AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP - Sunday 22nd March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for putting on tonight's event Chris, a great combo and really appreciated :thumbsup: Congrats to the podium guys, whoever you are, the race isn't finished yet:laugh:

My apologies to the Ferrari driver for the incident at Clark Curve, I thought you'd let me past, went for the apex and you were still there - I should have known better and given you more room, hope it didn't spoil your race too much my friend:(

Sat in the gravel trap I realised how totally knackered I was - been a v bad day for the copd and simply ran out of energy, I really hate quiting, so my apologies to you Chris, in hindsight I should have given my place to a reserve.

Last word.... thanks to those I had great 'n fair racing with - can't remember all of you - Nuno, Rasmus and others, really enjoyed that guys :)

No worries, I slowed down so you can overtake me on the straight but timing from me was bad as you were still too far away. No problem, you didnt spoil my race, I was way too slow anyway ;-) Sorry for the incident. Have to practice more on the GT3 as I was lacking pace. CU.

No idea where I could have overtaken you. Guess you would have just pitted for 1L of fuel?
There were more like 30, because I didn't know if meds will actually last, and I didn't know how much worse they would have been after they were yellow, so I said, well, if I have to change the tyre and I am in the pits, I will just add a little more. Maybe there I've lost the reentry in front of you ... but ... oh well, I will keep it in mind.

@640er
It was a very pleasurable race with you Andreas, it really was cat and mouse for all the race.
New softs + 50 litres.
I had hoped to come out in front, but it was not the case.:( But I was soooo lucky, having battled with you for the first 30 min, knew the formula well, second half really had to get past cleanly in the first 15 laps, by cleanly I mean I did not want either you or I to have an off. We both had good race positions.
Did every thing to overtake once I had settled in to the 2nd half race, from the first
30 min, I knew you would be strong in the last 5 laps, could not afford to wait or my tyres would have gone and overtaking would have not been possible, pretty much knew you would not make a mistake, you nearly got me me, :confused:

Well done podiums, and especially Criss and John for a great bit of organising and race event.

well done George, great race. :thumbsup: @GEO147

@Raresch good race,

you really needed to use my setup you would never have come off.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Wow what a race! Thank you all for participating! My girlfriend finally got on her plane from South Africa to London (and then Hamburg in the morning).
Enough days of being super worried with barely any sleep...
So a lot of stress fell off right before the race. :geek:

And what a race that was! Constant battles right from the start. 3 wide + a backmarker.. My heartbeat was racing, I was grinning. F*ck yeah! :D

Special thanks to @Medilloni ; to @hape ; to @Callum Hornby ; to @HF2000 ; to @Michel vL and @Devidin.
I don't know if you guys had a great evening. John and Hape surely had not sadly :(
But you guys can be sure that you made MY day! One of, if not the best race ever for me! :inlove: :inlove:

Thanks to Yves for making it interesting a few times during the race when the crazy dodging party started. In my view, you did an excellent job when under blue flags! :)

Little advice for the backmarkers regarding the last corner at Brands Hatch:
The overtaking car will almost always take the inside line up the hill towards the Start/Finish. It's the shorter way.
I sadly had to dodge around the outside and go on the gravel where Han flew by. (Looking back it was a great battle with him though afterwards! :D)

Backmarker_Brands_LastCorner.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to Yves for making it interesting a few times during the race when the crazy dodging party started. In my view, you did an excellent job when under blue flags! :)

Thank you RasmusP, at least it show I make some kind of progress :)
Very difficult setup for me indeed.... I made so many mistakes! I don't understand why Iifwas so badly driving... I know I am not good, but that bad!? I went so many times off road. I anyone can give some adivce... (was it the setup of the car, was I trying to go too fast, was I tired, strssed I don't know... Maybe getting too old.)

Hope I can stay more on the track tonight with the GT40...

