Premium
Peter Boese submitted a new resource:

gbwS Reshade - Reshade Post Processing for gbw Suite mod

gbwS Reshade includes a bundle of Reshade fx to get:
- more brightness
- lively colors
- better road visibility
- more contrast in the sky

It could be described as a camera filter, which creates a little overshining in bright parts and it highlights some underexposed details.

iPGI6eP.jpg

gbwS Reshade is matched to use with gbwSuite.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Make sure you don't have something like FRAPS running.

• Deleted member 197115

Reshade seems to shift white balance to warmer side. I like it, but seem like it introduces some random micro hiccups during driving. May be I am already taxing my card at 4k and Reshade is that last straw. :)

EDIT: Weird, now it's normal. Need to test more, could be specific weather related. But overall, looks tons better with Reshade on. Great job as usual. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Master,
I have a problem with reshade acs.exe stopping working. I noticed that with the latest versions of reshade crashes all, while with your old version it was fine. I tried to rename dxgi in d3d11 but nothing. What is the problem in your opinion??
sry for my poor english

Same problem with http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/summer-night-with-stars-and-reshade-weather.15243/ and http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bagnums-true-to-life-graphics-mod.20189/
I tested it. Take the dxgi.dll from gbW 3.3 and overwrite the one in AC main folder. It is totally compatible with my settings. There are no differences for gbwS Reshade.

I experience some stuttered with the Reshade (default options) ; I add to suppress the mod to avoid it ; any tips ?
MagicBloom is a small fps eater. Try to deactivate MagicBloom. Is it better?

Maybe you can also try to put in the Reshade version from gbW 3.3. Just put the dxgi.dll (Reshade 3.0.7) from it to AC main folder and overwrite the actual version (Reshade 3.1). Is there a difference now?

Reshade seems to shift white balance to warmer side. I like it, but seem like it introduces some random micro hiccups during driving. May be I am already taxing my card at 4k and Reshade is that last straw. :)

EDIT: Weird, now it's normal. Need to test more, could be specific weather related. But overall, looks tons better with Reshade on. Great job as usual. Thanks
Please be so kind, try to put in the Reshade version from gbW 3.3. Just put the dxgi.dll (Reshade 3.0.7) from it to AC main folder and overwrite the actual version (Reshade 3.1). Is there a difference now?

• Deleted member 197115

Wow, that reshade is super expensive.

Reshade effects off:
AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=131 MIN=38 MAX=194 VARIANCE=8 CPU=58%

LOADING TIME: 14s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (3840x2160)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
CPU CORES: 12
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:1
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Reshade effects on:
FPS: AVG=107 MIN=58 MAX=125 VARIANCE=5 CPU=49%

LOADING TIME: 16s

24 FPS or almost 20% loss. Is that really expected? I am using included reshade 3.1.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that reshade is super expensive.

Reshade effects off:
FPS: AVG=131 MIN=38 MAX=194 VARIANCE=8 CPU=58%

Reshade effects on:
FPS: AVG=107 MIN=58 MAX=125 VARIANCE=5 CPU=49%

LOADING TIME: 16s

Almost 20% FPS loss. Is that really expected? I am using included reshade 3.1.2.
MagicBloom eats FPS. I like it very much, but it is not the important part to get more brightness and the lively picture. It adds some natural colorization of distant objects and overshining bright objects with low sun. Just deactivate it you will get much fps back...

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks Peter. Disabling MagicBloom helps indeed.
Reshade effect on, MagicBloom disabled:
FPS: AVG=123 MIN=30 MAX=156 VARIANCE=8 CPU=54%

8 FPS or 6% loss comparing to Reshade off. That is much easier to swallow.

I just tried the ReShade installation for the first time (in conjuction with gbWSuite).

I was hoping that the bloom setting with reshade could help me to fix one major problem I have since I installed gbwsuite.

Since installing gbwsuite on a vanilla Assetto Corsa installation I have on all tire marks on the road these blinding light effects - it looks like the tire mark textures reflect in the light and together with gbwsuite there is a blinding flash light effect eminating from all tire mark textures on the road.

When entering the track after a long practice session or late in a long race those blinding lights get so very bad that it is almost impossible to drive.

Could you please help me please to find the cause of this issue? I have never seen this before I have installed the full gbwsuite (I have used the vanilla texture replacements before).

[EDIT]: I forgot my second question:

How do I use SMAA with this reshade installation?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 454
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 417
  • Deleted member 197115

If anyone experience occasional image jerkiness esp. with RHM, try the latest reshade 3.2.2
https://reshade.me/
Works much smoother for me with the latest NVidia drivers.

Just keep the original reshade-shaders folder, the install will download a bunch more that will slow down engine initialization, you can skip shaders download during reshade setup

I just tried the ReShade installation for the first time (in conjuction with gbWSuite).

I was hoping that the bloom setting with reshade could help me to fix one major problem I have since I installed gbwsuite.

Since installing gbwsuite on a vanilla Assetto Corsa installation I have on all tire marks on the road these blinding light effects - it looks like the tire mark textures reflect in the light and together with gbwsuite there is a blinding flash light effect eminating from all tire mark textures on the road.

When entering the track after a long practice session or late in a long race those blinding lights get so very bad that it is almost impossible to drive.

Could you please help me please to find the cause of this issue? I have never seen this before I have installed the full gbwsuite (I have used the vanilla texture replacements before).

[EDIT]: I forgot my second question:

How do I use SMAA with this reshade installation?
It seems you have a problem with your tire marks! Does this also happen with the standard kunos weather? This corner should look like this:
k8qj2Kp.jpg

So your tire mark has a strange alpha value. Have you installed some tire mark mod - or something else?

SMAA:
For this reshade mod, i deleted every unused shader to minimize loading time. But you can reinstall reshade. Download the full pack at https://reshade.me/.
There is a SMAA shader in it...

It seems you have a problem with your tire marks! Does this also happen with the standard kunos weather? This corner should look like this:
k8qj2Kp.jpg

So your tire mark has a strange alpha value. Have you installed some tire mark mod - or something else?

SMAA:
For this reshade mod, i deleted every unused shader to minimize loading time. But you can reinstall reshade. Download the full pack at https://reshade.me/.
There is a SMAA shader in it...

I had not installed any mods other than the gbwS mod over an otherwise vanilla installation.

I only saw this strange effect happening since I had installed the gbwS mod.
Tire marks would look much darker than in your screenshot, almost like very dark grey / almost black strips, not like the half transparent, nice tire textures in your screenshot.

Since this issue appeared first I have done different trouble shooting including removing the gbwS mod, steam file integrity check, double checked all settings in Content Manager that related to graphics, experimented with the skid mark ini file to remove the strange lighting flash effect.

This drastically reduced the issue.

Since the fresh installation of one of the last gbwS mods (and countless other tweaks I tried) the issue did not re-appear.

I have just installed your latest version of the gbwS 2.0 today and so far it looks amazing without any ill effects.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.