Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

I only had a quick chance to try it this morning before I had to go to work. I tested Game Stock Car & Wasteland 2 which are both easy on the system. TBH I just got excited by the screenshot posted, until I get chance to sit down and take some screenshots and compare settings vs FPS drop then I wont know for sure. In the quick test I did WL2 looked nicer.

I may have prematurely got excited too soon:redface:

hello,

i am not good in computer things, so i have a question.
where can i find the DSR thing?
i did download new driver 3.44.48
i did then go to assetto corsa (acs.exe)

then i saw in last down, something called VIRTUAL reality pre-rendered frames (i can select 1-4)
is this this new DSR??
or what must i do to find this?

i am not good in this computer things and in english not good too.

thanks for help
servus

Really great post!

I'd just like to add something in case anyone else is in the same boat as I am. DSR, as of writing this on 22 / October / 2014, DOES NOT support SLI configurations. If you'd like to use DSR now, you can disable SLI, and it will work. Keep in mind though that DSR does require a lot of GPU horsepower, so keeping SLI on and waiting for DSR support may be the way to go.

I was going crazy trying to figure out why I didn't have the option to turn it on, until I stumbled across a statement from a moderator on the Nvidia forums. It will eventually be supported, but for now, we wait. :coffee:

This is not true though. I've had two 980's since they launched and I've been able to do DSR with SLI. I have read of people having issues with SLI configurations and not being able to do DSR but it seems to be hit or miss on why that's occurring. I've read that some people were using older drivers, I've also read that some people didn't know how to access the DSR and enable it. I can testify with 100% certainty that DSR works with my SLI 980's. It worked with the 314.16 drivers and the newest 344.48 drivers. I'll be happy to provide a screenshot showing the option to enable on my system if you need proof but there's several people that have already provided that proof on various forums.

Thanks for the heads up on the driver.
Am I seeing right? I know I've scrolled all the way down this menu before.
I now seem to have additional resolutions in the AC menu.
I'm almost certain It was 1920x1080 max before.
It now gives me the option of 2103x1183. Anybody else get this?
I'm running DSR factors 1.20 native resolution and 33% DSR smoothing.
It looks really nice....almost life-like.

This is not true though. I've had two 980's since they launched and I've been able to do DSR with SLI. I have read of people having issues with SLI configurations and not being able to do DSR but it seems to be hit or miss on why that's occurring. I've read that some people were using older drivers, I've also read that some people didn't know how to access the DSR and enable it. I can testify with 100% certainty that DSR works with my SLI 980's. It worked with the 314.16 drivers and the newest 344.48 drivers. I'll be happy to provide a screenshot showing the option to enable on my system if you need proof but there's several people that have already provided that proof on various forums.
The 900 series seems to work all the time, but with the exception of a few rare cases, the 700/600 series are still in the dark.

George,
Made the changes you suggested - wow - never seen it look sooooooooooooo good!
My fps's did NOT drop below 105, period.
I also d/l'd the 344.48, BUT, even with my 770 Classified, 4 gig, my NVidia CP shows it's not supported. Go figure???? Maybe I'm missing a step???
I want to thank you for your kind support and suggestions..........worked wonderfully for me.

Tom

No prob.. Yah ive gotten a few wallpapers from Assetto. This is my current Wallpaper on my phone
Screenshot_2014-10-22-18-33-31.png

Poor Ferrari LaFerrari.

Just tested AC on my wife's system to see what her card could do.

A8-6600k APU (Quad 4.2Ghz)
8GB 1600Mhz RAM
1TB HDD (7200)
AMD R7 260X 2GB GDDR5

1080P/60Hz, 16xAF, 4xAA, Max World detail, Low shadows (don't like the fake shadows on High). No Bloom. Lower mirror settings (forgot to turn them up)

Abarth 500 @ Silverstone National/10am - 2 hotlaps solo

Min 95fps, Max 109fps

Not at all shabby for a fairly cheap system. (About £360 total, or the cost of a PS4)

Didn't get time to try much more with it as she caught me :roflmao:

Just tested AC on my wife's system to see what her card could do.

A8-6600k APU (Quad 4.2Ghz)
8GB 1600Mhz RAM
1TB HDD (7200)
AMD R7 260X 2GB GDDR5

1080P/60Hz, 16xAF, 4xAA, Max World detail, Low shadows (don't like the fake shadows on High). No Bloom. Lower mirror settings (forgot to turn them up)

Abarth 500 @ Silverstone National/10am - 2 hotlaps solo

Min 95fps, Max 109fps

Not at all shabby for a fairly cheap system. (About £360 total, or the cost of a PS4)

Didn't get time to try much more with it as she caught me :roflmao:

Fake shadows on high?...i see no fake shadows on ultra he he

Fake shadows on high?...i see no fake shadows on ultra he he

The ultra shadows/high shadows are fake.

Compare 'game shadows' with real life shadows sometime to see what I mean. It's the same in every game - the shadows are just TOO well defined and look fake. I know many gamers never go outside any more, but try it next Summer for a comparison. :roflmao:

For those with nvidia cards, The latest nvidia driver now has a setting called DSR ( Dynamic Super Resolution ) that renders the game at a higher resolution and then scales it down to you current resolution. This was somewhat possible before the update but it was more of a hack to trick your gpu to render a higher resolution. It looked better but took a big performance hit. Now that its implemented in the driver it works a lot better. For me, this solved my aa issue dramatically. I no longer even need AA turned on in game. I also no longer use Sparse grid SS in nvidia inspector. Here is a picture with all AA turned off. running at 3x the normal resolution. And for me, Im getting better performance now since AA and SGSS are no longer needed.

24ginwp.png

Yep DSR is superb :confused:

...and with ultra game settings and SweetFX + custom PP
looks much better :)

I have GTX 980 ... ( full grid ) 28 - 45 FPS with 4x DSR ( 4K ) + ultra game settings + SweetFX + custom PP ( Vsync off ) using 57" LCD TV 1920 x 1080 only :)
now with DSR I can play games in 4K quality etc. :geek:

ps. My Fire Strike score will be higher... still using old win 7 :rolleyes: ;)
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2994410

2.25 x DSR - 2880 x 1620

and 4K screenshots 4x DSR - 3840 x 2160

Last edited:
Yep DSR is superb :confused:

...and with ultra game settings and SweetFX + custom PP
looks much better :)

I have GTX 980 ... ( full grid ) 28 - 45 FPS with 4x DSR ( 4K ) + ultra game settings + SweetFX + custom PP ( Vsync off ) using 57" LCD TV 1920 x 1080 only :)
now with DSR I can play games in 4K quality etc. :geek:

ps. My Fire Strike score will be higher... still using old win 7 :rolleyes: ;)
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2994410

2.25 x DSR - 2880 x 1620

and 4K screenshots 4x DSR - 3840 x 2160

my god those nissan pics are beautiful!!

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of upgrading my GPU. What do you think of the following two cards? Are they a good choice for Asseto Corsa? Are there any issues that I should be aware of? I really don't want to spend more than 250 CAD. Any helps is appreciated.

MSI R9 270X GAMING 2G Radeon R9 270X 2GB
GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of upgrading my GPU. What do you think of the following two cards? Are they a good choice for Asseto Corsa? Are there any issues that I should be aware of? I really don't want to spend more than 250 CAD. Any helps is appreciated.

MSI R9 270X GAMING 2G Radeon R9 270X 2GB
GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Def. the 760 if you can afford the price difference. They are equal cards on paper but in real life, the 760 is either equal or better than the 270x.

Thank you! I was leaning that way, as I have always been a fan of Nividia...
To be honest, amd always has the better & cheaper hardware. But oh my god their drivers... just... oh my god... Software is where nvidia is winning at. What's the point of having a powerful cheap card if the software keeps crapping out on you? Wish amd would catch up with nvidia software-wise... until then, teamgreen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back