FM4 GT2 World Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
GT2WC.png
Hi everyone, I thinking about starting up a GT2 world championship, if your interested please reply to this thread. Each in event there will be 3 heats, points scoring system will be the same as in the BTCC,

1st : 20 points, 2nd : 17 points, 3rd : 15 points, 4th : 13 points, 5th : 11 points, 6th : 10 points, 7th : 9 points, 8th : 8 points, 9th : 7 points, 10th : 6 points, 11th : 5 points, 12th : 4 points, 13th : 3 points, 14th : 2 points, 15th : 1 point

Driving Aids

ABS : OFF
Steering : SIMULATION OR NORMAL
Traction Control : OFF
Stabiltiy Control : OFF
Shifting : MANUAL ONLY NO CLUTCH ALLOWED
Racing line : ALLOWED

All races will be a 60 minuet timed race.
  • Full damage will be utilised.
  • Each event will begin with a single flying lap qualifying session to determine the grid for the race.
  • Each race will require at least 1 mandatory pit stop, failure to complete the stop will see you disqualified from the race.
  • Timeout will be set to 3 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allocated after the shakedown events take place.
  • Cars can be tuned/upgraded to no higher than 763 Pi, which is the highest of the GT2 cars when first brought so in theory all are equal.
  • Drivers lowest scores from 2 of the 10 rounds taking place will be dropped from the final results to aid those unable to compete every race.
  • Lobby will open at 8.15pm (UK Time) to allow for any connection issues.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
  • If you are not connected by the race start time, you will not be able to race. If you get disconnected during the race, you will miss the race, unless everyone disconnects.
  • Each race will start with a rolling start - The Pace car will start at the back of the grid, and all race cars must wait until it passes through the middle to the front of the grid. Then we will follow the Pace car in the positions that we qualified in until the last corner (this doesn't include kinks) of the track, then the car at the front of the grid will control the grid. Once the car at the FRONT of the grid has crossed the start finish line you may commence racing.
Calendar is on the following thread... http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ionship-calendar-results-and-standings.50266/

Cars available

Audi
R8 LMS (NO CONVERSION ALLOWED TO 4WD)
BMW
#2 BMW M3 GTR
#6 Prototype Technology Group M3 GTR
#92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
#79 Jeff Hoons BMW M3 GT2 Art Car
Ferrari
#62 Risi Competizione F430GT
#90 Frarnbacher Racing F430GT
#89 Hankook Team Frarnbacher F430GT
#83 Risi Competizione F430GT
#62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia
Ford
#40 Robertson Racing Ford GT Mk7
Jaguar
#33 RSR XKR GT
Lamborghini
#08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
Panoz
#51 Panoz Esperante GTLM
#050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi

If your interested please post, and you will be put into the post, 'sign up' below.

Round 6, Indianapolis Motor Speedway GP Circuit, 18th July 2012
Qualifying Report/Starting Position - Messed my flying lap by going off a tad, so started well down in 6th.
Race Report - Had a good rolling start, and took Micheal down the pit straight going into the first corner, then a few seconds later, I took Wayne for 4th place. When I past him, I got onto the back of Ryan, and capitalized on a mistake by him to get up into the podium places. Then I started to catch Chris and Johnny, and with in 5 laps, I was with Chris, but could find a way past. I pitted the first opportunity when the Pit Window open on lap 12, because while fighting with Chris, we were loosing time off Johnny, whose place I was aiming for today. As I came out, I got stuck behind Micheal for a bit, and was worried that my opportunity to jump Chris in the stops was gone, but as he came out, I was about a second ahead, which I was pleased with. Then I tried to catch Johnny, but my mum came in and was shouting at me to hoover my room, just like Consulea does in Family Guy, I got out of it by saying I'd do it after the race, but the sound of the hoover had put me off, and I was falling further behind. From there I could do much, apart form the fastest lap, which I was happy with, a 1:23.8. I stayed 2nd to the flag​
Round Summary - Very good round for me today, as I was expecting at this track, was hoping for 1st, but I'm very happy with second. My driving is getting much more consistent, which is good, and now I'm hoping to try and catch Linus in the standings. Good day for the team championship as well, with a 1 - 2 for BDLarsson Engineering, and putting us both on the same points, of 58. A wee mid season break now, going to the US for a holiday so should be good. Thanks for a good race today guys, and I'll see you on the 8th. :thumbsup:

Too bad I missed another race. The rallycross event last night ended very late, at around 00.30 local time (which means I missed the start of GT2 qualy with 3 hours). But I didn't get home until 02.00 because of the heavy traffic (30 mins to get out from the track and a 1 hour drive home). Wonderful racing, though! Thanks to the midnight sun we get up here, visibility was never an issue while racing at night:).

