Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

Hi folks,
I've read so much about these in most version releases of AC that my old mind is just fragged.

I have a hi-end pc and gpu - but I see shimmers in primarily the road lines on edges - when I stop, they stop - AND some fence posts etc. have the jaggies.........

? - What really controls do we use to eliminate / or / reduce this issue??? AA ??

You help would be most appreciated.

Have a blessed day, Tom

I can't believe how well Kunos and company are getting AC to run.
The sim runs better than anything else in it's category.
The cars slide and are 'catchable' as is the case with full-size models.
The cars and animations look believable out on track.
I can turn almost all setting to max and it still runs very well.
They've done a really good job.

Last edited:
Hi George,
GLAD the screen shots came through.
I will try your suggested edits this evening and report back.

My hardware:
Asus X-79 Deluxe MB - 4way Optimization with Overclock to 4.8
Corsair Patriot Deluxe Memory 1866
Intel 4890K CPU
EVGA 770 Classified GPU

Thanks for your continuing help.

Tom

Hi George,
GLAD the screen shots came through.
I will try your suggested edits this evening and report back.

My hardware:
Asus X-79 Deluxe MB - 4way Optimization with Overclock to 4.8
Corsair Patriot Deluxe Memory 1866
Intel 4890K CPU
EVGA 770 Classified GPU

Thanks for your continuing help.

Tom
Those are some wierd pc specs. Did you buy a spec (completed) machine from a vendor?
The only 4890 Intel pcu I could find is a Xeon with 15 cores !? And the GPU should be watercooled !?
Do you have a link to the spec pc on the vendor website and/or could you provide some further info & specs?

These things are important to accurately interpret overall performance of your rig and to be able to issue reasonable recommendations afterwards.

Hi George,
IT's "weird" because it was a typo.
4820K - 2011 Socket - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EMHM672/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The unit IS water-cooled with a Corsair-105 Hydro Unit......

Runs superb and Stresses beautifully.

I build my own pc's - have for over 15 years..........for me, the only way.

Thanks, Tom
Very good, that clears things up. I build mine as well ,)
You should have more than enough hardware prowess to play at very high or even max settings and still enjoy 60+ fps. As you already mentioned, it runs well for you atm.
Make sure to have 4x AA, 16x AF, enabled FXAA and 'let application decide' setting in your nvidia profiler. If this doesn't work either, we'll see about the graphics driver options.

For those with nvidia cards, The latest nvidia driver now has a setting called DSR ( Dynamic Super Resolution ) that renders the game at a higher resolution and then scales it down to you current resolution. This was somewhat possible before the update but it was more of a hack to trick your gpu to render a higher resolution. It looked better but took a big performance hit. Now that its implemented in the driver it works a lot better. For me, this solved my aa issue dramatically. I no longer even need AA turned on in game. I also no longer use Sparse grid SS in nvidia inspector. Here is a picture with all AA turned off. running at 3x the normal resolution. And for me, Im getting better performance now since AA and SGSS are no longer needed.

24ginwp.png

For those with nvidia cards, The latest nvidia driver now has a setting called DSR ( Dynamic Super Resolution ) that renders the game at a higher resolution and then scales it down to you current resolution. This was somewhat possible before the update but it was more of a hack to trick your gpu to render a higher resolution. It looked better but took a big performance hit. Now that its implemented in the driver it works a lot better. For me, this solved my aa issue dramatically. I no longer even need AA turned on in game. I also no longer use Sparse grid SS in nvidia inspector. Here is a picture with all AA turned off. running at 3x the normal resolution. And for me, Im getting better performance now since AA and SGSS are no longer needed.

24ginwp.png
I've read about this downsampling. I thought it was only (officially) supported with the new 980 and 970 hardware?

Woah. That's a wallpaper right there!

Thank for the info, will definitely check this out.
@Joao Alves
No prob.. Yah ive gotten a few wallpapers from Assetto. This is my current Wallpaper on my phone
Screenshot_2014-10-22-18-33-31.png

I've read about this downsampling. I thought it was only (officially) supported with the new 980 and 970 hardware?
It was originally. but there was a driver update today that added compatibility to a bunch of older models. Im rocking a gtx 780

24ginwp.png
Really great post!

I'd just like to add something in case anyone else is in the same boat as I am. DSR, as of writing this on 22 / October / 2014, DOES NOT support SLI configurations. If you'd like to use DSR now, you can disable SLI, and it will work. Keep in mind though that DSR does require a lot of GPU horsepower, so keeping SLI on and waiting for DSR support may be the way to go.

I was going crazy trying to figure out why I didn't have the option to turn it on, until I stumbled across a statement from a moderator on the Nvidia forums. It will eventually be supported, but for now, we wait. :coffee:

24ginwp.png
You cant fail to be impressed with what Nvidia have done with this setting. And all for virtually no performance hit. In fact probably gained some performance due to not running other settings. Nvidia really are nailing it at the moment.

It was only available for the 970 and 980 until yesterday. The new 344.48 drivers allow DSR now with Kepler and Fermi generation cards so basically all the way back to the GTX 480.

You cant fail to be impressed with what Nvidia have done with this setting. And all for virtually no performance hit. In fact probably gained some performance due to not running other settings. Nvidia really are nailing it at the moment.

There's a performance hit for sure. Its not free. The game is still rendering at a much higher resolution before downsampling down to your desired resolution. It works well for games that aren't terribly demanding but other games that are graphic intensive it may not be a good option. I have 980's so I've been using this feature for weeks now.

mod-edit: consolidated for you, please keep the forum tidy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back