AC GT3 @ Chang - Sunday 19th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did not have time to practice too much for this. Would you say the setup from Silverstone will work,,? Looks like decent straights with fast corners.

A setup from Monza might be too sketchy in the twisty bits.

I did not have time to practice too much for this. Would you say the setup from Silverstone will work,,? Looks like decent straights with fast corners.

A setup from Monza might be too sketchy in the twisty bits.
I'm not a expert but i'd say so, some similar high/mid speed corners. Similar to red bull ring too, I think someone mentioned that before

Red bull might actually be a better match. You are right.
Puh I was going for the Lambo + Monza strategy but the inner section is really though. At the moment I'm at a mix of Spa and Monza :D and still struggling. But I have no exp and setups with/for the Lambo except the one Monza race I did.

Enjoyable race, had a few battles and just managed to scrape top 10. Had a couple of slides off track but the walls were kind to me and bumped me back straight again. Sorry to John Plant around lap 3, I did a bad divebomb into the last corner so I let you back past because it wasn't a fair overtake. Thanks Chris/John for organsing

Great race everyone, one of the best ones so far, I've probably never been more than 5 seconds away from the nearest car at all times. Congrats to the podium finishers and thanks again John.

@Interslice, you must have had some sort of guardian angel today, every time I was within striking distance something happened :roflmao: On two occasions when I was about 2s behind, someone in front spun and I had to give room for the rejoin - then when I tried the undercut and you were pitting, Cornelius made a move in the last turn but didn't complete the overtake until T2, so I lost more time there too. By the end of the race I just didn't have the pace even though I finally got within one second of you, it just wasn't meant to be.

Almost threw it all away at the end when I thought I was on the final lap but there was one more left - I lifted after the line and Richard got even closer to me, finished with 0.2 L of fuel to boot :ninja:

Great race everyone, one of the best ones so far, I've probably never been more than 5 seconds away from the nearest car at all times. Congrats to the podium finishers and thanks again John.

@Interslice, you must have had some sort of guardian angel today, every time I was within striking distance something happened :roflmao: On two occasions when I was about 2s behind, someone in front spun and I had to give room for the rejoin - then when I tried the undercut and you were pitting, Cornelius made a move in the last turn but didn't complete the overtake until T2, so I lost more time there too. By the end of the race I just didn't have the pace even though I finally got within one second of you, it just wasn't meant to be.

Almost threw it all away at the end when I thought I was on the final lap but there was one more left - I lifted after the line and Richard got even closer to me, finished with 0.2 L of fuel to boot :ninja:
I saw that Michael was only 9s back so I was debating slowing down and letting him pass so I didn't have to do another lap :roflmao:

Very fun racing, despite me chucking away any chance of a podium on Lap 1. Was very fun making my way through the field in the first stint, unfortunately didn't quite make it up to George in 4th. I had to pit a couple of laps early since I had underfueled, which meant that for the final few laps I was sliding all over the place and Ernie could get back past me after I overtook him in the first stint.

The 911 loved this track though, would definitely be down for coming back here in the future.

Last week I had the best race ever (fun wise that is) for me on wednesday. Today it was the worst. I can't get the 488 work for me:notworthy:. I spend quite some time with the setup but a 36.9 was the best I could manage:cry:.
Just now I tried the R8 with my SPA setup and after a few laps I did already a 36.4. I guess I'm going back to the R8 for the coming event:(.

Congrats to the podium and thanks Chris and John for organising:thumbsup:.

Thanks @Chris Down and @Medilloni and congrats to the podiums :thumbsup:

I had the worst race since very long. Went for the gamble of picking the Lambo with a nearly Monza Setup hoping to have the advantage on the long straights. Very bad decision in the end. Had an unstable car and felt always on the edge. It begun in qualy with only one clean lap and a few spins and wasn't getting any better in the race. Lost it multiple times and finished far back. Maybe it's time to settle for one car and stop experimenting. (of course not)

Haha ye it was a a great race. Anytime i passed a spinner from the front pack i was thinking brilliant that will slow yourself, richard and raresch up!
I had loads of mini battles throughout which was great. 8th was my best finish yet, a small field, but I'll take it as a first top ten :)

Thanks to john and chris for organising. Love these track builds by this guy. They have a lovely feel to the surface and kerbs. Okiyama was excellent aswell.

See yous on the next one.

Ha, too bad you can't slow Rares down, he just gets quicker and quicker as the race goes on.

Ah man! i thought i had him! 4.5 seconds ahead with about 6 laps left... But i randomly took turn 1 well, for once, with about 10 minutes left, which meant my usual braking point for turn 2 became a touch too late and i spun mid corner... Luckily it didn't park nose into the barrier or you and richard would have got past!

I had the worst race since very long. Went for the gamble of picking the Lambo with a nearly Monza Setup hoping to have the advantage on the long straights. Very bad decision in the end. Had an unstable car and felt always on the edge. It begun in qualy with only one clean lap and a few spins and wasn't getting any better in the race. Lost it multiple times and finished far back. Maybe it's time to settle for one car and stop experimenting. (of course not)

I was as quick or slow depending on your view point in the Lamborghini, but past experience has taught me that it needs a lot of setting up to make a transition from one circuit to another, or you end up with an ill handling piggy wiggy race distance car.:laugh:
I used it on the Le-mans circuit; thinking I could use the Monza setup, it was really quick even with me driving it, but it was an totally unstable in the race conditions.
That why I went for the GTR, better soft tyre wear and a stable package always, but then I do know the car well.:)
PS1 even though it can be off the pace “slightly” compared with other cars on most circuits
PS 2 Cheers for the race organisation and your podium John. @Medilloni.:)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 57.7%