AC GT3 @ Bahrain - Sunday 6th December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Since this is a new track, I also uploaded my PB in case it helps people out learning the track -- pedal input is on the bottom left. Happy to help with any tips or anything else, just ask :)

Could have probably done with that about 3 hours earlier :D I also hadn't been on the track prior to the start of practice and whilst the rest of the track was pretty easy to get my head around, that double left hander was a mystery to me even by the end of the race. I lost count of the number of times the rear broke loose. I need to go back over the replay and see what I was doing different.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down - it was interesting racing on the circuit as I had no idea of the elevation changes from just watching it on TV

Sorry I left early guys. I have been very unwell the last few days and wasn't going to race at all until the last minute. So had no laps on the track at all in the 650 prior to 8pm tonight.
Thought I had a decent setup but after the first 50% went in it was very unstable at that tricky downhill left hander and it was only a matter of time before I lost it there. Once I did the tires were toast and after a couple more spins so was my brain.
A bad night for me but hope you all had fun and look forward to next week.

Nice move Chris I was impressed with that one

Congrats Hape and Raf.
Get well soon, George!

Well... I was a victim of my own incompetence again.

I was late, plugged in a different monitor as the right hand screen for my triples, didn't realise Windows recognised it as 1440x900, which means the strategy menu was cut out. I decided to do mediums and 1L anyway, but I forgot to set that 1L pit stop beforehand, so without being able to change it I just quit as I would have been disqualified eventually.

(Incidentally, I had a verbal reaction to that issue that I hope wasn't picked up by TS... but immediately afterwards I heard George reacting to something, so apologies if that got through and distracted anyone.)

Congrats podium guys, see you soon!

Last edited:
Chris is like a Merc in F1. If he follows someone in dirty air it has problems :roflmao:
Also, why don't you ever look in the right mirror? I find it very odd. You always use only the left one.

Heh, I do look in the right mirror, but I think the video output is from my left eye, so it looks like I never look at it :)

Yeah that double left was a nightmare. @Chris Down what was the trick to keep car stable there?

Mostly gearing and adjusting the brake input on the fly based on the wheel feedback. If you watch the PB lap above, you'll see I'm modulating the brake quite hard based on what I feel in the steering wheel.

My strategy is to commit to accelerating in to keep the car stable, then brake somewhat straight, and trail brake into the second apex.

Last edited:
Mostly gearing and adjusting the brake input on the fly based on the wheel feedback. If you watch the PB lap above, you'll see I'm modulating the brake quite hard based on what I feel in the steering wheel.

My strategy is to commit to accelerating in to keep the car stable, then brake somewhat straight, and trail brake into the second apex.
Yeah I managed that in quali, accelerating in I mean and braking hard late and straight, but I overshot a couple of times doing it that way.
Do you mind me asking what your brake balance was?

I just want Chris’s MoTeC data logging printout.

Is that too much to ask ?:unsure:

9D4036B3-EB51-4E5B-8860-F4063D0A021B.jpeg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%