people. This is causing them to leave the server because they are no longer enjoying themselves and just becoming frustrated. So please, before the next race, just take a chill pill, don't take it so seriously, and enjoy the race. ;) Also please listen to the above provided: the formation lap and first lap incidents, both going into the first corner, shouldn't have happened, and they wouldn't have happened if the given advice was adhered to. ;) So just keep your eye out for this information, and take note of it, as it is for the sake of your own enjoyment as well as others. Cheers. Rant over. Sorry I had to do that.

And finally, apologies for running over time (there was a late issue related to the event that we needed to resolve before starting) and the late information about changing cars if you were affected by the problem that meant your pitbox was out in the final corner of the track. I was blissfully unaware of this issue before yesterday; I didn't encounter the problem during testing, and so the information came quite late. So sorry you couldn't choose the Porsche @Frederic Schornstein, but it didn't look like the Ferrari caused you any problems anyway! :laugh: Before the next race we'll be sure to check that this doesn't occur again.

And, on the point of the next race, this will once again be held in 2 week's time (Saturday, 5th April), this time at the famous… wait for it - Autodromo di Monza! Keep your eyes peeled for more information coming soon, and also for the promo video from the first race. :D

Thank you very much again guys. Hope you all had as much fun as I did. Speak to you all again soon. :cool:

I really enjoyed the race.
As it was a club event to keep the spirit I did no practice at all and used mt Spa setup, but the Ferrari has quite nice balance anyway.
My lap times dropped froom 2:12 to 2:08 as I re learned the track.
Then 2:05 in quali.
I put my kids to bed then...
2:06 in race then I got a bit of feel and concentrated on braking overlap to keep some weight on the front and managed 2:04 in the race. so 3.5 sec off pace.

I passed some ppl who had issues on lap 1 but hit the killer kerb in T1 in lap 4 and decided to pit for repairs. It was only 22 sec.
In the second half after being lapped I managed to have reasonable pace and held off P5 from lapping me. I think it was Calum.

I think I'm a driver who needs a lot of preparation so next race Ill do a good 50 laps of practice so its not mid race that I find my Mojo.

These cars provide a nice blend of speed but competitive racing.
See you next race at Monza.
The Segafredo coffee will be available in our pit garage, just drop in.
I hope its a 60 min race again?

BTW I dont use TCS or ABS its my ode to the hardest core purist in the Codemasters Xbox league @Peter Hooper

Well guys, what can I say. Another brilliant evening. Thank you all so much for making this event so successful again. :thumbsup: I had a fantastic time, in spite of finishing last. An incident at the start, into the first corner, resulted in me losing my splitter, and me saying a few bad words - sorry @Calum McLure, I didn't have enough time to avoid you - which was OK for a while, but the understeer eventually became unbearable: thankfully my pitstop for this wasn't long, and I was able to rejoin the race only having lost a couple of places. Then I got into a great battle with Theo. We were going at it for a few laps, with some traffic (yup, the cars ahead were already starting to pass), and then in the final corner I watched Theo slide, and wasn't paying attention to my own car sliding; I spun, with no damage, but lost quite a bit of time, and shouted a very bad word again over TS. :redface::speechless: The anger got to me a bit, so I put my foot down, and clipped the grass under braking into the chicane; I hit the wall, caused quite a bit of damage this time, shouted another bad word, and crawled back to the pits for a two and a half minute stop. :mad::cautious::thumbsdown: This put me at the back, and at least one lap behind everyone. Nonetheless, I had a great time after this: with no pressure, sliding the car through the corners, being a bit more daring with the brakes and throttle - I had nothing to lose. And, with all of this, I still only managed to finish the race with 3L of fuel… it was mighty close to say the least. :roflmao::whistling:

Few quick things:
Such a shame your engine blew up again @Stefan Woudenberg, though you certainly provided us with some comedy on TS. :laugh: Let's hope you have better luck next time. :thumbsup:

A note to some guys, who might need to reread the RD rules of conduct when racing before next time. As much as we appreciate the passion, this is only a club race, and some were taking so seriously that they became quite aggressive, and had a few collisions with other cars. Now, whether this was on purpose or not I don't know, but you need to calm down a little as you are affecting the race of other people. This is causing them to leave the server because they are no longer enjoying themselves and just becoming frustrated. So please, before the next race, just take a chill pill, don't take it so seriously, and enjoy the race. ;) Also please listen to the above provided: the formation lap and first lap incidents, both going into the first corner, shouldn't have happened, and they wouldn't have happened if the given advice was adhered to. ;) So just keep your eye out for this information, and take note of it, as it is for the sake of your own enjoyment as well as others. Cheers. Rant over. Sorry I had to do that.

