AC GT (Rolling Start) Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP - Sunday 24th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the reply @RasmusP . I had it at 540 since I've only been racing GT3 lately. I will set it back to 900 now. I feel that even 900 is too low sometimes. I want a 1080 wheel. Sometimes even small inputs create large movements and the car is unsteady. Sometimes i use the speed sensitivity to help (but it only really works with some cars.)

The controls are really bonkers. 1% SS for some cars means you have to turn the wheel sooooooo much to get it to turn at all. For other cars it's just right. Anyway I'm hoping one day if I can get a new wheel the improved control will help me to grow more. Thanks for the information again.

My settings atm:
Settings look good! But why do you have 70% maxed out throttle? You lose quite a lot of control when you have 100% input from 70% pedal position.
And Gamma 2.00 for the brake pedals means you get control for the first 50% of brake input but the upper 50% are really steep so cars without ABS are probably almost impossible to nicely brake.

A 1080 wheel isn't that much of a difference. You have to see:
540° to 900° = 67% more range.
900° to 1080° = 20% more range.

If the car is too unsteady with the wheel set to 900°, the car is unsteady in reality too! Now the question is if reality is nice to drive for you haha.
You can set the degrees in AC to less than 900° to lower the sensitivity. When you set it to 450° while the Logitech software is set to 900°, you will have to turn your logitech wheel 2x as much.

If you keep AC to 900° and set your Logitech software to 450°, the virtual car will turn 2x as much as your real wheel.

If you are annoyed by the not synced virtual wheel, you can overwrite the visual wheel somewhere. I think it's in "View & UI" and then "steering wheel limit: xyz".
Set that value to what you've set in the Logitech software.

If you want to change the steering ratio to make the car drive better for yourself, do it this way with the degrees and the visual steering wheel limit.
NOT with anything else.

It's important that the wheel stays LINEAR. The gamepad settings like gamma or speed sensitivity will make the steering NOT LINEAR, which isn't processable by our human brains when using a wheel :D

Settings look good! But why do you have 70% maxed out throttle? You lose quite a lot of control when you have 100% input from 70% pedal position.
And Gamma 2.00 for the brake pedals means you get control for the first 50% of brake input but the upper 50% are really steep so cars without ABS are probably almost impossible to nicely brake.
Hey buddy. Ok for this.. my throttle pot is a mess, and I don't get full throttle if I don't lower the upper extreme. Even at 70% it sometimes jumps a little. This is why I've brought some up from the bottom. I get a bit more range. Old pedals, bound to fail some day. As for the brake pedal, I found it too strong too early, but maybe I should lower it to have a stronger braking with ABS? I'll have to play around with that, because you're right about the gamma.
A 1080 wheel isn't that much of a difference. You have to see:
540° to 900° = 67% more range.
900° to 1080° = 20% more range.
I didn't always use 540. I used 900 for a very long time, and again, when only driving the GT3 cars, they're virtually limted to 540 anyhow. 20% more range is a lot.
If the car is too unsteady with the wheel set to 900°, the car is unsteady in reality too! Now the question is if reality is nice to drive for you haha.
You can set the degrees in AC to less than 900° to lower the sensitivity. When you set it to 450° while the Logitech software is set to 900°, you will have to turn your logitech wheel 2x as much.
Somehow I'm not sure about this first part. I feel like more input would be required to make a car move so much at high speed. I have no issues in real life driving. Fine controls are always much better in a real car.
I didn't know about that second part, but maybe that's what I need to do. I didn't realise it works that way. This is why it's so important to have this information. If I can increase the range of motion to be less sensitive it will be much easier to race!
If you are annoyed by the not synced virtual wheel, you can overwrite the visual wheel somewhere. I think it's in "View & UI" and then "steering wheel limit: xyz".
Set that value to what you've set in the Logitech software.
I disable the in-game wheel. It's distracting most of the time. I only use it when the LCD is on the wheel normally.
You're right about linearity. I am always trying to get the right balance, and those other effects don't work. I'll need to try with the wheel settings that you've described.

I have no issues in real life driving.
Hehe yeah I meant it would be the same in reality with the car from assetto corsa in real life.
Like if some crazy F1 car from the 70's is too unsteady for you, it would be unsteady in reality too.
Apart from all of us probably not even going at half the speed of how we drive these crazy cars in assetto corsa :D

Hehe yeah I meant it would be the same in reality with the car from assetto corsa in real life.
Like if some crazy F1 car from the 70's is too unsteady for you, it would be unsteady in reality too.
Apart from all of us probably not even going at half the speed of how we drive these crazy cars in assetto corsa :D
So far seems to be better. I've only driven 2 cars since the post. At least now I know how to change the steering ratio without affecting the linearity.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%