rF2 GT3 Club @ Sebring International Raceway - Sat 22nd March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Rene Riderer I watched the replay back and we had a very small contact. I hope it didn't cause any damage. Was a bit caught out by your early turn in there, but let you pass as I don't do off track or push to pass overtaking.

Thanks @Gijs van Elderen for the setup as I had to switch from the Porsche to a diffrent car. Qualy was ok P2, but my time was 7 tenth of Rene's which made me worry a bit.

Start was difficult as I didn't have any reference car in front in P2 and couldn't see Rene that well and overtaking before the line gives a penalty, so I lost P2, but took it back into the hairpin. After that I was really chasing Rene and I thought he stuggled with cold tyres, because I was certainly quicker. After a tiny touch I overtook him, but handed the place back, because I pushed him a bit off line and was off track as I overtook him. He had a little mistake into the last corner and I was past after 2 or 3 laps.

He was keeping me honest, but somebody smashed down the brake markes into the hairpin. I realised it just in time and just ran a bit wide, but Rene was really chaught out and lost 4 seconds.
After 10 laps he suddenly dropped back a lot and was leaving later. Don't know what happened.
I realised that with the pushing in the first laps tyres might be short and started to save them a bit. At lap 12 I realised, that 81Liters seemed to be an optimistic calculation and I started to save a fuel a lot. A lot of short shifting and coasting as I had a 15 second gap and by dropping one second in pace the gap was stable.

The TC is a bit weird, if you are driving one gear higher than you would normally do and I spun going slowly through the S3 chicane....
I went back on throttle nothing happend for 1 or 2 seconds, so I had to engage the clutch and then it got going. Now the gap was down to 4 seconds. For the rest I had to continue to save fuel and the gap got down to 8 tenth one time.
With one lap to go I had 4l left so I pushed hard on the last lap and got the gap back up to 2,3 seconds and crossed the line with 1 Liter felt.

Thanks to all the drivers and the good organization. The car switch was a bit on short notice, but it worked out in the end, but next time I will take more fuel. It is so annoying to save that much fuel...

Nice setup @Davy Vandevenne and well done. Where did Rene finish? Well done @Frederic Schornstein .i turned to the Audi late on and was pleased to do a competitive time..only one tenth off fourth place. I felt I could have found half a second. Ur was over fuelled for quali and didn't hook up the lap..then had to go out to see a friend . I do worry about the connection with this mod. It's fun but why so many disconnects ?

Nice setup @Davy Vandevenne and well done. Where did Rene finish? Well done @Frederic Schornstein .i turned to the Audi late on and was pleased to do a competitive time..only one tenth off fourth place. I felt I could have found half a second. Ur was over fuelled for quali and didn't hook up the lap..then had to go out to see a friend . I do worry about the connection with this mod. It's fun but why so many disconnects ?
I am not sure what happend to Rene. We had a very small contact, which shouldn't have caused any damage. It was more a bit of side rubbing. Then we touched a wall a bit on the inside of the last corner, but was still very quick and on the replay he just entered the pits and left. No idea what happend there.

i had a great time tonigth, i wasn't able to do a great time but i was able to keep it together during the entire race, apart from 1 spin on the first lap and overshooting the brake fo the hairpin when the markers were gone i only ran wide to the grass near the end, which resulted in a loss of time, other than that i had no problems during the race, which allowed me to climb through the order, i found myself in 9th place with a more than 30 seconds gap with 10 minutes to go, i decided to pit for tires, as my tires were starting to lose some grip, after that i ended up in 11th rigth behind Vandevenne, i tried to catch him but he was too fast and i couldn't reduce the gap, Teo joined our figth and Davy made a mistake which allowed me to overtake, i had a good battle in the last 6 or 7 minutes trying to recover from my pitstop, it was hard but very fun, i ended up in 10th, which was better than i expected :)

Congratulations top3 and those who finished the race :thumbsup:
thank you for the race, see you next time :thumbsup:

i am really dissapointed. i think i had a small chance to win the race yesterday...
BUT after my qualy there was enough time left until the race start and so i decided to eat something. there was something wrong with the eggs i think. right before the start i had cold sweat on the forehead and strange noises came out of my stomach.

after a few laps i had to stop the race :sick:
@frederic, our contact causes nothing - my car was ok.

grats to the podium and all that could finish the race.
cu next time!

i am really dissapointed. i think i had a small chance to win the race yesterday...
BUT after my qualy there was enough time left until the race start and so i decided to eat something. there was something wrong with the eggs i think. right before the start i had cold sweat on the forehead and strange noises came out of my stomach.

after a few laps i had to stop the race :sick:
@frederic, our contact causes nothing - my car was ok.

grats to the podium and all that could finish the race.
cu next time!

Oh dear. That is such a shame. Hope you're feeling better now Rene. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back