ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Misano - Friday 29th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Quallified 15 my best ever then gradually made up to p10 by lap 6 then came together with someone who had lost control at t6 hairpin. Facing the barrier and had to wait until the field had gone by. Car damaged held on for a few laps but was understeering. Pitted with 110 litres of fuel and ran to the end of the race. Had one schoolboy moment. I lifted on the sf straight let two go by then collected the second one at t1. I am very sorry for that. I just poorly judged the turn as i was running off line to let you guys pass. Then later had another moment when the vr blacked out. Someone came in the room and as they went out the vr blacked out. Very hot tonight.

Someone got fed up with me ignoring the blue flags after my very early pit. But they wouldnt have known i was racing them as i believed they would have to pit and a pit stop costs about 80-90s here.
Still had good pace at the end and kept the p2-p5 guys at +3-4s for a few laps. The pace is coming!!!

first lap was very impressive all side by side stuff and i didnt see one coming together. Well done all of you and thanks to Paul for organising!!

Thanks everyone, good race overall! Had a bad quali and threw the pole away in the last corner :mad:
Decided to experiment with the strategy, planned to only refuel just as much as possible and leave tyre change so I started with max fuel. Lost a few positions at the start and tried to find my rythm which worked for a while. Then I let myself get involved in some position fights and ultimately got a little punt from behind but luckily didn't loose all too much. Tried to be nice to the tyres but had too low tyre pressures right from the start so they did not feel too good at the end. Hard fight but fair with @Sean Moriarty on the last lap really struggeling to keep a straight line. Thanks mate! Happy with P4 today though strategy was rather a fail.
Thanks too all backmarkers, no issues at all for me, everyone behaved very well!
Also thanks to @Paul Glover for organizing!

That race was pretty epic from my point of view.
Had good start, gained some positions and in lap 3 or 4 i got divebombed (by the guy with the high ping; man that's anoying and hard to estimate where you are) but could avoid contact just for the next guys who also divebombed and who punted me. This and a DT penalty where the only bad things.
I had a lot of epic battles for a couple of laps. And more important, those battles where really really fair.

Thanks to evryone involved in battles with the dark green Bentley. That was a lot of fun.

Had a nightmare quali in the Porsche, just didn't feel right this morning through the wheel. Switched to the Little Lamb and felt much better.
Didn't manage to get round in time for a quali lap so started 31st
1st lap the door was left open by a F488, forgotten who it was but the door was shut and I ended up tagging as had no where to go. No issue, I waited and let everyone pass. Back on it and from 31st I was making up places. Half an hour in I was in 16th and trying to catch Mr. Glover in 15th. We were catching another bunch of cars too, i was settling in to what looked like pure racing gold and then.... lost connection...
I really need to find the issue as it doesn't happen online with rF2 and I was racing in that race for 2 hours. Did a ping test and over 2000 times not a single packet lost on my 1Gigabit connection...
I tried an ACC race at Brands on a random public server, 10 mins quali and 20 mins race, no issues. Will see what Kunos say if I can provide them with some logs etc.

Hope you all had a good race.

That race was pretty epic from my point of view.
Had good start, gained some positions and in lap 3 or 4 i got divebombed (by the guy with the high ping; man that's anoying and hard to estimate where you are) but could avoid contact just for the next guys who also divebombed and who punted me. This and a DT penalty where the only bad things.
I had a lot of epic battles for a couple of laps. And more important, those battles where really really fair.

Thanks to evryone involved in battles with the dark green Bentley. That was a lot of fun.
Hi Dave so sorry about the ping I will work on getting it sorted. Such a good race sorry about the aftermath of the pass into the tight left hander.

Thanks everyone, good race overall! Had a bad quali and threw the pole away in the last corner :mad:
Decided to experiment with the strategy, planned to only refuel just as much as possible and leave tyre change so I started with max fuel. Lost a few positions at the start and tried to find my rythm which worked for a while. Then I let myself get involved in some position fights and ultimately got a little punt from behind but luckily didn't loose all too much. Tried to be nice to the tyres but had too low tyre pressures right from the start so they did not feel too good at the end. Hard fight but fair with @Sean Moriarty on the last lap really struggeling to keep a straight line. Thanks mate! Happy with P4 today though strategy was rather a fail.
Thanks too all backmarkers, no issues at all for me, everyone behaved very well!
Also thanks to @Paul Glover for organizing!
Yeah, those last 10 laps or so were pretty stressful, I saw the gap coming down and we had some lapped traffic to get past. I knew it was going to come down to the final lap, so I was pushing like crazy even with a not great balance to catch you. Definitely was hard but fair. Turn 3-4-5 I could have been more aggressive and slid it down the inside on the double right but didn't want to risk us spinning at that point. Was very close, thanks for the good battle!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back