ACC GT World Challenge @ Bathurst - Thursday June 18, 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
How long does it take to get accepted to the beta for simracing.gp ? Bit frustrating that almost two thirds of all the RD races are now inaccessible.

Honda Bathurst.jpg

Thanks all for the race....though I hardly saw another competitor during the event. I spent most of the time in a confused state :confused: (of my own doing I think).

I'm new(ish) to RD.
I'm new to the simracing.gp system (although for me it's working really well...great work).
I'm new to the ACC online process.
As a result of this, I got my timings hopelessly out of sync, and spent the race thinking I was maybe in the wrong server :unsure: :). There were far more names on the registration.

I joined the server (I thought during practice), but it must have been right at the end of Qually. I had a couple of things to sort after joining the server, and when I returned to my Race PC, the race had started. Luckily, I was still able to start from the pits albeit, some way behind! :O_o:.

Ended up in P6, and last of the finishers, due to losing almost 1 lap from my late start. I did get up to P5, but a lengthy pit-stop late in the race after a clash with the wall saw me move back to P6.

I see the result is up already on the new system (great stuff!), and looking at my best lap, I wasn't too far off the leader pace.

I'm calling this one a practice run, and have registered for tomorrows event. I need to learn from the lessons of today!

Last edited:
How long does it take to get accepted to the beta for simracing.gp ? Bit frustrating that almost two thirds of all the RD races are now inaccessible.
Not that long actually. Just read the instructions on the post rather than on simracing.gp and you will be good to go (usually within 24 hours)

That was one heck of a race for me. Pace to finish in top 5, but not much higher - you top people are far too good for me to touch.

Got to 3rd because of some unfortunate incidents from those at the front...but then lost the tyres about half way through the race. Had to back off after a few close calls and lost about 3s a lap. Sure it is setup issues as the rears show overheating .

No matter, I was still on to finish a happy 4th on pace, only to snap oversteer, then understeer onto a kerb, air born into the wall!! End of race with 2 laps to go. 5th on count back. sigh.

Epic fun though.

Not that long actually. Just read the instructions on the post rather than on simracing.gp and you will be good to go (usually within 24 hours)
Thanks, I registered Monday morning and received an email and clicked on confirm account but nothing since then.

Thanks, I registered Monday morning and received an email and clicked on confirm account but nothing since then.
Make sure you join the racedepartment organisation in the platform. The link itself doesn't grant you that immediately. If it doesn't work, pm me your mail and I'll reinvite you to the organisation

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back