AC GT2 @ Le Mans 2017 (w/chicane) - Fri 22Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
We have no LMP1s but we've got hell's minion ;)
chevrolet-corvette-c7.r-wallpapers-31977-7813313.jpg

Yes, I know. I'm on the list with Vette. But I'm veeeeerrrrrrrryyyyy slow today :(:mad::cry: Slower than usual.

And I'm driving this one
35080985_1986944944657854_2851616602439286784_n.png

34788462_1986934177992264_2918266523413905408_n.png

Sorry for ****ing that up @Henri Sinik , that was about to be a fun race. 60 min of boring hotlapping almost put me to sleep, well deserved after 3 stupid mistakes first stint. Open lap was fun but scary with the shitty netcode, thought we end up warping into each other and slowed down after that. (so used to rfactor2 and raceroom now)

Had a hard time seeing stuff on the track, was extremly dark and changed brightness ... still bad. My eyes hurt now :(.
See you next time!

I see people using some kind of night mod, there was nothing mentioned in the 2 opening posts of this thread. I have no experience with mods tbh, so adding some links to relevant mods would be helpful. This was my view, it was terrible ...
4rnfjyx.jpg

Great racing with Maciej, Thomas & Bobby lurking patiently all race. Florian did you run out of fuel or just slow down for some other reason?
These mistakes deserve no finish, had to punish myself. :notworthy:

I see people using some kind of night mod, there was nothing mentioned in the 2 opening posts of this thread.

Yeah - I switched PP filter to something brighter, I really did try and use the light mod but after a few laps it started wrecking my FPS in the chicanes amongst other places.

Oh pfft! I let Maciej past at one point so we didn't have a huge accident thanks to my inconsistency, but nothing is so bad you have to get rid of half a lap's lead :p

I see people using some kind of night mod, there was nothing mentioned in the 2 opening posts of this thread.
That's because I don't want anyone to feel compelled to use mods that haven't been finalized. It may not work for some people with what they are using Rift / monitor. I just wanted you guys to race and if you chose to do it like I did, that was great.

I see people using some kind of night mod, there was nothing mentioned in the 2 opening posts of this thread. I have no experience with mods tbh, so adding some links to relevant mods would be helpful. This was my view, it was terrible ...
4rnfjyx.jpg

Maybe the links to recommended mods might be expanded which would be helpful for people who have not heard of those.

A shortlist of must have apps and mods related to run the current best experience of weather and night lighting:

Content Manager:
https://acstuff.ru/app/

- not only a Assetto Corsa launcher replacement but an incredible extension of functions, features and the very best way of managing mods
- there is a "free" light version and a "fully loaded" donation version

Content Manager is needed to enable the full 24h cycle for offline racing and advanced time and weather based visual mods.

Dynamics Lights shader patch (early WIP):
https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
- install this and for the first time you will see the previously considered impossible dynamic headlights, brake lights, backfire that illuminates the environment including other cars, …

This is truly amazing and one has to try it and see it to believe it.
It is in early development, hence expect instability / glitches and a sometimes confusing method of installation one has to follow by the letter in order to get it to work (I had never any installation problems as it is clearly documented but threads are full of people who somehow couldn't make it to work).

When you have tried it, you never want to go back.

Weather mods:
I prefer Peter Boese's Good Bad Weather Suite:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/

In the past this was "just" a cloud texture replacement and a pp-filter.
Now it grew into a truly elaborate complex weather system that in combination with Content Manager supports the full 24h cycle and diverse weather conditions.
Textures are of the best qualities compared to comparable mods and shaders and pp-filters aim for maximum realism and crisp sharp immersion over gaudy effects.
Full support of the 24h cycle with CM, even weathers with "rain effects" are available.

Today's Le Mans track at the chosen time and weather looked simply amazing - EXACTLY as I remember it on a Sunday morning after an early morning rain shower and dried off track.
It looked epic with the light hitting through the tree tops, slight haze over the track … it didn't help though with the total lack of practice and setup for todays event and a crash and burn.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.