AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sun 04Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Could you please remove the damage from the practice server? Kinda pointless to practice on there if i have to restart from the pits every time i go slightly wide.

Ooh round 2.
Z6ZIvrY.jpg

thx

I would like to sign up.

650S

Count me in, 488.

Why do I do this to myself:unsure: Swimming with all these sharks:cautious: I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I'll take the McLaren. Yes Lambro, I am a traitor. What can I say;)

Mclaren 650s please

I'll take the Porsche please

Ooh round 2.
Z6ZIvrY.jpg

thx

Added everyone! :thumbsup:

Could you please remove the damage from the practice server? Kinda pointless to practice on there if i have to restart from the pits every time i go slightly wide.
If I would do that, then I will get same complain of somebody going wide in the race and destroying their car, because there was no damage in FP. The FP server represents the settings of the race server at 100% grip and that I think should include damage on a circuit like Bathurst, I hope you understand why I wanna keep it on :)

If I would do that, then I will get same complain of somebody going wide in the race and destroying their car, because there was no damage in FP. The FP server represents the settings of the race server at 100% grip and that I think should include damage on a circuit like Bathurst, I hope you understand why I wanna keep it on :)
I understand but i don't agree. Just state in the op that during the race there will be damage. If people don't read the op, it becomes their problem, not yours

I understand but i don't agree. Just state in the op that during the race there will be damage. If people don't read the op, it becomes their problem, not yours
It is true, but people don't read the OP, so I will still get all the messages :D
Anyway, what is important about the FP server are the weather conditions, so you can just use those to practice offline for this one if you like. That is what I always do actually.

It is true, but people don't read the OP, so I will still get all the messages :D
Anyway, what is important about the FP server are the weather conditions, so you can just use those to practice offline for this one if you like. That is what I always do actually.
I suppose i'll do the same, although i like to be on the server to be able to see others laptime and also see if i can get any idea watching others regarding lines or even setup at times.

I suppose i'll do the same, although i like to be on the server to be able to see others laptime and also see if i can get any idea watching others regarding lines or even setup at times.
You are a good driver, I suppose it wont take many laps for you to find the limit and avoid hitting the walls on the mountain part of the track, and then the damage enabled on the server shouldn't be a problem anymore :thumbsup:

Also real damage in real life... aren't we trying to simulate the real thing here?

I'd love to get involved in this but not sure I can make the time being in Malaysia.
Also off to the Asian Le Mans this Sunday so may well be tired from all the excitement

Can I go in as a maybe with the Lambo?

aren't we trying to simulate the real thing here?
Afaik no, we are not. We are playing a videogame. We are so far from a real life experience that we would not be able to start the same car we drive in ac. There are a lot of variables in real life that here are completely ignored. We are also just talking about the practice server, which 80% of the people don't even use. we should aim to what is more fun, not more realistic.

Afaik no, we are not. We are playing a videogame. We are so far from a real life experience that we would not be able to start the same car we drive in ac. There are a lot of variables in real life that here are completely ignored. We are also just talking about the practice server, which 80% of the people don't even use. we should aim to what is more fun, not more realistic.
But equally isn't it good to practice with damage on? After all, you're simulating race conditions - how will you know how your car handles in race conditions if you run wide and sustain damage - you can't escape to pits and start again.It may help you to know if you need to pit to repair or carry on.

Perhaps the answer is to have 2 practice servers, one for fun and one for race practice.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.