GT Sport GT Sport | Build 1.60 Is Here With A Few Minor Fixes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A small 325mb update has been released for GT Sport - clearing up a few outstanding issues within the PlayStation 4 exclusive racing title.

The new patch update comes hot off the back of a recent more sizeable release from Polyphony Digital, and as such much of the attention in this latest build is around tidying up a few of those loose ends that often appear following a major build release.

I have to admit, I love the gloriously vague 'various other issues have also been addressed' line at the very end - that's an impressive way to basically say you can't be bothered to list everything that's been resolved! Awesome.

For my next article: Stuff happens in sim racing, was an interesting experience. The end.

Classic.

Update Notes

Sport Mode & Lobby:

• The level of deflection between cars making contact in a race has been reduced. The deflection amount between cars in Lobby races remains unchanged.
Other Improvements and Adjustments:
  • We addressed an issue in the Livery Editor with the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept where the race number on the bonnet appeared distorted.
  • We repaired an issue with the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept where the engine sound changed when applying the car settings or Balance of Performance (BOP) in Regulation Settings on an oval track.
  • Various other issues have also been addressed.

GT Sport is available exclusively on Sony PlayStation 4.

Want to know the secrets to getting the most from GT Sport? No worries, fire up a new thread and ask our community in the GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

GT Sport Header.jpg

Last edited:
I learned about sim racing two or three years ago and I got the impression that GT Sport was the most generous sim to give free content and free updates among them all. Now it's not updated as usual.

I am asking the guys who have longer experience:

Was the load of updates anomaly? or is it usually some years of life cycle for Gran Tourismo (and maybe every sim?), then they move on to the next version.

I have to admit, I love the gloriously vague 'various other issues have also been addressed' line at the very end - that's an impressive way to basically say you can't be bothered to list everything that's been resolved! Awesome.
That's Yamauchi and his "passionate development team" for you.

I learned about sim racing two or three years ago and I got the impression that GT Sport was the most generous sim to give free content and free updates among them all. Now it's not updated as usual.

I am asking the guys who have longer experience:

Was the load of updates anomaly? or is it usually some years of life cycle for Gran Tourismo (and maybe every sim?), then they move on to the next version.

Because they have heaps of money and loads of old assets that can quickly be updated. Forza had been doing that too because they are backed by Microsoft.

Try that with a small studio, they will fold eventually.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000