GT7 Gran Turismo 7 | Check Out The First Next Gen Gran Turismo 7 Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital and Sony have revealed the very first trailer for Gran Turismo 7 - set to debut on the next generation Sony PS 5, likely set to launch towards the end of the year.

We all pretty much knew the brand new PS5 would feature the latest and greatest from Polyphony Digital, and it looks like the developers haven't let fans down with the announcement on Thursday that the brand new Gran Turismo game will be released on the next generation console platform - the seventh instalment of the popular GT franchise.

Furthermore, Polyphony Digital also released a brand new reveal trailer, giving fans their first opportunity to see the new game in all of it's visual glory. For those wondering, yes, it does look rather tasty...

Firm details about the game have yet to be revealed, including content lists and release date, but no doubt Sony will continue drip feeding information to the hungry Gran Turismo player base over the coming weeks and months.

Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch on Sony PlayStation 5 at some point in the next few months.

Stay tuned to the GT7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions about this exciting new console racer.

GT7 1.jpg

• Deleted member 151827

Really looking for something exciting in a new racing game, but i have lost hope for it to happen. Maybe i am just not as interested as i used to be.

Whilst I initially didn't like the concept of it, playing GT Sport made me realise that the franchise had been getting stale and needed a reboot. Sport was able to provide that reboot despite it's shortcomings, and lay a strong foundation for the franchise moving forward.

Now I'm really excited about the return of content quantity and traditional GT mode to go along with the new standard of quality set on PS4. I'm hoping that Trial Mountain is just a taste of what we can expect to see return. Grand Valley was sorely missed by me in Sport.

Last edited:
Never gonna happen man. This is one of those games that sell consoles. Lots of people buy a PS to play GT. Doesn’t make sense to shoot themselves in the foot.
Well, they lost me with GT Sport after having GT1-6, sind GT2 on release day. They didn't sell the PS4 to me, and even though GT7 might seem to be tempting, I can't see myself playing with PSVR. Now with Pcars3 copying some of the good parts of the GT series like customizing and car rating, I may even think about getting that. Going to be interesting if that strategy works out, getting a fanbase back is always a lot harder than keeping it.

First of all needs better sounds and ai. Also with better physics.

I really hope they create a better career mode this time around. Ever since the gt1 they have done really small changes to it. Driving against super slow ai cars just to grind levels or credits is just boring after 6 games of the same. They really need to do something fresh with it instead of the same old buy a car and grind credits stuff. Just making the game about managing a race team or even selling rides instead of cars would add a new dimension to it. I'm sure people have lots of ideas how to improve it but I really hope they do something new with it.

The g27 won’t work- it’s not even compatible with the PS4.
The reason I never bought a PS4 and GT Sport. Ridiculous that a popular wheel like the Logitech G25/G27 was not supported. When I bought a PS3 with GT5 I already had a G25 for racing on the PC, but did not want to move around the wheel from my PC to the PS3 all the time, so I bought a second wheel, a G27. So when the PS4 came out, and it did not support both wheels, I was not amused. In the meanwhile, there are enough racing games to enjoy on a PC, so lost interest in console racing.

It's been a long time since I've done an article on Gran Turismo.

It should be remembered that the sim-racing universe (with different degrees of realism) doesn't attract many players. That's why I still find shameful Sony's policy to make it a Playstation exclusive.

They can go to hell, it's 2020, we have to open up to the world...

I'm not going to buy the console even if I'm interested in this game, a few licenses at most are interesting for each generation ... and of course the question of subscription hasn't been raised yet to be able to fully use the consoles' services.

In short, to have a console is to be rich, depending on the release of the games, there will be no VR with long years on console car games, in short I keep my PC.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've done an article on Gran Turismo.

It should be remembered that the sim-racing universe (with different degrees of realism) doesn't attract many players. That's why I still find shameful Sony's policy to make it a Playstation exclusive.

They can go to hell, it's 2020, we have to open up to the world...

I'm not going to buy the console even if I'm interested in this game, a few licenses at most are interesting for each generation ... and of course the question of subscription hasn't been raised yet to be able to fully use the consoles' services.

In short, to have a console is to be rich, depending on the release of the games, there will be no VR with long years on console car games, in short I keep my PC.

Why is what SONY do with Gran Turismo any different to rFactor2, iRacing and RRRE, which are all PC only titles?

People who only buy consoles for playing games son't get the chance to play PC only offerings.

Never gonna happen man. This is one of those games that sell consoles. Lots of people buy a PS to play GT. Doesn’t make sense to shoot themselves in the foot.

But didn't it make sense to release previous games from the franchise on the PC after a new game came out? Probably many more players, who just use the PC, would buy. I think Sony is asleep or not very smart.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%