GPU Requirements Triple Screen

I have similar PC specs i7 3770k, 16 GB DDR3 with triple screen 5760x1080 ...and I finally decided to make the jump to the new RTX 2070 coming from a GTX690...and what a difference and massive performance increase I had by just adding the new RTX 2070 had on my old PC system.
I can now run rFactor 2's laser scanned 'Sebring' with 'Full' graphics settings and 15 cars in the Rain and get 99 -149FPS compared to my old GTX690 that was getting only 9-25FPS on low to medium graphics settings....although I did have some problems setting up the new RTX card to start with as there are some issues that needed to be sorted out with the RTX line of cards...might be something to be aware of if you decide to purchase a new nVidia RTX GPU....but all in all I am very happy with the upgrade to the RTX 2070 so far now that the card is running without any issues.
Screen shot below rF2 laser scanned Sebring with MSI Afterburner data...View attachment 279962

Apologies in advance for the slight hijack:

What issues did you have with the RTX cards and what did you do to resolve them? Curious because I have what should be in all respects a faster PC than yours, running a triple monitor setup as well (similar resolution: 5856x1080 for bezel correction)...while it's definitely no slouch, I'm not quite getting those numbers in rF2 and I don't have everything set to full...but then again, I'm pushing it harder in terms of visible cars and total cars on track (20 visible, 40+ cars). Could you possibly take a picture of your graphics settings screen to compare?

My Specs:
i7 8700K (OC'd to 4.8Ghz)
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio (which I overclocked more using Afterburner's OC Scanner)
16GB DDR4
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370
rF2 running on the boot drive which is a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2
Windows 10

I did a run just like you described yours (except my settings aren't on full, see screenshots below) and mine runs at 45 - 65 in the rain. What did you do differently for your RTX?

ECB728B1AAF4B192279862AE8768CBBE2540CF19

848FAF17624C6AA0A3A11A3EA26AAB7C65019791

9894FF9F607570B8CF0ADAA8DBF5F4C204F2B8C0

E68778655A62CD213215C9E23E3AF457EF5C937C

AD55F9C104FEDE478D3F6731287D73E99E4DE37E

I have similar PC specs i7 3770k, 16 GB DDR3 with triple screen 5760x1080 ...and I finally decided to make the jump to the new RTX 2070 coming from a GTX690...and what a difference and massive performance increase I had by just adding the new RTX 2070 had on my old PC system.
I can now run rFactor 2's laser scanned 'Sebring' with 'Full' graphics settings and 15 cars in the Rain and get 99 -149FPS compared to my old GTX690 that was getting only 9-25FPS on low to medium graphics settings....although I did have some problems setting up the new RTX card to start with as there are some issues that needed to be sorted out with the RTX line of cards...might be something to be aware of if you decide to purchase a new nVidia RTX GPU....but all in all I am very happy with the upgrade to the RTX 2070 so far now that the card is running without any issues.
Screen shot below rF2 laser scanned Sebring with MSI Afterburner data...View attachment 279962

OK I found your RTX 2070 thread and that added some clarity: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/my-new-rtx-2070.161579/

You had me on a wild goose chase...I think you meant to say in this thread you get 99 - 149 FPS in the sun and 55 FPS in the rain. Those are similar numbers to what I get. I kept wondering how you're getting 50 FPS more than me in the rain on a slower system on ultra settings.

