Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. Perhaps giving quali guys a slight bit more money but race guys more points (from race 3)? That could get interesting near the end of the season I think.

however it still hasn't been shown enough interest by others.
Well it shouldn't matter. You've said that you want to change the thinking towards upgrades. This completely changes it. If you want to change it because you feel it would work, do it. If you don't, well I eagerly await what you intend to change.

I'll have to think a bit of the negative consequences again, I don't want the S4 domination to repeat again, but then I don't want 11 teams battling for the title either due to different strategy. Maybe it'll require some sponsor changes.

anyway, onto the next season's calendar. It will contain 10 races, and for the first time Spa won't be a fixed season finale, Bathurst won't be fixed either (but that's why there are two 2KF1 teams I guess :D). 10 teams will get the opportunity to vote, so ART will stand out of this one as the moderator (what, I have the other team anyway :D)
I don't care if two races end up in the same country.
So team owners, consult your teammates and post the track you want to see. Order of tracks will be made by me. You are given 4 days to complete the vote.

Last edited:
I'll have to think a bit of the negative consequences again, I don't want the S4 domination to repeat again, but then I don't want 11 teams battling for the title either due to different strategy. Maybe it'll require some sponsor changes.
what? How on earth is this a problem?

I'd rather have that than OMR (or any other team) dominating the season if it ends up being that, but I'd still prefer a balance that is built in the first few races. I guess retirements will play that role.
Nah agree with Aidan, would like to see more teams battling for the championship than just one team completely dominating

I'm thinking to apply Aidan's idea. Just gives the midfield teams that ability to risk a bit, to go for something completely different (but then, I said that for the F sponsors too didn't I?). But, the option that was the safest in the last 4 seasons isn't that known to be safe anymore. I'm thinking to make the sponsor rewards just a bit tighter for both quali and race. I don't want to reduce quali, race would be too powerful then. Remember, we want it equal. I'll see the best scenario for both and see how it will work later, right now I'm building the budgets etc. in my excel file.

I don't understand why you don't want having nearer to 11 teams fighting. This allows every driver to feel worthwhile, creates and extends interest (which seemingly has dropped for some people...)
If 11 teams have a strategy that works, that they take risks that pay off, why are we sitting here saying: nah this would be bad. Good on everyone for full realizing a completely equal and fair championship.

I'm thinking to apply Aidan's idea. Just gives the midfield teams that ability to risk a bit, to go for something completely different (but then, I said that for the F sponsors too didn't I?). But, the option that was the safest in the last 4 seasons isn't that known to be safe anymore. I'm thinking to make the sponsor rewards just a bit tighter for both quali and race. I don't want to reduce quali, race would be too powerful then. Remember, we want it equal. I'll see the best scenario for both and see how it will work later, right now I'm building the budgets etc. in my excel file.
Yep, that's fine. Reducing sponsor money would tighten up the gap more.

I don't understand why you don't want having nearer to 11 teams fighting. This allows every driver to feel worthwhile, creates and extends interest (which seemingly has dropped for some people...)
If 11 teams have a strategy that works, that they take risks that pay off, why are we sitting here saying: nah this would be bad. Good on everyone for full realizing a completely equal and fair championship.
cheers for that Aidan, once you got "interest" into your post it attracted my interest immidiately :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 210 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%