AC GT Multiclass @ Vallelunga - Sunday 7th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 7th of November we're heading to the home of Assetto Corsa, join us for some GT multiclass action at Vallelunga!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Don't know the track, need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Audi TT cup car multi-class on the preceding Wednesday at the same track. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Vallelunga%2005.7cd20f8b5fa359570176a4c98dac0f50.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Kunos DLC is required for this event

GT3
GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Vallelunga, Rome
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• General guide too multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (a car in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for GT3 and GT4 classes. First 10 minutes for GT3, second 10 minutes for GT4. GT4 cars must not exit the pits before 10 minutes have elapsed. GT3 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recomended for all club races, in particular multiclass events.

Sorry I will miss the race this weekend. Off to a "football" match between the Vancouver Whitecaps and the Seattle Sounders!

Last regular game of the year, Vancouver is peaking late in the season and Seattle sits at the top of the table.

Should be good crowd as we have recently openned up to full capacity although vaccine proof is required to attend.

See you all next week.

Last edited:
Strange, I search for 'racedepartment'

I've sent you the IP.

What are you searching?
Can you see the other 2 practice servers?
Maybe try searching with the normal AC game, not CM.

Sorry I will miss the race this weekend. Off to a "football" match between the Vancouver Whitecaps and the Seattle Sounders!

Last regular game of the year, Vancouver is peaking late in the season and Seattle sits at the top of the table.

Should be good crowd as we have recently openned up to full capacity although vaccine proof is required to attend.

See you all next week.
Good morning Partick not to many drivers on the west coast powell river for me see you next week on the track
Gary

You guys have been doing this for ages and myself for few months... But nothing more fun than a regular start... Even though I was hit by somebody after T2, it's more fun than the rolling (just my 2 cents).

Overall very poor racing from myself, wasn't much focused and although didn't make anything stupid, neither great laps, not even consistent they were. To the extent of in the last laps I was actually enjoying the scenery of the track in the VR... lol.

Thank you and see you all next Sunday.

Fabiano.

PS: my average ping was less then 40 the whole time. Any issues?

Great race as always, everyone! :)

Pretty uneventful at the back. I just did not have any pace today.

@HF2000 no anger or frustration :thumbsup:. It seems my mic was not operating correctly. I wanted you to go ahead as you had the faster pace...sorry for holding you up longer than needed. Cheers for waiting. :D

@Chris Down and @Kek700 You're welcome! No worries about being close, Chris, apologies for jinking it to the right.

Congrats to the podiums and thanks for organizing @Interslice

See you all at Monza for Race 2 of the Championship! :cool:

Great race everyone! Really intense stuff in the first stint trying to keep @pattikins behind who was running the softs and me with 94l of fuel and mediums. Managed to block him for 20 minutes until he dived in the pits, I assume realising the softs weren't going to last half race distance, because he came out again on the mediums. After that I was able to increase the gap a little and rode it home to victory.

I said a long time ago even with ~40000km driven in the 650s, I still learn new things all the time, and this event was a good example of that. I learned a lot about how to get the 650s to more reliably bite into the sharp hairpins, since this track has so many of them, which was really satisfying. To have top consistency in a race where there's GT4 cars to be careful passing makes me even more happy with the result.

All in all, a very consistent race for me, very happy with the result and looking forward to next time. Thanks a lot for organising @Interslice and @HF2000!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211107-Xc1

VR onboard:

Last edited:
First podium finish for me at RD! Had a nice setup that could do steady 1:36 with some 1:35's thrown in every now and then, had a good qualification though the GT3 grid was lacking so I got lucky.

My start went terrible, thus the McLaren's speeded off into the distance to have a fight of their own! The first 20 minutes were just lapping and keeping pace until I started hitting the GT4 grid. Overtaking definitely was a challenge but fun!

Mostly tried to learn a bit about the car, change driving technique's and see what happens. I've also noticed that I drive a lot better with the HUD off, I tend to start running calculations and focus too much on the delta-time when it is on and then make mistakes. Good practice too for the Petit Le Mans that RaceDepartment is hosting soon!(you all have signed up, right? ;) ).

So even though I didn't have to fight or defend for 3rd I suppose it definitely was deserved. Just got lucky overall!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.