ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Silverstone - Saturday 18th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Because imo the weather system is broken, thunderstorms occur when they should not. Reading the official AC forums others are reporting the same, don't mind a little bit of rain like we had a Suzuka it made the race more challenging and fun. The Thunderstorms tend to ruin a race.

Well for whatever I raced hosted in many other official servers there is not such a "bug" since a very long time.

I would agree a race under thunderstorm should be suspended, but it's feasible to set up the server properly and have a much more realistic condition based on the geographic location.

We always wanted AC with wet and night and one year later we are still stuck in the same syndrome.

Maybe if we ask all paying members with a poll instead of dropping decisions from the top...

Well for whatever I raced hosted in many other official servers there is not such a "bug" since a very long time.

I would agree a race under thunderstorm should be suspended, but it's feasible to set up the server properly and have a much more realistic condition based on the geographic location.

We always wanted AC with wet and night and one year later we are still stuck in the same syndrome.

Maybe if we ask all paying members with a poll instead of dropping decisions from the top...

Appreciate your view, but until it works as expected I will be staying away from variable weather conditions. Reading other posts, people are unable to stop Thunderstorms. I don't want to do it, but feel if there is always a risk with the lowest of settings of clouds etc then this is how it will be for now.

As soon I can change it back I will, I want it to be realistic as possible.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea