AC GT3 @ Bathurst - 04 Sun Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks everybody for this awesome race!
This was my first RD race and definitely not my last, thank you @JoelK

Sorry for my spin on lap 3, @Ronnie Böhme and @BP but I must say you guys did handel it perfectly,
No worries, it's all part of the game ;). Welcome aboard mate :thumbsup:. You did really well, I guess this was just your first RD race but hardly your first online race. Great pace :cool:.
See you soon.

Felt really good about that race overall: to finish 7th @ Bathurst in a full grid with some pretty fast guys and to remain on the lead lap the whole race definitely feels like an accomplishment for me, feels like progress :)

edit: I don't recall ever getting lapped but the simresults show me as 1 lap down...strange. You remember lapping me @JoelK ?

I'm getting used to the R8 now and will be picking it more often...but damn those 650's! You guys seem to glide around corners with so much ease...I was chasing/running from @Anders Jensen at different points, I'd take a corner as perfect as I've ever done it, yet there he is in my mirror closing in even more...pretty intimidating, I'm gonna stop looking in my mirrors :roflmao:. @Raresch that was a good run we had as well, always a good chase when I run into you :thumbsup:

I find I have to work on my opening laps, I find I'm usually a worse driver during the first half of a race, but find good pace about halfway through. The thing I tend to forget sometimes when jumping from sim to sim, is which sim takes longer to add fuel vs. changing tyres and vice-versa...R3E takes longer to refuel and I got the two sims confused, so I opted to take a full tank and only change tyres...I realised too late to change my strategy as I had already jumped to the grid. Maybe I'm not used to cars with lots of fuel? I kept missing apexes during the first 20 mins or so.

How do you guys remain fast with heavier fuel loads? Less TC and more brake bias to the rear to help the car turn?

Last edited:
Joel gave me a good car, no complaints there, 650 S handled like dream, even with me driving it.
Even kept up with Han’s 911 on the long straights, had an accident which blunted the performance
a bit, may be fooling myself there, plus a few knocks on walls, did not help.:rolleyes:
All in, a good race for me. Amazed at how quick the fast guys were, it was a bit of an education for
me, not used to that many quickies in one race.:)
Thanks to Joel and Craig for their efforts in bring this event together.:thumbsup:
And of course to everyone for their fair but competitive racing.:)

Felt really good about that race overall: to finish 7th @ Bathurst in a full grid with some pretty fast guys and to remain on the lead lap the whole race definitely feels like an accomplishment for me, feels like progress :)

edit: I don't recall ever getting lapped but the simresults show me as 1 lap down...strange. You remember lapping me @JoelK ?

I'm getting used to the R8 now and will be picking it more often...but damn those 650's! You guys seem to glide around corners with so much ease...I was chasing/running from @Anders Jensen at different points, I'd take a corner as perfect as I've ever done it, yet there he is in my mirror closing in even more...pretty intimidating, I'm gonna stop looking in my mirrors :roflmao:. @Raresch that was a good run we had as well, always a good chase when I run into you :thumbsup:

I find I have to work on my opening laps, I find I'm usually a worse driver during the first half of a race, but find good pace about halfway through. The thing I tend to forget sometimes when jumping from sim to sim, is which sim takes longer to add fuel vs. changing tyres and vice-versa...R3E takes longer to refuel and I got the two sims confused, so I opted to take a full tank and only change tyres...I realised too late to change my strategy as I had already jumped to the grid. Maybe I'm not used to cars with lots of fuel? I kept missing apexes during the first 20 mins or so.

How do you guys remain fast with heavier fuel loads? Less TC and more brake bias to the rear to help the car turn?
I don't know about the setups and settings, but you could write the sim behaviours (how long it takes to add fuel) on a post-it or print them. just glance at them when you hop in and there you go :D this is what I would if I would use multiple sims.

True, I should of said something at the time but at least you didn’t kill yourself, I was in my own wee world, I SURVIVED BATHURST omg, for my first race do u think you could’ve pick something easier, spun twice, once trying to get out of the way and the second 1 just happened near the end at the third 90 degree corner just spun out, hopefully I wasn’t to bad for everyone but I had a blast although made a mistake of taking medium tyres for the first stint, terrible

So.....to sum it all up (for the blue flag)
If you're staying on the racing line: keep the pace
If you can get off the racing line don't brake but lift the gas slightly?

I think P10 was the last that I overtook.

Regarding heavier fuel loads, I may stiffen ARB's slightly to reduce body sway, which increases the cars responsiveness. I don't usually make any major adjustments to the setup to try and make it better for the race, since we have no warm-up in AC, so it's easier (for me) to run with the same setup for race/quali.

So.....to sum it all up (for the blue flag)
If you're staying on the racing line: keep the pace
If you can get off the racing line don't brake but lift the gas slightly?
Exactly like that. It may feel really intimidating to have a faster car right on your rear bumper through a fast section, but we're just there to engage when an opening appears. I usually plan my overtake well in advance, where and how I wanna do it so if u guys do something unnecessary, it can catch us off-guard, which usually results in a near-miss or a collision.

Completely forgot to even properly welcome you to the club :D It's nice to have another of us finns around:whistling:
I like the Finns as persons:) but not as competing drivers:(. They're all too bloody fast:cry:. Are you born with pedals on your feet and breastfed with gasoline or something like that? ;) But welcome of course, @Birche !:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think P10 was the last that I overtook.

Regarding heavier fuel loads, I may stiffen ARB's slightly to reduce body sway, which increases the cars responsiveness. I don't usually make any major adjustments to the setup to try and make it better for the race, since we have no warm-up in AC, so it's easier (for me) to run with the same setup for race/quali.
Where can I get the race results please

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea