AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Wednesday December 16th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was a fun race, although I think I chose the wrong car, it was a nightmare to drive. Now I know why there were only 2 of us in it.

Also, who's idea was it was to put me in the first pitbox!? :p

Don´t know if the netcode is so much improved though :thumbsdown: There were some heavy lags!! I think when someone left or joined...

There are two current issues with the netcode, one of them happens when someonem joins a server. He will be sent to the gridslot, and stand there until it is driven out of the way.
The other one is when someone crashes, he hill drive with the same input until the connection times out.
I will report both to AC forums later.

It was a fun race, although I think I chose the wrong car, it was a nightmare to drive. Now I know why there were only 2 of us in it.

Also, who's idea was it was to put me in the first pitbox!? :p
The car is pretty good to drive actually, requires a bit of setup work but is one of the best GT cars overall. Just keep in mind that it is very understeery when the tires are shot.
And the pitbox is allocatted according to car, so the last car selected will get the last pit box. If it was an Acura you would have been the first.

Really enjoyed myself guys great racing ! Had a nice battle with Dragos and Rami as we were never far apart the entire race. What happened with u Rami i thought u were in front of me but the result say i was second ?

Congrats to Dragos for the win and thanks Matheus for hosting.

Last edited:
Yes. I'm a crap photographer but I did want to snag a few stills of new content and some of the fights I saw/heard.

So the new cars: well here they are. Pretty to look at. Sounds OK. Great to drive. This is me enjoying the rare and previously unheard of experience of leading @Geof for a couple laps. Despite my being completely out of my league and swiftly dispatched, we did get some bumper to bumper work for seeing the new cars.

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-22-59-36.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-4-19.jpg

The start: well done everyone for making lap one incident free! It's club races like these that remind me why I like running with this community. The first and second lap overtakes (looking at you @David Collyer :thumbsup:) were absolutely legit and clean as a hospital.

Speaking of overtaking: there goes @Si overtaking the "Canadian alien" himself @Dragos Haba ! I had quite a laugh as he retorted "Just focus on your race."

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-13-21.jpg

Shortly after which retribution was quickly exacted.

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-35-23.jpg

After I was finished wrecking @Geof 's race he set about pulling a gap to me but I could see @Matheus Machado ahead and the two went at it for pretty much the entire second half of the race. If there is any doubt as to the new net code, watch the replay. It was a quite a battle and the new AMG GT's are definitely a great addition. Perhaps not for this track, but they will be potent weapons.

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-28-9.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-31-21.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-33-17.jpg

Big thanks to all! Kudos to @Matheus Machado for hosting a great race. Congratulations on the win @Dragos Haba.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-18-43.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_16-12-115-23-18-43.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 157
The other one is when someone crashes, he hill drive with the same input until the connection times out.
I will report both to AC forums later.

This explains a lot of my stuttering issues yesterday. In practice and quali it was not that bad, but in race i had a lot of problems.. I ended in the barrier after some guys touched and spun in front of me. I did not hit them (i think) but there was 1 second stutter and that was it for me.

Really enjoyed myself guys great racing ! Had a nice battle with Dragos and Rami as we were never far apart the entire race. What happened with u Rami i thought u were in front of me but the result say i was second ?

Congrats to Dragos for the win and thanks Matheus for hosting.

I do not know what happened... I also think I was still ahead of you :D
It was so nice racing with you...

I had such a bad start with that update when I yesterday started testing how things work, which was a disaster. I reinstalled drivers for graphic, wheel etc, and got it working somehow. In server that game freezing was gone lucky enough :)

For my race:
I was really happy about that pace I was able to get into, with all those issues limiting my testing with that mac to nearly nothing. I made a small mistake in setup by taking 1-2 wings to race, made that mac quite a bit tail happy :roflmao: Main reason for getting my driving distracted was stuttering which was really bad again :mad: Not a good reason, but I'm crappy at dealing with issues (or speaking) while driving :rolleyes:
Anyhow, was enjoyable racing with @Jeff and @Dragos Haba . And I was so happy that I was able to even nearly tail Dragos and almost match his speed (if he was going full speed:whistling:).
Thanks to everybody, and special one to @Matheus Machado

Oh... and if you read my post before fixing that typo @Dragos Haba , it really was a typo. :unsure:

See you in next one, if I get problems with my rig/game sorted...

"I´ll be back" :D

Very happy to be able to race again :) In the meantime I also updated my PC and can run AC now at much better settings and what should I say:
I always thought graphics are not so important in a sim but I must admit I like AC even more now :barefoot:

Of coures I was missing my tag attacks too :whistling:

@Liviu Tiron Didn´t see you for a long time? You´re back?
@Rami Back on track :D Wanna join?
@monsieurjackb You also vanished somehow... not into AC anymore?
@Geof always good to have you on track ;)
@Martin Faber I promised to flip your car over, remember? :D:D
@Ricardo maybe? How´s the job? :geek:
@Benutzername @Tommi Saari @Jim Liak @James Hemp @Fred Locklear @Freddo Soprano @Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak @kedy89 @tazza1986 @Tarcirion @IRobot
COME ON GUYS!! DREAM PACK 3!! :D

edit: btw... congrats to STAFF @Matheus Machado :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did vanish haha, vanished completely..have been really busy so have barely logged into RD let alone raced on AC or any other sim. Still, from next week onwards "I'll be back" too :D

Looking forward to picking up Dream Pack 3..I've played AC and GSC just not raced online so it'll be nice to race again

See you all out on track sometime very soon :)

Hi all. I hope to invite you here.
Today im hosting a half endurance race server called:
Server: GT3 Endurance @ Brands Hatch (host mancSLO)
Pass: Mansell
Practice: 19:00 GMT (100 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 20:20 GMT 45 lapsLaps (Approx. 65 minutes)
Track: dynamic track. Start value 93%
Assists: ABS, TC factory, Auto Clutch
Tyre usage: (200%)
Fuel usage: (200%)
Demage: (50%)

Start: standing

Cars: (first come, first in)
Audi R8 LMS Ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, Nissan NISMO GTR GT3, Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus 003,
Mclaren 650S GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3 and
Corvette C7R
(must be there)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back