GT Power Pack for SimBin's RACE Series

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Simbin just announced yet another expansion pack to their popular RACE Series. For E4.99 all owners of RACE 07 and/or expansions can download a brand new GT Power Pack on Steam on April 19, 2011

The GT Power Pack is designed for those gamers who can’t get enough horsepower under their right foot.

Three high profile exotic GT sportscars are ready to hammer around new tracks from both sides of the old iron curtain. Also two completely new and exciting race tracks will make their debut in the “GT Power Pack”: “Mid-Ohio” and “Chayka”. “Mid Ohio” is often named as “the best road course” in the USA whereas “Chayka” is the first track out of the former Soviet Union to make it to a SimBin title.

Key features:

• Three of the coolest super cars currently prowling racetracks around the world;
    • Pagani Zonda R
    • BMW M3 GT2
    • Matech GT 1
  • Two new and exiting real race tracks tracks, both recreated in minute details, providing the scene for spectacular racing action:
    • Mid-Ohio
    • Chayka
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 players online or using AI.
  • Ghost racing against own or others lap times.
  • True racing regulations; as real as you want it to be.
GT-Power-Expansion-Logo.jpg
power3.jpg
power1.jpg
power2.jpg

Loving the Ford GT but none of the SimBin setups use 6th gear, any idea why? Also liking the Zonda GTPro. As for the other content not liking it too much.

Mid-Ohio is a tough track for me, braking markers are hard to decipher and I suck with elevation changes.

Chayka works offline for me, haven't given it a good try yet but the two servers I've joined online seem broken, safety car just warps around blocking me from exiting the pits.

Zonda R feels completely off to me, braking blows, plows and understeers like crazy, suspension is way too stiff and pops the rear end off the ground making it more frustrating than enjoyable to drive.

BMW feels similar to Zonda, plows a little too much to my liking, I'm not good with setups so not really sure what to change to make it drive the way I want, also feels like the cockpit view is too bright.

Have a look in the setup section here Glen. The BMW can easily be changed from an understeered to an oversteered car with a few tweaks.

All simbin default setups use too little rear suspension. On the BMW raise it to around 200. Lower the antirollbars on the front and increase them on the rear.

That should change the handling significantly.

What a huge difference between "old" GT Sports Class M3 GTR and the "new" GT Power Pack M3 GT2! FFB, Tires, Suspension, Brakes, Sounds... It is my favorite Simbin car now!:) I can´t wait for the GTR3 title coming...

can someone help me with this please - i baught gt power from raceroom on saturday and when i look to go get some practise for wednesdays event i cant join the server because the class is 'unknown' and i have already cleared out my teams folder and it stays the same - if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

another big fan here, the new cars are stunning :) Well worth the few quid.

wasnt so impressed with the addon tracks though. Virtua LM do a far better 'real' looking version of Mid-Ohio, this one looks like a cartoon! Odd considering Simbin did such a great version of the Nordschleife.

To Bram and Gunther, was surprised at your comment about the default bmw setups being too soft. When you check them in Motec they are always shown as too stiff ! Does motec not give the correct readout for GTREvo ? Anyone know if there is a dedicated motec worksheet for using with GTRevo?

I haven't posted on here for ages, haven't done much sim racing lately except for GT5, but curiosity got the better of me so I added yet another pack to my Race07 install. I really like the M3 GT2. The Zonda R is also fun, but hard work for my rusty skills :)

I did a couple of laps around Mid Ohio and immediately wiped the Virtua_LM version. I like Simbin's colour palette and the Simbin model is clearly more accurate. Chayka is pretty much pointless though, didn't like the model in Volvo the Game, don't like it in Race07 either.

Since I upgraded to a Geforce GTX460 I'd had great difficulty getting decent AA/AF within Race07, because the driver sets were no longer supported by NHancer and the standard drivers refuse to actually work with the Race07 profile. It really was getting in the way of me enjoying the game. Thankfully NVidia Inspector has filled the void and the new M3 GT2 looks stunning in 32x CSAA, 16x AF.

To Bram and Gunther, was surprised at your comment about the default bmw setups being too soft. When you check them in Motec they are always shown as too stiff ! Does motec not give the correct readout for GTREvo ? Anyone know if there is a dedicated motec worksheet for using with GTRevo?

What i know about Brams setups, he likes very stiff suspensions and somehow makes them work. I've made custom sheets for GT and open wheelers in MoTec and i agree; it alway shows that it is too stiff but i still get better results with softer setup. I could be completely wrong as i never really understood the suspension histogram but numbers don't lie; if i get consistently faster around a lap and there's no excess tire degredation, it's a good setup for me.. Setup is so dependant on the personal driving style unless there is some physical limits that are exceeded, ie. bottoming out, rear wheel off the ground etc.

I never use motec stuff really. For me a car feels good or it doesn't. When the latter I make changes to the setup so its suits my driving style. There is no program or sheet that can change that for me :)

Hmm. Tried using Motec and looking at the ride height graphs I used totally wrong ride height settings, rake was too low, I had my rear go lower than the front at many places... now corrected that one, definitely better;) The only thing I need to understand now is: what should I see on the suspension graphs when it's set up right?

I use MoTec only in a a beginning of the league wth a new car to find differential settings, brake balance/pressure and to get the best rev range for gear shifts but never to tune suspension.. The feeling of it is much more important than graphs, which i don't fully understand..

I know that susp histogram should be a bell curve, that's about it

Edit: Here's my custom maths, good for differentials: http://Cream.Galleria.fi/SRS/Misc/Formula Masters Telemetry.zip

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back