Graphic&Shaders wip

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!
It's anywhere near production ready but to involve more people I released the Playground mod.
Marketing pictures are great but there are numerous glitches and bugs.
@holacrosty already did something similar for GTR2 and anyone else with more experience or just willing to help more than welcomed. :)

1-Race_07-default.jpg

Race_07/Evo default look

2-Race_07-default-with-reflections-mod.jpg

Race_07/Evo with Reflections Mod. Thanks @GTR233 :)

3-Race_07-with-SRPL_25-clean-without-DX9-and-DX8.jpg

Race_07/Evo with Reflections Mod and forced calls to SRPL_25 shaders in DIFFUSE.GFX, BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX

4-Race_07-blinndiffuse-custom-shader-with-DX7-and-DX8-calls-in-gfx.jpg

The ugly - Race_07/Evo with Reflections Mod and Custom BlinnDiffuse shader for DIFFUSE.GFX (BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX with SRPL_25 shaders)

5-Race_07-with-blinndiffuse-custom-shader-clean-and-reflections-mod.jpg

Some custom mashup blinndiffuse shader. Race_07/Evo with Reflections Mod and Custom BlinnDiffuse shader for DIFFUSE.GFX (BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX with SRPL_25 shaders and all cleaned from calls to DX7 & DX8 shaders)

Pictures from @AndreasFSC Super Touring mod.
This mod includes previous @Bjarne Hansen work on Fresnel and DX9 shaders for Race 07.
Additional Reflection Mod - Thanks @GTR233 for cubemaps from marvellous GTR2 Anniversary patch. (Please don’t use those emap textures in other mods without permission)

Last edited:
Is there Are way to enable shadows on cockpit without deleting windshield?

I tried ShadowReceicer=true for cockpits gmt in cas file but it doesn’t go trough window.
Remove "World=Near" from all objects in cockpit you want to have shadows on.
World=Near: Creates a secondary depth buffer from cockpit cam to wind screen so the shadow calculations does not get applied to the cockpits.
For me it is a good idea to remove completely as I see no positive effects of it.?

Am also in the process of going over all the 07 tracks.
Been going on a long time but still find small stuff to correct.

Remove "World=Near" from all objects in cockpit you want to have shadows on.
World=Near: Creates a secondary depth buffer from cockpit cam to wind screen so the shadow calculations does not get applied to the cockpits.
For me it is a good idea to remove completely as I see no positive effects of it.?

Am also in the process of going over all the 07 tracks.
Been going on a long time but still find small stuff to correct.
Exactly what I needed!
Thanks

Race-07-cockpit-shadows-1.jpg

Race-07-cockpit-shadows-2.jpg

Race-07-cockpit-shadows-3.jpg

So this simple code does the trick if anyone encounter this thread.
Adding "ShadowReceiver=True" and deleting ""World=Near"" in rALFA_ROMEO_75.cas

Code:
//-----------------FIRST PERSON COCKPIT--------------------

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  Instance=COCKPIT
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  {
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=ALFA_ROMEO_75_INTERIOR.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0)
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=ALFA_ROMEO_75_DRIVER_NUMBERPLATE.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.00)
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=ALFA_ROMEO_75_MIRRORS.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.00)
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=SPEEDO.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(10.00)

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  }

//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  Instance=MOTEC
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  {
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    Moveable=True
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=ALFA_ROMEO_75_MOTEC.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(5.0)
//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  }

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  Instance=WHEEL
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  {
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>    MeshFile=ALFA_ROMEO_75_INTERIOR_STEERINGWHEEL.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.00)
<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH>  }

So much more immersive driving trough BH forrest.

Race-07-cockpit-shadows-Trees-1.jpg

Race-07-cockpit-shadows-Trees-2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back