AC GT3 @ Bathurst - 04 Sun Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I wanted to try out something new with the varied track temp. Guess some guys benefitted from it and some guys didn't. For the Audi it was just on the edge for the softs. If it would've been 27c then they would've been undriveable and the mediums would've started working.
I managed to substain average laps on medium and long stint, then put on soft and 13 laps flying (for me) though it was impossible to catch the Alien guys ;) So for me 9th is just awesome!!!!:D

Last edited:
What was the gap at the end from p1 & p2 ?
That was the first time i did not crash ! Also best result p9,Sweating like a pig at the end tho !
Great clean racing again lads,well done.
I was catching you like crazy, but I misjudged the slipstream and braked too late, then it was a catching game again, thanks to your tyre wear I managed it at the end. So, if you are P9, then I am P8? But I take into account Henri, so P9 :roflmao:

So, to explain more why I stopped - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dropping-out-of-signed-up-race.137215/#post-2504672

I was really enjoying the race after a mess of qualifying, being forced off early in lap 1, having managed to see off @Wozu and keep him behind me, was looking forward to having a right old battle with @ChikiWaki, up into 9th, car felt great, considering I'd never driven it before this week, and..... first time ever a callout has come through while I've been in an RD race - I pulled over safely, logged out. Arse.

Callout was rubbish too, Misper found before we could really get going and one of the vehicles broke down.

Thanks to @JoelK for hosting.

I was catching you like crazy, but I misjudged the slipstream and braked too late, then it was a catching game again, thanks to your tyre wear I managed it at the end. So, if you are P9, then I am P8? But I take into account Henri, so P9 :roflmao:
Aw yeah I checked the gap after your off every lap and was like 8.5 seconds.....7....6....5...4...OH NO HE’S GONNA CATCH ME !,and you did ! Well done great racing. It’s unreal how well everyone races,I’ve only done 2 races so far but look forward to many more.

So, to explain more why I stopped - https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dropping-out-of-signed-up-race.137215/#post-2504672

I was really enjoying the race after a mess of qualifying, being forced off early in lap 1, having managed to see off @Wozu and keep him behind me, was looking forward to having a right old battle with @ChikiWaki, up into 9th, car felt great, considering I'd never driven it before this week, and..... first time ever a callout has come through while I've been in an RD race - I pulled over safely, logged out. Arse.

Callout was rubbish too, Misper found before we could really get going and one of the vehicles broke down.

Thanks to @JoelK for hosting.
So sorry about it, I was having so much fun trying to keep you at bay, I don't know for how much longer, you made no mistakes!!!

Aw yeah I checked the gap after your off every lap and was like 8.5 seconds.....7....6....5...4...OH NO HE’S GONNA CATCH ME !,and you did ! Well done great racing. It’s unreal how well everyone races,I’ve only done 2 races so far but look forward to many more.
Yeap, very clean racing, I would say. A pity we were not on the same tyre compound, yet you would have beaten the crap out of me. :D

Last edited:
Man i suck for not practicing....was watching the F1 highlights haha.

I ran a SPA setup and just tweaked it during qualy. I was P19 and crossed the line with a few seconds to go, managed a 2:06.3 i think which got me upto 10th. Was such a rush on a do or die lap lol.

Race, with long first gear i bog down, same as last week, lost quite a few places. Started to make some back and spun, had to wait to rejoin, made some places and spun again same place. Made some places, guess what...yup i spun, different place this time. Concentration was poor this week. Again due to no practice i was working out fuel stop during the race and put 10 litres too little.

Mental race, in the end i retired with 8mins to go. I was knackard.

Cheers @JoelK for setting this up!! See ya next week.

Last edited:
Jesus! That was hard work.
A very challeging race for a newbie like me in the 911.
It didn't help that I set up the pit stop strategy wrong, which meant I had to make three pit stops before getting new tyres :roflmao:
I was lapped by a lot and tried my best to stay out of the way. One overtook me, just to crash shortly after.
I have to work a lot more on my setup, and choose a setup for this race close to the default.

It is indeed a learning process, and my learning curve is very steep right now - so watch out in the rear mirror. I am coming! :-D:thumbsup:

This was fun :thumbsup:, quali P11 (or 12?), then last place in race after the incident in T1, ended on P12 I think.. @Axel Moebius I nearly got you in the end :p

O man, this was a heavy one. I was most of the time busy not to crash my 911. Frustrated that every time I got near George something happened so that the gap increased. Had an incident with car that I lapped on the long straight (he had a blue flag) but then he tried to overtake me on the inside in the chicane. Didn't expect that of course. Got off track and lost a position.

But I had a lot of fun and I'm a bit proud that I could bring the 911 to the finish with just minor damage.

Thanks Joel for organising.

Yeah Han, I've seen that incident as I've been behind you.. don't know what that guy was thinking.. In general, there have been some sketchy situations with lapped cars :unsure:

Hi. The race was fun. I have qualified 12th, based on the fact that there were 29 cars starting, I think it is my best qualifying to date. ;) Really glad about that.
I usually start very well, taking 1-2 positions, which I loose in the first corner because I brake too early, just to not hit anybody in front :)) An early incident took me on 6th position I think, and after some laps, I end up behind @BP and in front of @ChikiWaki or behind ... or smth. You were there too :) I enjoyed so much to chasing Brandon, I was actually laughing and smiling the whole lap. I was passed by @Anders Jensen with a Verstappen move like in the Austrian GP, but I guess that's racing :)) Glad I didn't spin and thanks for waiting that 3-4 seconds until I regained speed.
My setup choice was a real problem. I went for too much downforce because I couldn't keep the R8's back comfortable enough through the hill chicanes, so I lost so much on the straights. I barely kept the pace even with the slipstream effect, and my superior speed into the corners was actually nothing on this track because it was so narrow. I thought about this in the practice, but I thought: maybe others will have the same problem with traction? But nooo, they went for aero 3 (@JoelK ). I had 7 :whistling::whistling: ups :)
My first stint pace was somehow a lie because I started with soft and fuel only for 14 laps, so I might have been a lot lighter than others. Around lap 13, I've entered the pits. I've put meds because the soft wouldn't have lasted (or would have been red, and I wanted to avoid that), but meds took too much to get hot so I messed really bad in the chicane and damaged the front wing. I've had lot's of understeer so I had to reenter the pits for repairs after less than one lap :cry::cry:.
The second stint was good, I had the pace to overtake some, some missed the brakings, I've ended up on 15th, which is good because I was on 21st after my second pit-stop ;)
@JoelK Sorry for letting you pass in such a dangerous spot. I have learned my lesson. Also, in the closing stages, when @steen skov Laursen was closing in, two of the lapped cars spun on the uphill turns and I barely avoided both of them, which was crazy scary.
@dg222 I would like to recommend that on the straight, do not brake if the car lapped is behind you. If you want to aid the overtake, just release the throttle a bit and after the pass get to speed as soon as possible. I tried to do some slipstreaming behind you and then you just braked and fortunately, I had the time to avoid it, seeing the brake lights in time. Just be careful and be predictable. No one is expecting a brake in the middle of a straight. But don't worry, I was lapped a lot and I still am. I still try to get over that fact that I have to be predictable and sometimes I change my lines to exit on the interior and let the other use the exterior but you have to be careful and see if the faster car didn't already make the move on the inside. We all learn, I have still to learn and we just have to enjoy this :D And as a tip: I was struggling at the back as you and since two weeks or so, it just clicked. I really like the R8 and I feel like I can push harder and harder, so it takes some time, but when you find the feeling of driving, you just become faster.
Sorry for writing so much, I really enjoyed the race and I wanted to say all the things here :D Sorry for speaking too much at some time, someone asked me where I was, and I've responded. I am sorry for the inconvenience of the others.
Thanks, @JoelK and @Craig Dunkley, for organizing those events. The way you combine the cars and tracks is astonishing.

And a bit of a quality of life message. We had some new people today and I noticed not everyone handled blue flags all that well.
I'm gonna use you as an example @hoody, don't take it personal and besides, I appreciate the gesture.
However, some people were slowing down on the racing line, to give me the corner. We have no way of knowing what you're doing. In this example, I had to come off the brakes to avoid colliding with Danny. If you're planning to let someone by in the braking zone, please move off the racing line, as that's a clear signal.

I also noticed some people moving out of the way in Forest's Elbow (Final corner before the downhill straight).
You might as well stick to the line there and let the car behind use slipstream to pass you. You won't lose time and the car lapping you will actually gain some time with the slipstream. :)
But once again, I (and I assume I speak for all the frontrunners) really appreciate the gesture, however, it can sometimes lead to dangerous situations.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back