FM4 GT2 World Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
GT2WC.png
Hi everyone, I thinking about starting up a GT2 world championship, if your interested please reply to this thread. Each in event there will be 3 heats, points scoring system will be the same as in the BTCC,

1st : 20 points, 2nd : 17 points, 3rd : 15 points, 4th : 13 points, 5th : 11 points, 6th : 10 points, 7th : 9 points, 8th : 8 points, 9th : 7 points, 10th : 6 points, 11th : 5 points, 12th : 4 points, 13th : 3 points, 14th : 2 points, 15th : 1 point

Driving Aids

ABS : OFF
Steering : SIMULATION OR NORMAL
Traction Control : OFF
Stabiltiy Control : OFF
Shifting : MANUAL ONLY NO CLUTCH ALLOWED
Racing line : ALLOWED

All races will be a 60 minuet timed race.
  • Full damage will be utilised.
  • Each event will begin with a single flying lap qualifying session to determine the grid for the race.
  • Each race will require at least 1 mandatory pit stop, failure to complete the stop will see you disqualified from the race.
  • Timeout will be set to 3 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allocated after the shakedown events take place.
  • Cars can be tuned/upgraded to no higher than 763 Pi, which is the highest of the GT2 cars when first brought so in theory all are equal.
  • Drivers lowest scores from 2 of the 10 rounds taking place will be dropped from the final results to aid those unable to compete every race.
  • Lobby will open at 8.15pm (UK Time) to allow for any connection issues.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
  • If you are not connected by the race start time, you will not be able to race. If you get disconnected during the race, you will miss the race, unless everyone disconnects.
  • Each race will start with a rolling start - The Pace car will start at the back of the grid, and all race cars must wait until it passes through the middle to the front of the grid. Then we will follow the Pace car in the positions that we qualified in until the last corner (this doesn't include kinks) of the track, then the car at the front of the grid will control the grid. Once the car at the FRONT of the grid has crossed the start finish line you may commence racing.
Calendar is on the following thread... http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ionship-calendar-results-and-standings.50266/

Cars available

Audi
R8 LMS (NO CONVERSION ALLOWED TO 4WD)
BMW
#2 BMW M3 GTR
#6 Prototype Technology Group M3 GTR
#92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
#79 Jeff Hoons BMW M3 GT2 Art Car
Ferrari
#62 Risi Competizione F430GT
#90 Frarnbacher Racing F430GT
#89 Hankook Team Frarnbacher F430GT
#83 Risi Competizione F430GT
#62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia
Ford
#40 Robertson Racing Ford GT Mk7
Jaguar
#33 RSR XKR GT
Lamborghini
#08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
Panoz
#51 Panoz Esperante GTLM
#050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi

If your interested please post, and you will be put into the post, 'sign up' below.

More GT2 Cups to come i think, try get all the DLC in and even a couple of GT3 cars to make the choice even better

The Performance of the GT2 with a 5% power reduction is very similar to the GT3 cars without, I have been doing that whilst doing A.I races in my 911 GT3 Cup. Times from all cars are normally within a second, but not tested all of them.

there definitely should be more GT2 cups, the car choices are good, and I think alot of people have them.

After the next championships that are coming after this one, would anyone be interested in doing the FIA GT1 World championship, it won't feature any GT1 cars, but GT2 and GT3 cars like the real thing. All the cars that race in the proper championship are on here now, and we'll do it so there are only 2 of each car allowed in the championship. the cars will be The Audi R8 LMS, the Ferrari 458 GT2, Them Mclaren Mp4-12c GT3, the BMW Z4 GT3, the Ford GT GT2, The Lambo that is in this championship, The SLS GT3, and the Porsche 911 RSR?

Interested but it depends what else is going on. I think I'm only going to commit to one series at a time after current run ....but may jump in as a guest on others if space is available ....

We did test some of these a few weeks ago on a Friday club night ....SLS, Z4, GT3 ...... Some are still in club garage.

I've done some testing with the GT3 cars together with some friends. But I do not think GT2 and GT3 cars are compatible in this game. They are too different. The GT2 cars have more power and more grip already in stock, and GT3 cars suffer from lack of top speed and grip in stock. When trying to balance them with GT2 cars, you get big differences in top speed etc. For instance, the Z4 is really slow down the straights even with restrictors off and high power output.

However, we have found a nice set of cars for the GT3 category. Z4 GT3, McLaren GT3, SLS GT3, Viper 2008 (#2 and #11), Audi R8 LMS (with 5% power handicap) and the 2011 Porsche 997 GT3 Cup (#23 and #54). These are evenly matched and could form a GT3 class below GT2 for a great mix of cars which includes lapping etc. in multiclass endurance races (or a standalone GT3 race).

The GT2 cars and the GT3 class above have been tested for a Swedish GT league, although I haven't had time to host a test race yet. There's also a GT4 class for the Lotus Evora Endurance, Porsche 996 GT3 Cup, Maserati GT4 and Aston V12 Zagato. However, it's too early to introduce a 3rd category of cars at this point. We need drivers to fill a decent grid at first :) .

Summary: I find it very difficult to balance cars between the GT2 and GT3 classes, but there are many cars that have similar characteristics and fit in the GT3 class (and you also have the in-game classification of the cars, called "body style" or "model family", can't remember which).

think we could get a GT2 - GT3 field going, would be interesting, Im in another league where I am going to drive a GTE (which is GT2) Mclaren, which I have shared in the club garage.. but in these races, there will also be LMP1, and GTC (Which are GT3,although there are only the GT3,SLS & the Z4 available).

Will be doing the first race next Sunday, and whilst I think they may have some work to do in terms of car equalising, as My Mclaren is 10Pi below a lot of the cars in my class, and the power of the Mclaren is not stellar(it's leaving me about 7 seconds off the pace off the best of the best on the site, but they are using different cars). Hopefully It will serve as a nice guinea pig for me to be able to experience and then contribute some ideas going forward from seeing them learn from mistakes that will inevitably happen in this series.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back