Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
gsc12_01.jpg

Click here for the full gallery of images

The Formula Classic will not be included in the main install and will not be supported in GSC 2012, for several reasons. Something had to give, and the fact we also had issues with the Formula Classic which meant we could not bring it up to par as we did with the other cars without a substancial rework, made it the one to go.

We love that car as much as anyone, so it was not an easy decision to make. We´ll all just have to wait while we cook up something kinda similar, featuring a certain driver with a bright yellow helmet... And everything else that will come with that :)

Last but not least, the Formula Classic will remain available as a separate DLC, if people are prepared to accept it being a split series with the Formula 3, they will be able to run it just as you do now in the original GSC.

the F1 Classics are my favorite along the V8s. What does it mean to run it as split series with the F3? does it mean they run together in the same race? I wonder if I could have both versions installed on my computer: original and 2012, so I can keep running the classics.

That's sad news regarding the classics. :( I hope the issues can be sorted out.

I found the classics to be quite challenging (and a lot of fun) because of their unique feeling.Their sound is also very cool. They're among my favorites together with the F3 cars.

Can't await the update, looks very promising. :)

The Formula Classic will not be included in the main install and will not be supported in GSC 2012, for several reasons. Something had to give, and the fact we also had issues with the Formula Classic which meant we could not bring it up to par as we did with the other cars without a substancial rework, made it the one to go.

We love that car as much as anyone, so it was not an easy decision to make. We´ll all just have to wait while we cook up something kinda similar, featuring a certain driver with a bright yellow helmet... And everything else that will come with that :)

Last but not least, the Formula Classic will remain available as a separate DLC, if people are prepared to accept it being a split series with the Formula 3, they will be able to run it just as you do now in the original GSC.

That's a shame, the classics were unique and once you tuned them to be 'stable', they were extremely fun. I hope we can still run them somehow.

As far as a new series featuring "a certain driver with a yellow helmet" [end quote], are you sure there will be enough interest in a series based around this particular driver :D
http://www.inforally.sibiul.ro/foto/ralf_schumacher_f1_profile.jpg

the F1 Classics are my favorite along the V8s. What does it mean to run it as split series with the F3? does it mean they run together in the same race? I wonder if I could have both versions installed on my computer: original and 2012, so I can keep running the classics.

Yes, in the current arrangement, if you install the Classic they´ll bundle with the F3. That means they will race together.

And yes, you can have an original install along with an install of GSC 2012, or even two separate GSC 2012 installs - one with the F3 and one with the Classic, if you wish. Not very practical but it´s an alternative.

We´ll keep trying to work a better solution if we can, right now though this is how it will be.

Formula Classic is the mod I race the most in GSD. I guess I won't update this installation of GSD.

Of course, I have not tested this, but I made something similar work for rfactor and it may work for GSD as well.

I am basically going to make a fresh installation of GSD and update that one, leaving my old installation alone. Just to be sure I will backup the one presently on my hard drive so if I screw up I can start from scratch.

if somehow that doesn't work, I guess I won't upgrade. Already there are few online races I can join given my time zone, so I usually drive gSD in SP. Since I drive the F classic 80% of the time, it makes no sense for me updating. and risk losing it. If the dual install works, great, if not I'll keep the old one.

You should be able to have two parallel installs, original GSC / GSC 2012, or even two GSC 2012 installs as you wish. Just have two equal copies of your activated GSC.exe and GSC.ini in both installs. There might even be a simpler solution, just working target folders through the config.ini file. Havent really explored much there yet, but there are options.

Worth pointing out that if you want to keep Stock Car 2010 or the replays you´ve had with it, you´ll need to keep the original - they wont be compatible with GSC 2012.

Everyone should consider this is a very extensive update - it´s far more than a simple carset, it´s almost a new game. Hence there are a couple of minor technical drawbacks in fitting everything together with the existing platform.

I'm really looking forward to the update - I currently have two separate installs, one for formula racing and any modifications I want to make, and an 'untouched version' for the stock cars and online play, and can confirm they work absolutely fine, so I will keep one of them going for F1 Classic and add the 2012 version as another install :)

at first ...yes.
after the GSC 2012 update, just go to the Reiza site and download the F1 Classics as a separate add-on. install it the way you did with your actual version of GSC and they are back : )
to race online you will need to check the server-description because they will run as F3's. thats the only glitch!

I did this.
I downloaded the game again and the update. Installed it as GSC 2012.
When that was done i copied the Config ini and Exe file from my orginal GSC folder over to GSC 2012. Also my userdata because then i have all the settings i use already in the new install. Now when 2012 comes out i only update the GSC 2012 install and the other install i can use for other races or cars.

Everyone should consider this is a very extensive update - it´s far more than a simple carset, it´s almost a new game. Hence there are a couple of minor technical drawbacks in fitting everything together with the existing platform.

Will a fresh install of GSC be required, or will the 2012 update just install over our current version(s)? If we need to re-install, will it use up one of our activations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back