Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 Malaysian GP

GUcNnMr.png

86qglfJ.png

2nd career win for Diehl
Minardi driver Pablo Diehl has taken his second career win only, having won the first time 6 years ago at the '95 Brazilian GP. Second came Jimmy Laad, Rinneaho took his first career points and podium with 3rd.
The race started in dry conditions, but that didn't last for long as soon rain began to fall. Several drivers spun off in various incidents, among them Hunsley, Keranen, both Williams and both Prost. Pablo Diehl was the only driver starting from the top 6 who could keep his car on track. After Kederer retired from 2nd with a broken suspension, he enjoyed a comfortable 10 second gap to Jimmy Laad. The rain was gone in the meantime, and the rest of the race should remain dry.
The top 6 after the first round of stops were Diehl, Black, Laad, Ancevski, Lintner and Utzer. Black and Lintner both hadn't stopped yet. The BAR driver however retired with a broken suspension a few laps before he was scheduled to come in.
The top 3 remained unchanged after the final stops, while Utzer lost 4th to Rinneaho and Harvey worked up to 6th. Ancevski suffered an oil leak and retired from 3rd with about 10 laps to go. This promoted Hunsley back into the points.

FIA Press Conference
@Diehl: Your thoughts in the opening laps when pretty much everyone around you spun off?
@Jimlaad43: Surprised about the result given that you started from 11th only?
@TTupsi: Happy that you finally enjoyed a trouble-free race?

Market is open!

Last edited:
Where did I finish? Spoiler can't open here because of 'error'. Post here or PM me.

Ps: It is the second time this happens in as many days. It didn't open the results from this race and GPTCC R2. But I have opened others, like GPTCC R3 and Manager. Any solution?

@Diehl: Your thoughts in the opening laps when pretty much everyone around you spun off?

I can't describe how happy I'm by winning a race again, you know, my last and only one was six seasons ago. What can I say about the race? Well, sometimes the lucky is in your side, today the lucky was with me.

Quali BHP: +1
Race BHP: +1
Quali Skill: +25
Race Skill: +25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks