Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bandicam 2015-05-21 22-27-58-139.jpg
bandicam 2015-05-21 22-29-12-950.jpg
bandicam 2015-05-21 22-29-21-548.jpg
bandicam 2015-05-21 22-29-30-980.jpg

well done to our champion Ben Utzer, who showed that reducing a gap of 40 points after Bathurst is a piece of cake! (boooooo :roflmao:)
although I'd have liked the title battle to be a bit more exciting, if only one team is going to battle for it at least a teammate battle like Lewis v Nico last year. (with the dominance, this season very much reminds me of that. Plus Joel has a modified version of Nico's helmet so that's a bonus :D)
with that, OMR won it and BMW won it too. Infact, 1-2 in the WCC for 2 of 3 BMW teams, as Speedy has no chance to catch up to ART.
Back on the drivers's, for 3rd place it's over too, Lesley can't get it, so pretty much ART secured that bit. At the back it seems close, I feel like Diehl and Ana could make up some ground in the reversed grid race.

now onto some non-useful stats about the champions:
obviously, Utzer with his 3rd consecutive title and OMR with their 4th, the latter keeping a 100% ratio of winning that.
OMR got the highest percentage of total pole positions this season. 7/8, I don't want to count how much that is, but it seems higher than 8/10 achieved in S3. So yes, my pole in Spa was the first and only non-OMR one this season.
Utzer himself took 5 poles, matching his S3 record, although with 2 races less this year.
Utzer again, matching a S3 record of 3 consecutive poles too.
Onto wins, Utzer got another record, 9 wins total beating S3 and S2 counts of 8 each.
If Utzer wins in race 3, he'll become the first driver to win all 3 races in a weekend. OMR would not become the first team though, as they already are, S3 Osterreichring is when they did it before.
OMR dirvers will be 1-2 in every table in the Wiki HOF, once I update it
OMR drivers also finished 1-2 after every season's WDC table
probably a few more, but I'd like myself some sleep :D
also I didn't want to talk about the gaps before race 3 finished, as the gaps aren't yet stable.

and just cuz why not:
As we are nearing the end of the 4th season, we'll take a look at who was here all the way since season 1...:
Ben Utzer
Joel Rautavaara
Lesley Buurlage
Old Wolf
Aidan Keranen
Milos Ancevski
Rui Martins
Jimmy Laad
Manolis Sigoulakis

and that's about it. 9 people, I expected a tiny bit less tbh.

Last edited:
give me my win back -.-
e) In the event of the occurrence of a game breaking bug - i.e. pitstop bug, drivers running out of fuel - the race results will be taken from an appropriate time, usually one sector prior to the bugs appearance. However if less then 75% race distance has been completed the results will be declared null and void
come on, you know this rule already, it happened before too a couple of times.

Though I forgot to mention I put it into place at the results :redface:

Milos, if you want to fix the strategy of buying quali HP and laughing, then seriously look at moving the reverse grid race to race 2, and then race 3 is made up of average starting positions. Now the qualifying isn't going to help as much, sure you can still try it, but you'll end up way back again most likely.

Milos, if you want to fix the strategy of buying quali HP and laughing, then seriously look at moving the reverse grid race to race 2, and then race 3 is made up of average starting positions. Now the qualifying isn't going to help as much, sure you can still try it, but you'll end up way back again most likely.
but does this mean that race stuff will be overpowered now? Sure, you get sponsor money for quali, maybe. About race 3, I think it could get slightly buggy, I don't care for the extra work, most likely I'll somehow make Excel do the work for me.
But what if Ben finished 1-14, and Joel finishes 14-1? Who starts ahead?

my aim is to make the pair almost equal, at least at season start, to have varying strategies.

edit: oh, and sorry for the late reply, I was in a rush

Last edited:
edit: and there it is
bandicam 2015-05-22 20-11-31-302.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-11-51-253.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-12-00-332.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-12-06-793.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-14-37-507.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-14-16-122.jpg

ok so, as it's the season finale we'll make a little season review, like last time pretty much.

OMR - Well, just very dominant, the most domination so far, but I expected a few more broken records tbh. S3 still holds some valuable ones.

ART - Good at the start, bad luck at the cruical point, then just mediocre results till the end. Something we got used to seeing from this team in the past too. There, just not there enough. However, they still managed to be the only non-OMR polesitters

Speedy - A team that is falling after this season, built nicely on their season 3 form but the reliability was their biggest downfall late in the season that made them lose to Apex.

Diablo - I must say this is the biggest suprise I've just noticed actually. I expected either 2KF1 and SEGA, but the signing of Rinneaho put the team up to the top of the midfield after being near the back last year. Spa was again golden for this team just like last year.

2KF1 - After a promising start on points, they were really hit hard by the F sponsors I felt. McNamara had lots of bad luck to add it too.

SEGA - I must admit, I expected this team to be a backmarker. Not starting with a high budget, but getting very good results bringing them near the top at the beggining, however as reliability woes started to kick in dropped further back.

Falcon - I thought this would be another backmarker, after Sharp missed the first market deadline. Lintner's occasionally good results saved the team though.

MSnarDiTK - speaking of getting hit hard.. not really on their sponsor objective, infact Sigoulakis didn't get almost any money this season. Laad got some decent results, including a victory, after a dismal last season.

Toyota - another one of those, Toyota with a terrible start to the year didn't really help them retain their position from last year. No wins, but I feel like they deserved at least one.

Team 2KF1 - promising start, lots of battling in the midfield but Bathurst was a big point where they didn't need to drop points (wasn't it a teammate collision?)

and finally, Eipekkusu - Partly a manager of this team, I expected much better, especially on the reliability. Something this team really got used to for the last 3 seasons.

I had some other suprises, like the teammate battles, and also for those interested all the quali positions in the season:
(oh, and yes no graphs this time, they're a bit buggy)
bandicam 2015-05-22 20-15-02-920.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 20-15-49-614.jpg

Last edited:
Well, another great season for us. I'm a bit annoyed that I see Ben at the top step ;) Considering he now has 3 championships and I have 1. We could be tied up. Though I still believe S1 was the most interesting :thumbsup:

I doubt this kind of pace next year. Hopefully I can mount something. I think I could have gotten this championship. It was mostly about the retirements I got this season.

Looking forwards to joining OMR for 5th time in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes