Grand Prix Evolution for Automobilista

Cars Grand Prix Evolution for Automobilista 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Was super interested until it's just a tribute to the geoff grammond games :(
Could you maybe make a pack with higher resolution textures so it's not too hard on the eyes? thanks.
Thats sort of the point though. The physics represent the version of the game as well.
Isn't there a 98 mod out there or was it 96?

Thats sort of the point though. The physics represent the version of the game as well.
Isn't there a 98 mod out there or was it 96?
I ended up finding a collection on steam with a crap ton of f1 mods from different seasons all the way to the 60's it's essentially this massive spreadsheet of google drive links they are mainly conversions from rfactor i'll pm you the link to prevent cluttering your mod page but yeah with these automobilista is now geoff grammond grandprix remastered :roflmao: but i do get that you wanted to mainly to capture the feel of the original games with your mod and i respect that! I remember attempting to do something similar but with the rome total war 2 game I wanted to recreate the feel of the combat of the original rome total war but warscape is such a convoluted engine and the total war community being what they are (aka toxic and less than helpful) i ended not completing it so props to you for essentially doing what i could not with one of my favourite games.

update oof just realised the guy who created was a different account lmao ah well

i cant brain today :S

Last edited:
Such a great mod, so many thanks for it!
If I could only suggest 2 small improvements for it if I may?
1) For the 1994 cars, could you slightly modify the corners of the wheels, to be more rounded?
2) If you think this may be doable. Not original to GP2, but it broke the immersion at that time. A movable steering wheel? (same design, just a rotating one?) A thousand thanks, and keep up the good work :)

Whills updated GRAND PRIX Evolution for Automobilista with a new update entry:

v1.1 Essential updtae: Full 3D cockpits, graphical improvements & more!

This update brings full 3D cockpits for GP94 and GP91 cars, it is now possible to race these car in VR mode. New tire meshes are also made for both classes. Lots of debris will be generate when car crash into each other, making it look more like original Grand Prix games. There are also plenty of fixes and improvements.

Lots of things still need to be improved, I will include them in the next update (real driver names etc).

Thanks for all your kind suggestions to make this mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi!

The rear left is bottoming out on all cars and all seasons.

Would you mind fixing it?

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Great job . If could put the time Tv times with Tag sponsor is great. Another suggestion it's is Indycar Racing from Papyrus game is nice car mod to put in Autobilista

Attachments

• IndyCar_Racing_Coverart.png
    IndyCar_Racing_Coverart.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Suddenly got an idea ... I tried to set an art of rally style chase camera as one of the onboard cameras, the result seem to be really nice. It feels like a completely new game.

This is a great mod. Thanks a lot for the quality of your work.

If I have a suggestion, it would be to add performance difference between cars within a same car set. Talent files alone won't do. It would add to the immersion. Quite some work I imagine but it would be great.

In any case, kudos to you for the physics, I think you got to a great compromise.

Hi folks, does anybody here have the contact of the guys who made this awesome job? I'm trying to find them through Facebook but If someone here know them, please share with me because I wanted to talk to them so much. Why? I wanted to know what it takes for them to do the same with IndyCar Racing 2.

It would be simply PERFECT If they did the same with IndyCar Racing 2 revival on Automobilista. Who else wants an IndyCar Racing 2 Mod for AMS? Please reply here. Let's make some noise.

Last edited:
Hi folks, does anybody here have the contact of the guys who made this awesome job? I'm trying to find them through Facebook but If someone here know them, please share with me because I wanted to talk to them so much. Why? I wanted to know what it takes for them to do the same with IndyCar Racing 2.

It would be simply PERFECT If they did the same with IndyCar Racing 2 revival on Automobilista. Who else wants an IndyCar Racing 2 Mod for AMS? Please reply here. Let's make some noise.

Definitely agree with that and I would be interested. And with Patrick Giranthon's (&team) we have several tracks that would be fitting.

You should use the PM feature of RD, if you've not already done so.

Whills updated Grand Prix Evolution for Automobilista with a new update entry:

v2.0 Fundamental Update

YOU MUST DELETE THE OLD VERSION COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE !!!!!
STEPS:

1. Delete related files in the 'Series' folder.
2. Delete the mod folder in the 'GameData\Vehicles' folder.

This is the biggest update since the release of this addon.

After this update, you will see 4 series added to your main menu.
- If you want to race offline or race against the AI with actual driving talents, please select...

Read the rest of this update entry...

OK found the only bug/problem with this great mod:
Could you rewrite the "description" field in the VEHs so as to get only 1 RealFeel.ini entry per car class? Something like Description="GPE91: 25 Gilbert Dargaud". AMS uses the first 5 characters to link a car to its Realfeel.ini entry. With your mod, it creates one entry per car and it kind of clutters the file. That's a super minor annoyance but it would be great for us AMS players with their install full of other car mods.

With Notepad++, it can be done in a matter of minutes. Happy to help with that if you want.

OK found the only bug/problem with this great mod:
Could you rewrite the "description" field in the VEHs so as to get only 1 RealFeel.ini entry per car class? Something like Description="GPE91: 25 Gilbert Dargaud". AMS uses the first 5 characters to link a car to its Realfeel.ini entry. With your mod, it creates one entry per car and it kind of clutters the file. That's a super minor annoyance but it would be great for us AMS players with their install full of other car mods.

With Notepad++, it can be done in a matter of minutes. Happy to help with that if you want.
Thank you for pointing this out! I will definitely fix this. I also find some other minor issues that existed in the last update. I will release a small patch after several weeks of debugging. Thanks again.

Can this be played in the art of grand prix camera view ? That looks like a load of fun to sit back with controller and play like art of rally.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back