I really need to make the next round of this league.

Indy GP - GT2
Quali - Got an ok quali and managed 7th place.
Not as fast as i hoped but looked fine.
R - We had a fine rolling start and personally my best ever.
Cause i managed to stick to the pack and that for the first laps as well.
The Wayne had an off and that allowed me to pass.
Thanks to the top-speed of the R8 I could keep him behind me for several laps.
Even when he passed me before the straight i passed him again on the straight.
But had to yield as he got passed me at the first corners since my lead wasn't big enough this time.
I feared he would start to pull away then but no I managed to keep close and we even started to gain on Ryan.
Then I went into the pit at the same time as Ryan and off we went again for a battle.
I was nailing my best times even dropping into the 1.27's and started to close in on Ryan.
But then bang a bit to hard out of the corner on the straight and poff aero damage.
Luckily it was a small tap and i didn't loose any performance.
So started gaining on ryan again.
But a few laps later it happened again and this time with a big spin and only by braking and countersteering i kept the car from worse.
But this tap did affect the performance and top speed.
So was running 2 to 3 seconds slower than my average laps.
So any hope on a battle was chucked down the drain by a slight mistake.
Finished 7th.
Summary - Mixed feelings on this one. Great battle with Wayne and hoping for a good race.
But chucked it all away by beeing to eager.
So happy with the race and grats to the podium finishers.
Just not pleased with my result as I ruined my race myselve.
Won't claim i would have finished higher but would have had a nice battle with wayne and ryan.
Ah,well first time i ruined it this way. So onto the next and still going for a high finish in the championship.

Finished 7th.
Summary - Mixed feelings on this one. Great battle with Wayne and hoping for a good race.But chucked it all away by beeing to eager.
So happy with the race and grats to the podium finishers.
Just not pleased with my result as I ruined my race myselve.
Won't claim i would have finished higher but would have had a nice battle with wayne and ryan.
Ah,well first time i ruined it this way. So onto the next and still going for a high finish in the championship.
Also Peter, remember your two worst finishes are excluded

Round 6

Qualy: got into the wrong side of the car. Had to unbuckle myself, switch seats and so lost a lot of time. Did better in lap 2.

Race:
Struggled with car for the first few laps. Lost places. Only hitting 1:28s. Eventually got things together and had good races with Ry, Peter and Mr.Changefultrain. Got my times to 1:25s. Lots of close racing with all three drivers and somehow managed together past all of them.
Only got lapped by LotusOmega on his final lap ...... Is that car race legal;)!

I checked out the dlc Chevy ..... Bloody hell ..... No wonder we can't catch him ...., Ace car and Ace driver! Just compare the stock car to the others as stock. Not complaining, just sayin. :)

Typical bloody T10, don't buy the car then don't expect to win ....... :(

Round 6

Qualifying

Utterly Baffled to get a 1:27:3XX and be 3rd on the grid, had no confidence in the car at all, but managed a clean lap, and in this 2 lap format, that is pretty much all you have to do!

Race

Well, disaster is the word, Don't think this car is suited to the track at all. (Tried it afterwards at Hockenheim and was about 3 tenths off my best LB time in a Gallardo without any tinkering). the car wasn't stable under braking at all, which meant the first turn at the beginning of every lap I was locking up my brakes heavilly just trying to get slowed down, and the lap would unravel from there, one corner in particular I would have oversteer going into the corner,Understeer before getting through the corner, which would snap to oversteer before exit, I've never had this ever from a car! Another thing seemed like I could get the car to behave quite well and was all over the back of Changeful train for around 3-4 laps, and then the car just started to lose grip!? I was looking at the tyre temps and nothing stuck out as wrong, but I was losing around 2 seconds a lap from my best time. I Crashed, which didn't help performance at all! I then Pitted again just because I was utterly fed up of the tyres, coming back out with cold tyres, I was still faster than my time, by the end I was over 11,000ft behind Wayne and had been lapped twice (had horror memories of the Indy DTM race last season where I was still learning and got lapped about 6 times!).

Overall

Really poor showing by myself,and the car. Have no chance of getting 6th now in the championship with this car. But I will stick with it as I will use this championship and car to try and understand setup work and what changes affect the car. It should help me in the future!

Not quite sure what to expect from the Bernese Alps if I am honest, it's an odd track and not sure where the overtaking opportunities are as opposed to the more conventional tracks on the calendar, but looking forward to it, and hopefully my car will show a bit more improvement. It can be as Changeful train managed a better result than me in the same car, so both me and car have work to do!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%