You had me on a wild goose chase...I think you meant to say in this thread you get 99 - 149 FPS in the sun and 55 FPS in the rain. Those are similar numbers to what I get. I kept wondering how you're getting 50 FPS more than me in the rain on a slower system on ultra settings.
OMG...sorry you are correct as after seeing your PC specs I thought that can not be right...so I just did a re-run on Sebring, 15 cars with 'Overcast and Rain', settings on 'Full'..and I was only getting 54-90FPS....appologize for the 'wild goose chase'...old guy here, memory going...lol
Below screen shots of my re-run...
1 rF2 SEBRING FULL GRAPHICS settings.jpg
2 rF2 SEBRING Weather settings NEW.jpg
7 rF2 VIDEO SETTINGS.jpg
6 rF2 SEBRING on grid.jpg

Last edited:
OMG...sorry you are correct as after seeing your PC specs I thought that can not be right...so I just did a re-run on Sebring, 15 cars with 'Overcast and Rain', settings on 'Full'..and I was only getting 54-90FPS....appologize for the 'wild goose chase'...old guy here, memory going...lol
Below screen shots of my re-run...
View attachment 280146 View attachment 280153 View attachment 280152 View attachment 280151

heheh no problem!

I'm still looking at your settings and think you're doing pretty good (possibly equal or better than mine somehow) given the age of your CPU and RAM speed...I'm gonna try another identical run tomorrow (now that I have your exact settings) to see how they compare...what cars are you using? I did a search for those T5 cars listed in your picture and I can't find a working download link to them...I've been using the GT3 car pack, maybe the car model makes a difference.

heheh no problem!

I'm still looking at your settings and think you're doing pretty good (possibly equal or better than mine somehow) given the age of your CPU and RAM speed...I'm gonna try another identical run tomorrow (now that I have your exact settings) to see how they compare...what cars are you using? I did a search for those T5 cars listed in your picture and I can't find a working download link to them...I've been using the GT3 car pack, maybe the car model makes a difference.
Yes, as Jon-Eric Saxen mentions above there is a difference in FPS between car and track combos, would be interested in your results...if interested the mod used is 'United Racing Design - T5 2018'...it is a paid mod, link below...
https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/product-page/rf2-t5-2018
I will also do a re-run using your rF2 settings as above and using the GT3 pack and re-post

Last edited:
Yes, as Jon-Eric Saxen mentions above there is a difference in FPS between car and track combos, would be interested in your results...if interested the mod used is 'United Racing Design - T5 2018'...it is a paid mod, link below...
https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/product-page/rf2-t5-2018
I will also do a re-run using your rF2 settings as above and using the GT3 pack and re-post

Thanks for that link, I've become very interested in endurance and touring car racing (at least, in sims)...pardon my ignorance though, but these are supposed to be 2018 DTM cars?

Thanks for that link, I've become very interested in endurance and touring car racing (at least, in sims)...pardon my ignorance though, but these are supposed to be 2018 DTM cars?
I do not think so...as the Modder Team 'United Racing Design' produced them without a license, I would assume they are just similar in shape to the real DTM cars but they released this mod in 2018...only guessing really, but they do handle really well and just as good as the rF2 GT3 cars...on my PC anyway.:)

I do not think so...as the Modder Team 'United Racing Design' produced them without a license, I would assume they are just similar in shape to the real DTM cars but they released this mod in 2018...only guessing really, but they do handle really well and just as good as the rF2 GT3 cars...on my PC anyway.:)

Looked up the DTM 2018 cars...Audi, BMW and Mercedes...Aura Beyro and Maures? :roflmao:

They don't have the license but as long as they don't use the company names and logos and change the design of the car slightly, they're good. I downloaded it tonight, gonna give it a go in a few mins. If anything, thanks for turning me on to some new cars!

I have re-run rF2 with your settings above and I get 70-98 FPS with rF2 GT3 cars on rF2 laser scanned 'Sebring 12 Hour' and 'Overcast & Storm'...screen shot settings below...
1 rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour DISPLAY SETTINGS copy.jpg
2 rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour OVERCAST STORM copy.jpg
3 rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour VIDEO RES copy.jpg

Sebring 12 Hour GRID
rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour GRID copy2.jpg

Sebring 12 Hour 1st Corner
5 rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour first corner copy.jpg
Sebring 12 Hour back straight
6 rF2 SEBRING 12 Hour BACK STRAIGHT copy.jpg

Ran an exact duplicate of your settings (down to the AI settings and car used): exact same FPS (50 - 90) in the rain and the SAME FPS (55 - 100) in sunny weather!...I don't understand how that's possible when everything in my system is spec'd faster than yours. :O_o:

This needs some more investigation...What version of windows are you on? What level of post-processing are you using in rF2 graphics settings? Any tweaks you did to your machine? Nvidia inspector? I could chalk up the rain FPS as GPU bottleneck, but the sunny one doesn't add up.

