AC GT3 @ Bahrain - Sunday 6th December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Going to sign out just now unfortunately as there's no guarantee I'll get home in time! Thought I'd have plenty of time for practice today but the missus decided we were christmas shopping :rolleyes: :sleep:

If there's space later and I'm good to go I'll let you know!

Don't worry about it mate, we have space -- feel free to come if you can :thumbsup:

Note: race server will have "mid clear" weather since people said the sun is too strong. Practice server will still remain with "clear". Every other setting (temps, time, etc) will be the same.

Last edited:
@Chris Down gonna sign out of this. I had no time for practice and I don't even know brake markers. I don't have the patience to learn the track in 30min.

See you all next week and have a nice race.

Last edited:
Hmm, it was ok for me in my few laps of practice, but I'm happy to accommodate if the sun is too strong for people. Time of day is 11:30, so it's pretty much as high/unobstructive as it's going to get, and that's the normal time we run for all GT3 races.

On the race server, I'll set the weather to "light clouds" which should hopefully help.

I think its this shader patch. Since I installed the content manager/shader patch i've been having issues. Tried uninstalling it, but still shows some things in-game. Just gonna do a clean install of AC.

Another nice race, everyone! I was looking forward to it all week and it really made my day, thanks! :D

Congrats to the podiums. Heard it was someones first today (Hape I believe) :thumbsup:

Not sure who it was that I rear-ended into turn 8 on lap 1....sorry :redface:....glad it didn't boot you off or ruin your race.

Nice pit stop @HF2000, thought I'd be able to make something of it but, alas, I got to watch you become smaller and smaller.

Nice overtake @uvraver after exiting the pits. I didn't know I had gained a position as I had to be more cognizant of the blue flag. Great little battle in turns 8-10 thought we would swap positions for a bit but I couldn't keep the pace.

After having so little time to practice this circuit I'm happy with my consistency. Leaps above my first drive at Imola and a lot more fun. :)

Cheers, guys. Catch you next Sunday! Looking forward to another great combo, Chris. :D

I had a cracking race, managed the whole race without spinning the
Lamborghini.
ACFF9E35-C821-401C-97C8-95EBDFB1C082.png

Great all long battle with @SOLO59 Dean, I pretty much guessed he was going for a splash and dash, So I assumed he was on mediums, meaning the latter part of the race he was on “Gone” tyres, so purposely left my pitting late.
That meant I would be on fresh set of softs for the last 20 min.

Congrats to @hape on his podium, I thought about trying to have a go but lost to much time first third of the race, and anyway you were quicker on average, so I just concentrated on Dean.

The usual congratulations to podiums and @Chris Down for all his organisation of , at least for me, a great event. And a special thanks to a great bunch of driver I came across on my none spinning Lamborghini.
ACFF9E35-C821-401C-97C8-95EBDFB1C082.png

Finally had myself a good race today!
Too many little mistakes in qualy and qualified P8.
Made it down to P5 in a few laps and stayed put!
Moved up to P3 after pitstops ahead. I was surprisingly consistent throughout but had only one brain fart and missed a comer completely lol.

Made my pitstop from P3, came out P4, then lost it to Ernie in about under 2 laps I think.

Had to defend against Thomas with warn tires towards the end. Great chase and pressure man! Finished the race in P5 with left front tire at 87%.

Congrats to Chris and the podiums! I had a blast but wasn't expecting to, so didn't feel like recording the race, but I should have! It was not a boring race defending, especially against Ernie.

Thanks @Chris Down for hosting

Great race everyone! Glad to hear you had a good time :thumbsup:

From my perspective, I got a terrible start due to mistiming my upshift into 2nd, which @GEO147 adeptly capitalised on. Had a couple of laps battling with George, until I took him into T1/T2 (that was a cool one!). Unfortunate not to battle with you more, George, that was a lot of fun.

Spent most of the rest of the race trying to manage the tyres a little, since I didn't know how long they would last. In stint one they lasted until 2 laps from the end, which made me more confident that I could go flat out in the second stint.

Had a couple of dodgy moments into the long left hander when the tyres wanted to give up, which were fun and/or scary. Thankfully nothing too serious. The last laps were also really sketchy because I got cramp in my left foot, and I left foot brake... so that caused an "interesting" moment into T1 :coffee:

Congrats to @hape and @Raf Nix on the podium! Well deserved :thumbsup: Great to see everyone out enjoing a new track!

Last edited:
I pretty much guessed he was going for a splash and dash, So I assumed he was on mediums, meaning the latter part of the race he was on “Gone” tyres, so purposely left my pitting late.

Nah bro I went all suicidal with softs all the way to the end. Lol

Slash n dash for the pit. Really had to concentrate on not sliding too much to make the softs last... Sort of

Sorry I left early guys. I have been very unwell the last few days and wasn't going to race at all until the last minute. So had no laps on the track at all in the 650 prior to 8pm tonight.
Thought I had a decent setup but after the first 50% went in it was very unstable at that tricky downhill left hander and it was only a matter of time before I lost it there. Once I did the tires were toast and after a couple more spins so was my brain.
A bad night for me but hope you all had fun and look forward to next week.

Nice move Chris I was impressed with that one

Congrats Hape and Raf.

Last edited:
Thanks for the race!

I somehow managed to stay out of trouble and “old lady” drive to 8th position :)
It was only my second proper race (have driven 15-20 min races in public lobbies before) . I’m happy that I lost the car only once (freaked out when I saw the leader in rear wiew mirrors).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back