Thank you, and I hope I was not too much on your way. I guess it is part of the exercise for you also, isn't it? :cool:

See ya guys !

@Devidin

I did notice you were having a bad day, I would suggest the 650s may be the quickest car in most circumstances, but it can be very difficult to drive too.
I would ask for a setup from one of the racers in the next gt3 race. So you know it’s you not the car, I would be happy to do a setup for you for that race and car
Also I would go for the Z4, it is not only very capable car but the easiest to drive.
Nothing worse than having your confidence shattered!!:(you should be looking more at race consistency rather than out right speed, that will come later.
I know there are names here in this gt3 that we race that I struggle to stay with now, Once it was sooo much easier, the sod’s have improved too much in the last 6 months. ( It’s not easy for most of us.)

It could also be varying pace you have allows the tyres to get cold, not a good combination in a fidgety mid engined car.

So difficult to approach the problems when you are doing a sport in isolation faced with so many unknowns and variables.
That why I stress consistently, it is something you can more logically work your way through, rarther than lap times, which can throw up all sorts of problems.
I am sure Rasmus and others will chime in with a better more coherent answer
to this than I have. :)

@Devidin

It may be worth mentioning, I used to be very much into rfactor 2 off line racing, building my rig and trying out all sorts of approach’s to this simulator experience.
Spending hours in rfactor 2 racing against AI made me become very consistent, why wouldn’t it, never thought about lap times just beating the AI, you do that best by staying on the track, found that out if nothing else.
It was only with Assetto Corsa that I started to think of on line racing.
My first race was Gt3 , shocked to find that I was 6 to 7 seconds off the pace to a lot of the field, luckily I had one thing going for me, consistency. I was so shocked to find I did rather well against most, I may have lost time per lap but I made it all up and more by staying on the track.
Now I have reached the end of my skill set, I now have more off’s than I used to, more incidences, because I am now more focused on lap times in the race.

@Devidin

It may be worth mentioning, I used to be very much into rfactor 2 off line racing, building my rig and trying out all sorts of approach’s to this simulator experience.
Spending hours in rfactor 2 racing against AI made me become very consistent, why wouldn’t it, never thought about lap times just beating the AI, you do that best by staying on the track, found that out if nothing else.
It was only with Assetto Corsa that I started to think of on line racing.
My first race was Gt3 , shocked to find that I was 6 to 7 seconds off the pace to a lot of the field, luckily I had one thing going for me, consistency. I was so shocked to find I did rather well against most, I may have lost time per lap but I made it all up and more by staying on the track.
Now I have reached the end of my skill set, I now have more off’s than I used to, more incidences, because I am now more focused on lap times in the race.

Ok, I understand. I guess training against AI with AC rather than RF2 has the same value. Is it? (FR2 interface sucks, no? plus current version does simply not work anymore on my RIG - I uninstalled it)
I sometimes do as you suggest, decreasing the AI to 85% capacity (or less) to be able to pass them and not being dinstanced as I am on line.
I have practiced a little for tonite, but it was on the test server. Next time I will keep in AC against AI.

--> Do you know if there a way to export server settings to AC to have exactly the same ones in training off line?
--> If you have some setup for the GT40... I would appreciate :)

At first I didn't expect much of this race. My lap times were way off pace, my benchmarks @GEO147 and @Raresch were much faster in practice. Tried the setup from @Chris Down but that didn't work for me either. So I settled for a race of not making mistakes with a conservative setup and medium tyres and see how it goes. Surprisingly I qualified 8th with my first 1.24. And the race went quite well with an interesting 2nd stint as @RasmusP came out of the pit lane just in front of me and we switched places a couple of times due to small mistakes and trouble with blue flag cars. I don't know on which place I finished but it was just before Rasmus.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down this very intens combo. I find Brands Hatch very demanding and I was really exhausted afterwards.