Ran an exact duplicate of your settings (down to the AI settings and car used): exact same FPS (50 - 90) in the rain and the SAME FPS (55 - 100) in sunny weather!...I don't understand how that's possible when everything in my system is spec'd faster than yours. :O_o:

I noticed you had almost max CPU usage for one core in your previous screenshots whereas other cores were low, so it could be that CPU is somehow bottlenecking, which would then limit your dry weather FPS to same as in rain. Check that you have aggressive threading disabled from rF2 launcher video settings. I don't have any other suggestions, but you can try and post on the S397 support forum.

I noticed you had almost max CPU usage for one core in your previous screenshots whereas other cores were low, so it could be that CPU is somehow bottlenecking, which would then limit your dry weather FPS to same as in rain. Check that you have aggressive threading disabled from rF2 launcher video settings. I don't have any other suggestions, but you can try and post on the S397 support forum.

That’s probably it. I did notice the CPU thread at 100 at times and I wasn’t exactly sure what was the cause (forgot about aggressive threading). I was so used to enabling it on my previous computer with slower threads. I’ll try that tonight.

Have you confirmed that you're not thermal limiting? I found that was affecting my bottom fps numbers with my GTX 1080 and had to alter the fan curve to fix it. Bottom fps numbers came up 30% as a result.

I had a GTX 980 ti before my RTX 2080, so I was used to editing fan curves...however the RTX runs so cool I haven’t had a need to. I’ve put it through the highest settings on rF2, ACC and pCARS 2 and it has never hit 70 C. Even under 100% load. High 60’s can’t cause thermal limiting right?

This needs some more investigation...What version of windows are you on? What level of post-processing are you using in rF2 graphics settings? Any tweaks you did to your machine? Nvidia inspector? I could chalk up the rain FPS as GPU bottleneck, but the sunny one doesn't add up.
That is strange...I am on Windows 7 Pro...16GB DDR3 at 1333...running a 2TB WD Black mechanical HD with a 240 GB Samsung SSD in ASUS's Motherboard 'SSD Caching' Function as all operating system and Sims all on one, no splitting up Sims on other drives ....no special tweaks to my PC....not using nVidia Inspector.
I looked at a web site called 'The Bottlenecker', typed in your specs i7 8700k and 2080 and it is a match made in heaven...but it said the i7 8700ki needs 32 GB Ram to work well?...I am not a tech person, but this could also something to look at...other than that it could just be...what's called...'The Silicon Lottery'...you can have 2 exactly the same products whether CPU, GPU, but one performs better than the other for some reason.
https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator
I7 8700K 2080.jpg

Last edited:
This topic is a time not in use but I have a question , I want to set up mine playseat F1 with 3 screens . Mine first tought was how bigger , how better but after reading some revieuws maybe this is not the best solution . I look at a LG TV screen 42' , 49'and 55' . I think that 55 is to big for a realistic performance . What is the best 42 of is 49 also possible ? I have to order the PC coming week and want to use a 2060 0r (amd) 5700 video card with at least 3 video out.

It's £299 @ overclockers.co.uk. I bought it when it was released last year and at the time I had no problems running it in VR or on a triple monitor setup (1920|2560|1920) . Unfortunately I sold it during the bitcoin-mining craze & bought a 1080ti for the same price... only to discover how poor (non-existent) Nvidia's bitcoin futures effect on price driver support is for mixed monitor setups. The irony is that in most of the sim games that I own my system is cpu limited, so I can't even take advantage of the extra few fps that my 1080ti gives.
well that's great.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back