Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
gsc12_01.jpg

Click here for the full gallery of images

All cars have had minor but significant physics updates. Generally speaking in terms of handling, the front tires are slightly sharper on turn-in, the rear end is slightly more alive, and the brakes less sensitive to locking up.

These are fairly natural progressions from the original physics so it´s pretty safe bet that anyone who liked them as they were will be pleased with the update :)

Original setups should still work pretty well too as suspension / drivetrain / chassis physics have remained pretty consistent. The tires and aero developments though might mean you need a little more rear downforce to achieve the same rear end stability of the originals.

I like racing single player races with ai, but it seems obvious that the ai always have full assists turned on at all times. It would be nice if the ai didn't always have super traction and stability. At times an ai will bump into me lightly and I completely lose control of my car, yet when I bump into an ai they never budge, even if I accidentally side swipe an ai pretty hard, they never seem to lose control at all. Sometimes the ai will push me right off the track, but no matter how hard I push back, they won't budge. Will the ai be different in the new release? Or will they still drive like cheaters with full assists turned on at all times? Will there be any new changes in the ai behavior and abilities at all?

I like racing single player races with ai, but it seems obvious that the ai always have full assists turned on at all times. It would be nice if the ai didn't always have super traction and stability. At times an ai will bump into me lightly and I completely lose control of my car, yet when I bump into an ai they never budge, even if I accidentally side swipe an ai pretty hard, they never seem to lose control at all. Sometimes the ai will push me right off the track, but no matter how hard I push back, they won't budge. Will the ai be different in the new release? Or will they still drive like cheaters with full assists turned on at all times? Will there be any new changes in the ai behavior and abilities at all?

The AI has been improved - their lines have been fine-tuned and a lot of work was done to keep their performance consistent accross all the different series and in all the different tracks, for all skill levels.

The AI dont have driving aids per se, but they do work on a few specific physics parameters that differ from the player´s, which generally provide the AI with a bit more rear end grip required to keep them stable - it might mean they can get away with a bit more than the player when contact ensues, but you can certainly spin them around too...

While there´s no such thing as human-like AI - and parts of their behavior and awareness still is to some extent limited by the game engine - this is one aspect we´ve always given very special attention to, and I feel safe in saying you´d have a hard time to find a sim today with better, more believable and engaging AI than GSC 2012. Theyre perfectly raceable.

In terms of performance it´s fundamental to set them accordingly to your own skill level. Beating them at 100% strentgh is not easy - but you can go as low as 80% and as high as 120%, which should provide plenty of scope for players of all skill levels and/or controller types.

We do strongly recommend players to stick to the original 25% agression for more balanced behavior.

better eye candy? that is awesome! I wish they would release more tracks.

You're getting 4 new layouts with the update (Taruma, Jacar Full, Jacar Oval and the updated Ribeirao Street Track) in addition to all the old tracks, plus all tracks look A LOT better than before (imo). I'm very pleased with the update to the track textures and shaders, and for me it's night and day between the old tracks and it feels a lot more natural.

Also I'm gonna try and find the time time to update Floripa to GSC2012 standards and hopefully have it ready for GSC2012 release. I'm not going to have any time for anything more than that though. (The other addon tracks I released will work ok with the update, I checked).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 20.5%