AC GT3 @ Chang - Sunday 19th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Now that I'm back from being away, I'm really looking forward to racing with you next time at Okayama! :inlove:

It became really obvious that my braking was so much worse than everyone else.
I have a G920 with the rubber block brake.
I have tried using the free moving clutch pedal too
But it is impossible to control the braking without ABS with these pedals, either too much or too little braking and not possible to judge before applying the brake.
I think I have the suspension sussed[i think] but high ABS settings upset the car too much in the twisty bits and low numbers increase the stopping distance.
So what do I need to do to be able to take of the ABS?
Do I need to change the pedal? What type of pedal? Load Cell?
I don't know about the logitech pedals, can you get stiffer springs for your pedals?
I have the ABS on 3 which is pretty strong, I know my braking leaves much to be desired compared to the fast guys but it doesn't feel terrible, it's normally the turn in as you come off the brakes that's the hard part I find

But it is impossible to control the braking without ABS with these pedals, either too much or too little braking and not possible to judge before applying the brake.
I think I have the suspension sussed[i think] but high ABS settings upset the car too much in the twisty bits and low numbers increase the stopping distance.

I really suspect the issue is practice or ABS setting rather than anything technical with the pedals. I used to race with DFGT and stock pedals until the end of last year, and the pedal on that is weak as anything (and is so light that it jitters when braking...). Now I race with stock T3PAs, no load cell or other mods.

With strong ABS, one of the risks is that when you start to trailbrake, the ABS tries to correct it and get the car straight again. That might be what you're experiencing with the "either too little or too much and it doesn't work" scenario. I would suggest setting it as low (well, in AC that's a higher number) as you are comfortable with to rule that out.

I have the G29 wheel, so I could say I am used to the same pedals.
Those are things I've done in order to satisfy the needs and to brake better and better:
1. Get a stable chair. Not roller chair. Block the wheels if you have to. Dismount them (be aware not to scratch the floor). That shaved off like 1.5s for me.
2. Mount them on something hard. I've made a wooden box.
3. After a long search on the forums, including RD, I've found a comment from RasmusP where he said he put his brake pedal at 1.55 gamma, instead of the default 2.4. It works like a good spell.
4. Some months ago when I started to have problems with the potentiometers (I really hope your's will be way better) I've put the brake input to 80% while in game and I was hitting constant braking even often. If you need to stand up so that you press 100%, it might not be the best position and just reduce the effort from the game.
5. Trying to fix the pots, I recently bought the potentiometers fix, as well as 3d printed brake mod. It's like a rubber thingy that goes into the spring. The instructions were not that grat, so I didn't fix it properly, you have to remove the white plastic cap, but I didn't know how, so I've had to cut some part of the spring. It feels a little bit better, I can feel just tiny little better the point where is getting hard. I still use a 90% brake input, because is so hard to pus it until the end and there is no point on braking a knew or something. I am tired this way anyway. Also, I use now 1.1 gamma. It felt really strange otherwise.
Don't really recommend the 3d rap mod for the brake pedal. it's better than original, but marginally. Not worth it if you buy it alone, because you get some shipping price also.

So, do the first 3 ones and you should improve right there.

Last edited:
@uvraver

For give the bleeding obvious statement below.:O_o:

This is again is a difficult one, peoples skill levels and expectations vary greatly.
The GT3 class is ABS set, you and I use ABS to an advantage. in the Lamborghini I use 3 any higher and I get locking brakes.
in the GTR, I use 4 or 5, in the McLaren I use 6 or 7.
As important is brake bias, you need to test this, in GT3 it is usually less than 70%, in the GTR I set it at 69% , in the Lamborghini I set it at 64%.
Ask this as a general question and you find that different people have different ideas, using the bias and abs to turn the car, that skill is entirely missing from my small skill set.

PS, remember up till the point of locking there is no difference at all between No ABS and Full ABS, GT3 cars have good downforce , so the ABS only affects sub 60 mph region.:) Edit... as explained above turning into a corner affects brake locking as one wheel is unloading compared to the other.

As usual last again, everyone seems to easily beat my responses to question. :(

FA164F81-1208-41BE-82DB-A8D2E725C916.gif

could this be the reason!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%