AC Group C @ Road America - Weds 19th Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My heart just was not in it tonight, this car does not suffer lack of concentration with out punishing you for it. I was much quicker overall on softs, spupidly went for medium on the second stint. Many thanks for John and Denis for the organisation.
:thumbsup:

I was looking forward to taking with all of my Time Bandit friends today, but the meds are saying no way dude!!! Have a great race everyone. This combo is such a blast. The track is big enough to allow side by side action in so many corners and the three, well 2 straights plus one with a BIG kink in it, offer so many options for overtakes, out braking, over under moves it's really special. The cars, Satan's Spawn C9 spitting flames going Mach 3, the rice rocket Mad Mazda and it's screaming banshee wail and the good old sauerkraut ST and LT just going about business as usual......good all around. These cars may very well be my favorite cars in AC.

@Medilloni thank you again for stepping up to help out with things. Since we're all a little bonkers, it's nice to have a place where the crazies can meet and get a little group therapy :D Of course, before I leave another long wind bagged post of mine, I have to wish you a very happy birthday and hope you have many more and may time slow your butt down so I can race with you:roflmao:

I went all out for your birthday, bought a very special suit to pay homage to you and had local southern redneck light a match in his moonshine making house:confused: Don't worry, he's ok. Instead of a match he used Shineulative cocktail that he threw from his outhouse:D
So great to see you here again my friend, and thanks for the birthday wishes, though I'm struggling with the southern redneck, moonshine, and lighting of gaseous expulsion.... I actually believe you, and, possibly, that it was you :p :laugh:

Bobby, if you (or any of you guys!) want the replay give me a shout, the last race between @pattikins @Ronnie Böhme @Aksu @Reik Major is proper entertainment, fantastic watching all of you:thumbsup:

Thanks to all that turned up tonight, and huge thanks to @Denis Betty for doing all stuff that's well over my simple head at the mo.:)

Congrats to the podium guys, and huge thanks to all for turning up

Last edited:
My heart just was not in it tonight, this car does not suffer lack of concentration with out punishing you for it. I was much quicker overall on softs, spupidly went for medium on the second stint. Many thanks for John and Denis for the organisation.
Same here Ernie, I was knackered and as you say, these cars demand your full attention - will try and think of something more user friendly for next Weds :)

Sorry I didn't show up. Some unexpected private matters came up. Hope you all had a good racel. Seeing your comments about the car handling it might have been a disaster for me without any practice

BTW: I don't see a race on Sunday. Maybe an easy one, like MX5 Cup on any track?

So great to see you here again my friend, and thanks for the birthday wishes, though I'm struggling with the southern redneck, moonshine, and lighting of gaseous expulsion.... I actually believe you, and, possibly, that it was you :p :laugh:

Bobby, if you (or any of you guys!) want the replay give me a shout, the last race between @pattikins @Ronnie Böhme @Aksu @Reik Major is proper entertainment, fantastic watching all of you:thumbsup:

Thanks to all that turned up tonight, and huge thanks to @Denis Betty for doing all stuff that's well over my simple head at the mo.:)

Congrats to the podium guys, and huge thanks to all for turning up

I'd like to watch the replays please John.

The qualifying times were a bit crazy. The first four were quicker than the pole position in the last Group C race @ RD (full grid) & fifth was quicker than the 2nd position on the previous grid. :cautious: Ronnie's time was just bonkers.:confused:

Both races were enjoyable. I didn't make any major mistakes, bar a few clutch issues, nor get involved in any incidents - unlike my last race @ Road America with the Porsche ST. The only negative was my PC stuttering, which proved costly in the second race. Weirdly enough I didn't experience any stutter @ the start of both races when I would assume my system would be under its' greatest stress.

I do love this combo. Thanks for putting on the race John & Denis.

I'd completely forgot that it was possible to race the on softs, until it was mentioned in teamspeak after the race, that it was doable so long as the driver took it easy on the long right turn. It all came flooding back and I was kicking myself because I'd gone for a setup with more grip. :mad: :cry:

Last edited:
I'd completely forgot that it was possible to the race on softs, until it was mentioned in teamspeak after the race, that it was doable so long as the driver took it easy on the long right turn. It all came flooding back and I was kicking myself because I'd gone for a setup with more grip. :mad: :cry:
:D:D
At qualy I was 0,5 sec behind my best what I drove earlier yesterday :thumbsdown:
But thought everyone else would drive race on mediums so no worries ;) But yeah... it is possible to drive that 25 mins with softs.. BUT. If you spin even one time with those your left rear could be toasted :/ even little sideway action on that long right and I saw tyre percent dropping 2-10 units.
They were so much quicker than mediums that I could take couple of corners easier to save tyres.

Sorry I didn't show up. Some unexpected private matters came up. Hope you all had a good racel. Seeing your comments about the car handling it might have been a disaster for me without any practice

BTW: I don't see a race on Sunday. Maybe an easy one, like MX5 Cup on any track?
MX5 @ Fonteny?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back