Last edited:
@640er
It was a very pleasurable race with you Andreas, it really was cat and mouse for all the race.
New softs + 50 litres.
I had hoped to come out in front, but it was not the case.:( But I was soooo lucky, having battled with you for the first 30 min, knew the formula well, second half really had to get past cleanly in the first 15 laps, by cleanly I mean I did not want either you or I to have an off. We both had good race positions.
Did every thing to overtake once I had settled in to the 2nd half race, from the first
30 min, I knew you would be strong in the last 5 laps, could not afford to wait or my tyres would have gone and overtaking would have not been possible, pretty much knew you would not make a mistake, you nearly got me me, :confused:

Oh +50 litres. I added a bit less so that was the reason I overtook you. Especially in the first half of the race you were spying on me all the time. We bot saw that you are faster overall but you did take your time and played it cool behind me. Watching my entries and exits, knowing that there will come the opportunity. That is something I am learning these days. Be more patient even if you are faster, especially on tracks like this where overtaking can be difficult.

@Devidin

I am afraid there is no easy answer to this class, they are all difficult to drive, I have found no way of getting around it with setup, just can make them quicker, definitely not easier to drive, that’s also debatable.
I do not have a setup for the GT 40, did have a drive though, my advice would be , stick to AC base setup, someone else will or I will give you gearing and tyre pressures.
Keep it simple, acceleration in a straight line once the car is pointing in the right direction, you will need to be very patience with this car, keep it on the track, you will do well.:)

Content manager is best, I fiddle with time of day and ambient temps to mimic server road temp settings, setting track grip 100%.

Ah @Devidin , I consider myself still as new to Simracing and some things I've learned so far yet.

Speed doesn't matter that much. Consistency is key in races. Quali is fun but over 60 minutes, you will find yourself where your consistency has brought you.
Give the BMW Z4 a try. At new tracks, like yesterday, I always take it. It is the easiest GT3 car to drive and stock setup almost every time does the trick. Don't get lost in setups. The only thing to adjust is Tyre pressure (which is far more important then temperature), gears and fuel.
Go slow and try to hit apexes.
Don't enter a corner to early. A high exit speed is what you want to achieve.
Track knowledge is important, so take your time and watch some Youtube videos of the fast guys.

At first I didn't expect much of this race. My lap times were way off pace, my benchmarks @GEO147 and @Raresch were much faster in practice. Tried the setup from @Chris Down but that didn't work for me either. So I settled for a race of not making mistakes with a conservative setup and medium tyres and see how it goes. Surprisingly I qualified 8th with my first 1.24. And the race went quite well with an interesting 2nd stint as Raresch came out of the pit lane just in front of me and we switched places a couple of times due to small mistakes and trouble with blue flag cars. I don't know on which place I finished but it was just before Raresch.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down this very intens combo. I find Brands Hatch very demanding and I was really exhausted afterwards.
Yeah you were off your normal pace Han. But you finished 8th which was still very good and shows your consistency. Something I'm trying to work on.

@Chris Down I watched your onboard and noticed that you didn't use 6th gear. I'm curious why that is because I set up my car so that I reach top speed in 6th. Is it something that works for all cars or only on the 650?

Ah @Devidin , I consider myself still as new to Simracing and some things I've learned so far yet.

Speed doesn't matter that much. Consistency is key in races. Quali is fun but over 60 minutes, you will find yourself where your consistency has brought you.
Give the BMW Z4 a try. At new tracks, like yesterday, I always take it. It is the easiest GT3 car to drive and stock setup almost every time does the trick. Don't get lost in setups. The only thing to adjust is Tyre pressure (which is far more important then temperature), gears and fuel.
Go slow and try to hit apexes.
Don't enter a corner to early. A high exit speed is what you want to achieve.
Track knowledge is important, so take your time and watch some Youtube videos of the fast guys.

Ok, I'll go for the Z4 next time! I thought the Mc Laren was easier, due to some previous experiences.

Txs for all your adivces guys.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%