AC GT2 / GT3 @ Algarve Circuit - 1h race - Sat 01.11.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After internal review, I have decided to allow the Auto Clutch feature in order not to disadvantage drivers with only two pedals.

Players should not be delibrately disadvantaged due to their equipment.

I can't tell, if this is a deffinite sign up, Nathan. Yay or Nay ? ;)

To your point: I read somewhere that one can generate a working track map, but forgotten how. The live car tracker by Fernando displays the car distances to you.

Hi Georg - most definitely yes ( i was the second post ;) ).

I think there is a way to edit an ini file to change the scale or something but not sure.
I already use the live car tracker but still like a visual of where other cars are also.

Thanks

Add me please -
As I generally run at about a 200 ping ( didn't have any issues with a past Le Mans race with nearly 30 cars ) I will exit if I am lagging .

Signing up. do I need to tell what car I want now?

Edit:
Someone said this:
The track is good an the layout is excellent, but there is a huge hole in the pit's straight and when you enter the pits to change tyres etc.. the cars restart from the boxes.

Have you checked this track thoroughly before deciding to use it? I'm just concerned if the pits are working. :)

@Georg Siebert Ok, so I've downloaded the track and spent the last 3 hours driving.
Here are my findings:
This track is unsuited for any kind of a race. Let me give you my reasons:
We plan to run a hour long race. Pit stops will be mandatory. This track can't support pit stops because of a bugged pit lane. esc+return to pits puts you at a considerable disadvantage.

There penaltie zones are extremely bugged. It's really bad. In some corners you can't apex correctly, because you will get a penalty.

There are NO trackside objects to aid break and turn in points in the 2 most critical corners. (the fast right on the hill, and the slow left on the next hill before the main straight) The slow right isn't that bad, since you do have curbs and some lines to help, however due to the geometry of the track they are near impossible to see. I'd say a 3 screen setup will have a huge advantage here, because of the visibility)
--But the biggest killer here is the turn portimao (or turn 11 on this map
1103px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_de_Algarve.svg.png
)
You come with high speeds into a breaking point on a crest. Not only do you battle severe oversteer, you have NO visual aids as to where to position yourself, leaving the driving here pure guesswork. Not good.

On a side note, the huge angles of the track, combined with huge breaking zones all across the track will in my opinion result in a complete clusterfu.ck. (think first corner of first lap)

So I'd like to ask the organizer of this race to reconsider moving the event to a different racetrack.

II hated my first 20 mins or so at this track but i then started to really enjoy it.
Its certainly challenging and yes i do agree that somemore reference points would be great but they are they if you look for them. It's not totally the norm but I'm even using the crest of a hill or engine RPM as a braking point (consistency is the key for the RPM though lol).

It's a shame that pitstops are out but Hards should have no problem lasting the entire race.

I actually think the start should be good as you have 2 fast corners before the big braking zone on lap 1 (just watch for tyre tems as always) which will hopefully avoid the monza esque pile up as those first couple of corners will give everyone a chance to sort themselves out a little.

Turn 11 is certainly one of the make or break points in the lap and there seems to be a couple of useable lines but the good thing is that your entry spped to that corner will be fairly consistent as the previous 2 corners do not allow for a massive difference in speed so once you finally get your braking point down then it should be relatively repeatable.

As i said, for me the only downside is the lack of reference points but i think it will be a thoroughly enjoyable race as there are lots of passing points and places to make up (or lose in my case) time.
If we get a full grid i think it will make for great racing throughout the field.

Of course i could be wrong and it be over at T1 :)

EDIT - and Georg - its the SLR for me please

It's a shame that pitstops are out but Hards should have no problem lasting the entire race.

Yeah. Hards might last the whole race, however I am going to race together with 2 mates, and we'll swap mid-race. So we are going to make a pitstop anyway. The bugged place seems to only be at the front of the pits, so hopefully our car wont explode. Need to conduct more testing. We could just make a drivethrough... *sigh*

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.