ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Misano - Friday 29th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Had a nightmare quali in the Porsche, just didn't feel right this morning through the wheel. Switched to the Little Lamb and felt much better.
Didn't manage to get round in time for a quali lap so started 31st
1st lap the door was left open by a F488, forgotten who it was but the door was shut and I ended up tagging as had no where to go. No issue, I waited and let everyone pass. Back on it and from 31st I was making up places. Half an hour in I was in 16th and trying to catch Mr. Glover in 15th. We were catching another bunch of cars too, i was settling in to what looked like pure racing gold and then.... lost connection...
I really need to find the issue as it doesn't happen online with rF2 and I was racing in that race for 2 hours. Did a ping test and over 2000 times not a single packet lost on my 1Gigabit connection...
I tried an ACC race at Brands on a random public server, 10 mins quali and 20 mins race, no issues. Will see what Kunos say if I can provide them with some logs etc.

Hope you all had a good race.

Hi, that was me didn't know you were there as I didn't get any warning on the team radio thing,
I wouldn't have shut the door otherwise :( thank you for waiting, wouldn't have been annoyed if you carried on tho was just a racing incident, hope you still had a good race until it disconnected.

Hi Dave so sorry about the ping I will work on getting it sorted. Such a good race sorry about the aftermath of the pass into the tight left hander.
Don’t worry mate. It was always pretty surprising how fast you came closer and closer and closer. I’m not sure if I should have stepped aside or not. Maybe you can fix your connection for the next time.
From my point of view this battle could have get epic too.

Just outside the Top 10 for me, hadn't put much practice into this one, good clean racing with Umas(?) at the beginning until what seems to be an error on his part as i got taken out by the arse end of his Audi after what im guessing was a snap oversteer incident just before 'Curva del Carro', I had light damage however I decided to stay out until i needed to pit for fuel/tyres. After I pitted I came back out just behind @Michael Rudolf who had just inherited 1st place and seemed to be going for a 1 stop strategy, which was playing havoc for me as i was quicker on the turns with the fresh tyres but couldn't pull away when i got passed due to errors and the blue flag fear* and decided to stay behind with @Paul Glover catching me and Skye in the Porsche slipping away, luckily Michael pitted and i was able to keep people at bay but that 10th place was a little to much to ask by the end.

As always, great racing, thanks RD.

*Can you receive a penalty for ignoring blue flags?

Hi, that was me didn't know you were there as I didn't get any warning on the team radio thing,
I wouldn't have shut the door otherwise :( thank you for waiting, wouldn't have been annoyed if you carried on tho was just a racing incident, hope you still had a good race until it disconnected.
Yeah, I thought you didn't, you went a little wide and I thought I could send it, but then the door closed.
It's ok, racing incident like you say and thank you for being a good sport about it.
At the end of the day, it's a club race and is supposed to be fun so waiting for someone to make sure they have a good race and don't feel bad about a racing incident/failed overtake etc., is definitely the order of the day.
Had a great race as was trying, with varying success to keep up with Paul, and also we were reeling in some of the other drivers so was fun.
Just a shame abhou

Just outside the Top 10 for me, hadn't put much practice into this one, good clean racing with Umas(?) at the beginning until what seems to be an error on his part as i got taken out by the arse end of his Audi after what im guessing was a snap oversteer incident just before 'Curva del Carro', I had light damage however I decided to stay out until i needed to pit for fuel/tyres. After I pitted I came back out just behind @Michael Rudolf who had just inherited 1st place and seemed to be going for a 1 stop strategy, which was playing havoc for me as i was quicker on the turns with the fresh tyres but couldn't pull away when i got passed due to errors and the blue flag fear* and decided to stay behind with @Paul Glover catching me and Skye in the Porsche slipping away, luckily Michael pitted and i was able to keep people at bay but that 10th place was a little to much to ask by the end.

As always, great racing, thanks RD.

*Can you receive a penalty for ignoring blue flags?
Yea that was unlucky timing, I felt kinda bad for you. Since I was not switching tyres and just planned a quick refuel I tried to save them as much as possible and could not push too hard so I couldn't really get away. Decided at some point when you were close enough to let you unlap but you had a few errors immediately and I didn't want to risk loosing time so went ahead again.
You can't get penalties for ignoring blue flags but some people might get rather irritated with you ;) Thanks for respecting it anyway!Just very unlucky timing.

Here you go, hope it worked
Hi Michael
Here you go, hope it worked
Thanks very much Michael. I’m downloading now. Been v busy today.

I had a great race.

I have liked Misano since the first time I drove it. I believe is a great track with not so easy to understand certain turns, which require a not so common racing lines. Anyway, had a decent qualy session followed by a good start gaining one position. I struggled a bit to get in pace at the first part of the stint, but later on I just keep improving it. That is probably due to how I setup the car and driving style. I was able to pass 2nd place on track and first place by an undercut. At the later part of the race I had a great battle with first place. Traffic was very challenging but I believe fair for both. At the end we were nose to tail up to the finish line.

Looking forward to more RD races.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing