Login or Register an account to download this content

AccAkut

Premium
AccAkut submitted a new resource:

Glas GT Exo-Rod - modern take on a Hotrod with animated everything

VjJHjO0.jpg

d1Aynnu.jpg

Felt like sharing this thing

It's a fun project I started some time last year, initially just physics to test out a solid rear axle. Then I started building a "car" around those physics. Then I started animating everything according to ACs DIR-conventions to learn that stuff. Then added rollerbarrel ITBs I had laying around from my CAD training. And body panels inspired of the Hans Glas 1700 GT,...

Read more about this resource...

Adding on my review, it was actually the BMW 2002tii (no turbo, round tail lights) I would have liked to see appearing... :D
Btw, learnt something, never realised that BMW and Glas shared the same tail lights....

I just tried the car at VIR Patriot and Bikernieki Skill layout and it was good fun at both. It has great power and you need to work the wheel quite a bit if you drive it aggressively which is fun. The mobile phone is a nice idea.

Things that came to mind:

.The default driver position is way off :D
.F6 cams would be nice
.Brakes are very effective
.You mentioned it has semislicks but they are named streets ingame
.There is some strange bug with the brake bias where the whole bar is red but the BB is actually somewhere in the middle of the bar/available adjustment
.Not a fan of the sound, I don't know the correct term but it is somehow echoey, the GT40 sound mod has a similar issue IMO
.This car wants to kill me
.The guages have no back light

Sketching it around Bikernieki at dawn. I love the smell of adrenaline and cortisol in the morning!

.The default driver position is way off :D
.F6 cams would be nice
.Brakes are very effective
.You mentioned it has semislicks but they are named streets ingame
.There is some strange bug with the brake bias where the whole bar is red but the BB is actually somewhere in the middle of the bar/available adjustment
.Not a fan of the sound, I don't know the correct term but it is somehow echoey, the GT40 sound mod has a similar issue IMO
.The guages have no back light
all of these are noted :thumbsup:Tires are a mix but closer to street tires. The sound was normally meant for a BMW M1 racecar and was probably made of recordings of one by @wjmoosting . I really like it even tho it is pretty off for the layout of this car.

all of these are noted :thumbsup:Tires are a mix but closer to street tires. The sound was normally meant for a BMW M1 racecar and was probably made of recordings of one by @wjmoosting . I really like it even tho it is pretty off for the layout of this car.
I thought they would be seeing as it is only 0.5 but figured I'd leave some feedback all the same. Opinions on SFX always seem to differ a lot person to person and the sounds can be quite different depending what you use. I thought the 917K sounded really gutless on my stereo speakers for example but since I got the Rift I think it sounds quite nice.

I just bought Assetto Corsa and don't have it installed yet, but immediately went hunting for good mods. This car looks really cool! I can't wait to try it. Thank you for making this!

I would like to request a future variation with the windshield and top removed too. Old-school wheels with taller profile tires would be icing on the cake too... like the knock-off wheels from the GT40 or the center-lock wheels from the Carrera RSR. It's a kind of diy hot rod I've always dreamed of building

AccAkut updated Glas GT Exo-Rod with a new update entry:

Small update

View attachment 536328
Recently realised I have this laying around for close to a year now with its new wheels but never uploaded it. Made these "steelies" mimicking the steel rims the real Glas GT had. @boomn was right :roflmao:
View attachment 536327

There's probably more I did to the car since initial release, but I don't remember any details nor did I keep a log :redface: Like I don't think I adressed even half of Andy-Rs bullet points yet. Maybe in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back