ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Silverstone - Saturday 18th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Racing the Porsche is a form of art ;)
Only if you can handle it :roflmao: Otherwise it can be a nightmare :confused:

But it was funny how all cars were faster on the straights but in slow stuff, the 911 was king, especially against Bentleys and Nissans. But then came straight and puff:roflmao: Maybe next time I will go with the Merc for such track:rolleyes:

So some fights never got to be, was it due to a spin or in a few cases backmarkers.
Respect the Blue flags, dont just keep racing but make way at a logical point. 1 guy messed up a 3 way battle completly which was a darn shame.

I must admit, although most did well I did have 2 incidents where the person about to be lapped decided the best course of action was to slow down on the exit of some very fast corners where my car will still on the limit of adhesion. Needless to say it made for a few code brown moments! Having to slow down by 100mph on a corner exit is not fun...
I think it was just a case of, for them and the speed they take the corner, they would already have been moving accross to the other side of the track for the upcoming turn, but at the speed I was going I was still on an outwards trajectory, and wires just got crossed. The best thing to do would have been to keep it planted for another 5 car lengths then left me overtake into the turn, not after, but thats just the way the cards fall i guess!

By the way, does anyone have a replay of the race?

It was my second ACC race on RD, and - like the first one - it was amazing. Most time, I am in the last quarter of the field and yesterdeay was no difference. I qualified twentysomething, survived copse and as everybody folded itself into maggots, I think i touched Paul Glover from behind - sorry again mate. Next lap, some carnage unfolded in becketts, which I could avoid. Two laps later I lost my McLaren in becketts and got 15secs of damage, which put me about 0.7sec of my pace. Neverthereless - ACC is just so much fun to drive and I managed one proper overtrake. Half way through the race I pitted, lost a few seconds there and was on my way out - and lost it again, now in Maggots, probably due to cold tyres and lack of talent. Probably a bit of both :)
Towards the end of the race, the cars around position 23 or so found themselves together, only a few seconds apart and it got interesting again.
I overtook (second proper overtaking manouver) another fellow McLaren rider on the chicane after vale on the last lap and lost if nearly on village - the two guys behind smelled blood and .... collided.
So I was able to savage my position - whatever it was - without being overtaken. ... Again as the race leader was only a few seconds behind.

In this race, I was definitely better in letting the faster guys pass, without compromising anyones race - this is also a skill to be learnt....

@Paul Glover Please can you increase the postRaceSeconds? I don't think people want to hop in again immediately. Maybe something to 300 seconds or even more? I was not able to save the replay or even look at the timetable as the next session started just a few seconds after crossing the finish line.

Hi !

Thank you Hajsman and Deutch for ruin my race, check replay... I'm superb sad that your not doin racing but ping-pong.

I dont know why after all acidents I was 32 even I was overtake by only 5 or 6 cars...

Congrats to the winner !

I am sorry @Iceman_23 . I went to the inside as I was protecting myself from the car behind me as we were bottle-necking on the turn. I was not trying to pass you. I had no space left on the inside and could not slow down enough to avoid you.

I am sorry @Iceman_23 . I went to the inside as I was protecting myself from the car behind me as we were bottle-necking on the turn. I was not trying to pass you. I had no space left on the inside and could not slow down enough to avoid you.

Ok, I understand ;) From my position it was looking like you want to bump me of the track, you were not in front or even flush with me. My race at this point was ruined so... I understand your point, hope there will be no more this situations in future races. Best regards from Poland @Fernando Deutsch ! :)

Only if you can handle it :roflmao: Otherwise it can be a nightmare :confused:

But it was funny how all cars were faster on the straights but in slow stuff, the 911 was king, especially against Bentleys and Nissans. But then came straight and puff:roflmao: Maybe next time I will go with the Merc for such track:rolleyes:

haha ! @r!ver_cz Thats pretty wired, becouse Porsche has great acceleration, there were few tests about it and they said that Porsch is in top 5 ! :confused:
For hot lapping on many tracks Porsche is a true dominator but for a long stint is not for me :thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back