AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP - Sunday 22nd March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Raresch
I think the road temp was 27 deg C, I seemed to have put a lot of effort into this, had about 10 different setups, therefore picked the fastest, I think.:)
you may need to tweak the tyre pressures, by the way good luck with the softs, I struggled, if I remember rightly to do more than a few laps ?

Attachments

• 1-24-0.2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 75
Sorry @Chris Down and others.. I have to sign out. Not enough energy to drive right now :O_o:
Been assembling sfx-100 for past couple of days and just got home with everything assembled ;):thumbsup: Need to sleep so maybe my rig is getting some power tomorrow after work :D

That full grid would have been something :inlove:
Have a good race!!

Sorry @Chris Down and others.. I have to sign out. Not enough energy to drive right now :O_o:
Been assembling sfx-100 for past couple of days and just got home with everything assembled ;):thumbsup: Need to sleep so maybe my rig is getting some power tomorrow after work :D

Have a good race!!

Noooo! I was looking forward to this one :coffee: We'll have to battle next week, ystavani.

if there´s a spot, ill go

Ok Nuno, you're in then :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting on tonight's event Chris, a great combo and really appreciated :thumbsup: Congrats to the podium guys, whoever you are, the race isn't finished yet:laugh:

My apologies to the Ferrari driver for the incident at Clark Curve, I thought you'd let me past, went for the apex and you were still there - I should have known better and given you more room, hope it didn't spoil your race too much my friend:(

Sat in the gravel trap I realised how totally knackered I was - been a v bad day for the copd and simply ran out of energy, I really hate quiting, so my apologies to you Chris, in hindsight I should have given my place to a reserve.

Last word.... thanks to those I had great 'n fair racing with - can't remember all of you - Nuno, Rasmus and others, really enjoyed that guys :)

Great race everyone! @pattikins gave me a really hard run for my money, and I wondered where he went -- sorry to hear about your PC Patrick, that was a really good battle :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to everyone for coming out! From what I heard apart from a few small incidents it was mostly clean, fair racing, which is great to see at such a tight track like this. From my side, apologies to @djm68 for the contact in the final laps, I misjudged and caused a collision -- my fault. Sorry about that.

It's also great to see so many newcomers! We'd love to have you back. Tomorrow the GT3 event for next week will be posted -- suggestions on a postcard. ;)

Last edited:
Great race everyone! @pattikins gave me a really hard run for my money, and I wondered where he went -- sorry to hear about your PC Patrick, that was a really good battle :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to everyone for coming out! From what I heard apart from a few small incidents it was mostly clean, fair racing, which is great to see at such a tight track like this.

It's also great to see so many newcomers! We'd love to have you back. Tomorrow the GT3 event for next week will be posted -- suggestions on a postcard. ;)

Unfortunately I had a loud constant static sound coming from my Odyssey headphones during the race. The only way I could stop it was to shut AC down. Gutted :cry:

Thanks for putting the race on Chris & congrats to those who got on the podium.

Wow. What a race. My most consistent yet and with a setup I created from scratch. I'm chuffed with 3rd. Was a clean race bar one incident for me.
Axel that was a great battle while it lasted just couldn't get rid of you at all, pity we didn't get to continue it.
Was great driving from everyone.

Thanks so much Chris for putting this on. I look forward to the AC GT3 every Sunday and the turn out lately has been fantastic.

See you next time guys :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to everyone for coming out! From what I heard apart from a few small incidents it was mostly clean, fair racing, which is great to see at such a tight track like this. From my side, apologies to @djm68 for the contact in the final laps, I misjudged and caused a collision -- my fault. Sorry about that.

I had a great time despite being so slow. This was my first 'real' race since getting back into sim driving (after 5+ years), just a months experience, so quite rusty. Very impressed by some of the drivers!

No worries about the minor contact, @Chris Down.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and friendly -- it is rather nerve wrecking start with a new club.

See you next Sunday for the GT3 event, and I should make the 60's LMPs at SPA tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dom

That was exhausting and intense ... I am still sweating ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I couldn't believe I had the pace to keep @640er and @Kek700 at bay, they were on softs. I was so tense, that when I heard from the crew chief that there is an incident in front, and when I made the turn, my focus was not to hit the car, so I steered too much in T7 and went I was :cry::cry: 3 alps later, made the same mistake, saw the yellow flag, and I paid more attention to what I was supposed to get by, instead of the road, clipped the grass, the same corner, and went I was again :notworthy: Witout that, I would have exited the pits in front of the guys above.There would have been some intense laps :cry:

How did I end up alone for 40 min, when there were 24 cars on the grid, I can't explain.

FOR NEW AND SLOWER DRIVERS!!!!!!!
1. I was in your situation 1yers ago. I was last I was struggling. It's not fun. But the pace will increase and you will find battles more and more often.
But please:
2. Read the rules for blue flags.
3. Please be aware of your reentry on the circuit, especially on really hard corners.
4. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, keep your line. If you are committed to a line, please take it. If it's a straight, it shouldn't be the racing line, but if you took the racing line, PLEASE, keep it and don't break it. You can release the throttle, but don't make sudden movements. Usually, the faster guys will just get in your back to catch the slipstream and they will make the move when they are close enough. If you see them in the mirror, please keep your line.

Have a good race!!
Do you have a build thread Aki?

Great one this was :thumbsup: Don't know what I did in Quali to be honest. Never came close to that time again but hey... I'll take it. The race was pretty intense. I managed to stay away from trouble and made no big mistake. Car was pretty stable and easy to manage.

Had @Kek700 around me for 59 minutes just to finish a few tenths behind him. It was a fun battle, especially your second overtake. Would have loved to see you after you exited the pit just behind me :roflmao::p I have to admit, that made me lough. How much fuel did you add?

@Raresch too bad you spun, would have been an interesting battle with you and @Kek700. Saw you were running mediums. Therefore I was waiting for something to happen. No idea where I could have overtaken you. Guess you would have just pitted for 1L of fuel?

Thanks Chris for organizing and congrats to the podium as always, top driving :thumbsup:

That was exhausting and intense ... I am still sweating ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I couldn't believe I had the pace to keep @640er and @Kek700 at bay, they were on softs. I was so tense, that when I heard from the crew chief that there is an incident in front, and when I made the turn, my focus was not to hit the car, so I steered too much in T7 and went I was :cry::cry: 3 alps later, made the same mistake, saw the yellow flag, and I paid more attention to what I was supposed to get by, instead of the road, clipped the grass, the same corner, and went I was again :notworthy: Witout that, I would have exited the pits in front of the guys above.There would have been some intense laps :cry:

How did I end up alone for 40 min, when there were 24 cars on the grid, I can't explain.

FOR NEW AND SLOWER DRIVERS!!!!!!!
1. I was in your situation 1yers ago. I was last I was struggling. It's not fun. But the pace will increase and you will find battles more and more often.
But please:
2. Read the rules for blue flags.
3. Please be aware of your reentry on the circuit, especially on really hard corners.
4. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, keep your line. If you are committed to a line, please take it. If it's a straight, it shouldn't be the racing line, but if you took the racing line, PLEASE, keep it and don't break it. You can release the throttle, but don't make sudden movements. Usually, the faster guys will just get in your back to catch the slipstream and they will make the move when they are close enough. If you see them in the mirror, please keep your line.
Yeah I agree. The new guys were excellent tonight though. It gets really stressful when someone is lapping you. You try to do your best to let them by and in doing so you can cause an incident. As Raresch says just keep your line and then the guy behind knows what to expect to get past. Don't change line on corner entry or exit just take as normal and then if a straight comes up and you just want them to pass you can lift a little.
But overall for a full grid the standard was really high.
Brilliant fun with so many drivers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea