G25 brakemod AP electrix

Hey Racedepartment.
would just like to get more people aware of the G25 loadcell that Andy @ http://www.apelectrix.com/ sales.
it´s a great mod to get your g25/g27 even better. its a real pleasure to race with and u get a better feel for the braking. and can brake later becase u have more controll over the brakes and don´t look the wheels up when braking hard. its cheap and man it´s great.
it´s a dropin mod for the g25/g27 only thing u need to do. is remove the pedals. turn the pedalcase around. remove every screws under the case. and then even the for screws mounted to the caseing for the brakeing. remvoe 2 screws under the pedal and 1 big boult. remove the spring from g25. and save in a good place. like the trash. and then it´s just connect and calibrate . after 3 - 4 laps u starts to get the feeling how to brake. and u will get better laptimes. it´s works great with out any mods. but i can recommend to get a leo g25 pedal controller cable. it´s easyer to get the calibration right with the brakes. and u get higher resolutions.

posetive ++++
Great quality
Easy to install,
Great design.
Andy´s quick responses.

negative ----
Could come with a installation guide with the package. (u find it at the site)
Color. it´s just a look buth would be nice if it was red to blend with the original springtubes.

buth the postive parts of this mod weights alot more than the downsides. it´s just basic things i do think is negative about it. nothing that affect´s the performance.

you could find more about it @ http://www.apelectrix.com/

i got it as a bithday present. and it´s the best present i got in a long time. the only better present was my g25 wheel. so if u like your g25/g27 i would advice u to buy a brake mod from Andy.

that´s about everything i wanted to say.
over and out.

after using my clubsport pedles for a few weeks now, they are a lovely bit of kit. and not only do you get the load cell you get hall sensors on the throtle & clutch, plus almost twice the pedle travel. 20deg with G27/25 & 36deg on the csp`s :D

Upvote 0
Not really because I asked him if I can put out the word that he's opening shop again. Hence the first sentence in his reply (email) ==> "You can if you want"

Upvote 0
Good news everyone he's back selling the brake mod. He posted this on his website.

December 1, 2010

Good News! (and bad news)
This is where you will be able to order your G25/27 mod. But before we can do that I need to get an idea of inventory to purchase for the up coming build.
Many of you have been waiting for a while and I want to get some units out to everyone as soon as possible. Since I anticipate a large burst of ordering activity, I want to have enough materials to fill them.

If you select the "Pre-Order" tab on the left, and fill in the form with your e-mail, it will put you in queue as well as give me an idea of quantities to expect. There is no obligation to purchase.

The bad news is I will be raising the price to $75.00/unit plus shipping $4.95 US and $12.95 Europe and Canada. I am trying to streamline the amount of time to assemble each unit and that requires outsourcing some of the
time consuming processes. Also, this will help with covering lost and damaged units during shipping and any returns.

I will send an email to you when your order is ready and a Paypal invoice if you are ready to purchase.

-Andy Pastore

Upvote 0
I have Andy's brake pedal and Leo's USB interface with his calibration program. The problem I have is that I have a constant +-15% brake on the graph that fades as I press on the accelerator and the reverse when I don't. Andy suggests swapping the GND/+5V wiring when using Leo's interface, but then I have about 2% brake that rises to 15% when I press the accelerator.

Hopefully someone out there has had this and solved it.

Upvote 0
Just received an email from AP electrix this morning saying my order is ready to ship and to confirm that i still wanted it. I put my name on the list back in Nov. I confirmed my order and he sent me a paypal invoice so hopefully it will ship out today. For those who put their name on the list, you should be getting an email pretty soon.

Upvote 0
I also got an email from Andy that my order is ready.

But before I order, I want to know if this mod makes it possible to brake with ABS set to 0 and brake pressure set to at least 80% (ingame tuning) without locking the wheels?

I installed a gum (eraser) as a test but I still lock up the wheels pretty easy in netkar pro and GT5.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back