And finally, apologies for running over time (there was a late issue related to the event that we needed to resolve before starting) and the late information about changing cars if you were affected by the problem that meant your pitbox was out in the final corner of the track. I was blissfully unaware of this issue before yesterday; I didn't encounter the problem during testing, and so the information came quite late. So sorry you couldn't choose the Porsche @Frederic Schornstein, but it didn't look like the Ferrari caused you any problems anyway! :laugh: Before the next race we'll be sure to check that this doesn't occur again.

And, on the point of the next race, this will once again be held in 2 week's time (Saturday, 5th April), this time at the famous… wait for it - Autodromo di Monza! Keep your eyes peeled for more information coming soon, and also for the promo video from the first race. :D

Thank you very much again guys. Hope you all had as much fun as I did. Speak to you all again soon. :cool:
I didnt like the handling of the Ferrari that much, but I think it was the better choice for the race, so it was a bit of luck, that I got forced to drive it, but after crashing on every lap in practice I was a bit worried.

@Rene Riderer hope you are well again. Would have been very close especially with my very low fuel load:whistling:

Thanks for the stream Davy. Care to share your setup so I can practice offline because there is no way I could match those speeds and braking points and stay on the black stuff.

Had a good race yesterday!
I decided to take it easy during the race, keeping the tires nice and cool. Thanks @Davy Vandevenne, your pace was excellent for me, until a little spin. BTW: seeing the replay: I did not realize that I almost pushed you in the pit-wall. :whistling:: Sorry)

Who missed the brake markers in Lap 5: just watch your replays: really funny!:roflmao:

@Frederic Schornstein : 80L was indeed very optimistic, i realized it in the last lap. I did the last lap with 3L . @Daiman Patel , Sorry for the last lap, but i was on economic. Finished the race with 0L on the counter. I had just enough to do a few donuts after the finish line. To celebrate my P3.:geek:

Last edited:
The McLaren doesn't give me any love...'cause I don't give it speed? :D

I had 1 wrong downshift and the car died on me... again..... :( I was doing pretty well till that moment. Consistsant 2:04's and 2:05's with the non practise I had.
Ofcourse I stayed on the server and TS to enjoy the banter and some nice batles.

Thanx guys, see you next time. :) Not sure yet if I gonna join Monza.... It 's one of my least favorite's....... ;P

Stefan, the McLaren is on Wet tires by default. If you didn't change the tires setting, you did an epic job. :thumbsup:

The culprit, get him!!!! :mad::roflmao:

10er9s4.jpg

My race was great. I had some minor driver errors but ok. Started from 10th place at start, finished 4th. 3rd was possible but I had a spin.

Made good some places at start.. some drivers were sleeping so I made some positions good. While I had the inside in the first corner, somebody touched me from the outside and I lost a bi control, but I held it. Reviewed it afterwards, and we were 3 wide, dude on outside had contact with guy in the middle, and he bounced into me. While trying to keep up with top guys at 4th place, I had a huge spin an everybody drove past me. Then I started to focus, and after being 10th after the spin. I drove and drove and drove. Drove my way up to 4th place and finished there.

Had a little cool battle with Daiman Patel in the braking zone in T2, didn't get past first time. The second time I got passed and it was really tight, but nice executed from me, and Daiman gave me room. Great race guys! I'l stop by more often

Last edited:
I just tried the McLaren again there, actually not so bad with the correct tires on funnily enough....gets rid of the crippling understeer and snap oversteer I was getting when I tried it the first time :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.