AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth500/Swift/MX5@Zolder67, Wed 28th February 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I see some differences. I have 'Apps' and not 'PythonApps'. And the developer boxes unchecked. This is mine:
1708819029890.png

Mine looks more like Jose's but showing the apps as expected. I have had a quick look through the setting and can't see anything to cause the issue so with that the only thing i can say is try reinstalling or try helicorsa.

Last edited:
Change of plan and we are now also going to Zolder 67 in the Tue night Classics race.

Give the easy driving Alfa Tipo 33 TT 12 a blast tomorrow and you'll also be getting some valuable track knowledge at the same time :)

Nice race guys!

PB in practice, no PB in qualy, PB in race, should have done that in a different order. :cool:

I like the flow of this track and the tricky corners. Great to see the entire field was so close.

Lap 2 Jari and I did some paint scraping close racing and he went off in turn 2, so I backed out to let him pass, just to be sure to do justice to the Golden Rule. even if I wasn't sure about me being the at cause that point. (just saw the replay of that, I think I shouldn't have waited there, costed me too much for a racing incident by close racing) Ah well, I'm used to fighting from the back by now, so head down again and rock 'n roll! Found some pace again and gained a lot of positions back during the rest of the hour, most due to people crashing or leaving, but I was kinda proud of the handfull of nice overtakes I could make, felt great!

One big moment of loss of concentration, I just didn't remember what the next corner was going to be like, stupid mistake, just don't think about real life when racing... :cautious:

Anyway, great racing, I enjoyed myself a lot tonight.

Thanks Han, congrats podium Robert, Han and Jari.

Next!

Last edited:
I've had quite a busy week so I didn't get to try the other cars and simply went with the one I'm enjoying the most at the moment.
When I log into the server and notice I'm the only one driving a Suzuki I immediately knew I would not be posting competitive times...

I had fun, which is the most important thing, this track has a nice flow and it's not too hard, so it resulted in a very enjoyable race. Kept it quite consistent, was able to improve my timings here and there and managed to have a solid drive without mistakes or lapses in concentration.
So all things considered, no regrets!

Thank you Han for hosting, and everyone else for the great driving. I will see you next week!
- Ricardo

This must've been my worst performance in months. Maybe not the best idea to work out right before the event. :p

My average lap was about a second slower than what I did in the weekend and what's worse I just couldn't get into a consistent flow.

It all left me very frustrated tonight. But post-race Steve reminded me why I keep racing: because it's bloody fun. So thanks for that Steve, I think I needed to hear that. :)

Fun track though! Hope we race here again sometime in the future.

One thing I would like to point out is that today it felt like our gentlemanly agreements have loosened a bit. I saw several people leave the track and rejoin unsafely which forced faster cars to slow down.

On that note: sorry Kimi we came together. When I saw the other guy move to the left I should've braked earlier and avoided the crash.

Congrats podium people and once again thank you Han for organizing. :)

Thanks all for racing tonight. It was great fun and with 2nd finally a podium for me.
A well deserved win for Robert who had great pace and didn't make mistakes while being under pressure from me.

My own pace was a pleasant surprise for me as my consistency in practice was rubbish. But when I got to know how to get the Abarth through turn 1, it went a lot better.

Next week another beauty: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...park-international-wed-6th-march-2024.269431/

One thing I would like to point out is that today it felt like our gentlemanly agreements have loosened a bit. I saw several people leave the track and rejoin unsafely which forced faster cars to slow down.
Guys,

As a frontrunner (hè, hè) I didn't see that but let's all agree to sharpen upon our clean and fair racing and keep racing as a gentleman.

After some bad news at work and murderous stutter in practice the event started "not good"

A complete restart took care of the stutter, practice improved considerably and I managed once again to qualify with PB for this track.
Which netted me P5 on the grid, you guys have become freakin fast over the last month. :O_o:
Good thing I practiced my pit stop, Jim had generously ****ed up and not preselected pit stop fuel:speechless:

Start went well, could make up some positions by collecting freebies, but actually had a corner exit/draft overtake on Colin.
Which he watched closely and turned around on me on the next lap, well done Sir. :thumbsup:

Things went downhill from there, drove to much with my head on the pit wall and not in my car. There is such a thing as "too many monitors/information":rolleyes:

Several concentration laps and a mayor **** up in T1 later (just followed your tracks, stupid me :roflmao:) I took my pit stop to reset things. All went smoothely, concentration was better for a few laps (at least generally speaking) and I could bring the P5 home.

And to the mention of declining driving standarts, I´m sorry to corroborate Rico´s impression, the Gentlemen can do better than what was shown lately.

Thank you Han for organizing see you all around.

Off for "just one beer" ;)

(P.S: you know there is a technique to "offroad more safely" and not spin every freakin time?

If you can spend some time on this blog, it helped me out a lot!!)

I have to agree with Carsten, I wish people would understand the demarcation between I can over take and I cannot overtake. It may take you dozens of laps, it may take couple of corners.
Too often I have been knocked off the circuit and a race ruined by silly overtakes, Jari tagged me for many laps before wearing me down and made a clean overtake.
We are all so close, most of us anyway with a few fast drivers who are not overly effected by coming off,, for us that one pointless punt makes it often impossible to come back.
Admittedly the race was mostly ruined by me, so I can take some solace from that.

A big well done to Han , I have been moaning as above, but compared to Hans luck of late I cannot complain, so well done fellow Abarth driver on a well deserved 2nd only bested by a Rotter in a Mazda.:)

I was pleased with my race and agree with Ernie where good results come in waves followed by several poor results.
I qualied around 8 tenths behind the lead so i was not overly worried about my race performance knowing that i never ever excell with this car and as i am in a poor performing wave i was not expecting too much.
Never the less, i started in my usual rear quarter of the pack with the expectation that as i always do of making up a good amount of places on my 1st lap.
Didn't happen. I tried a more aggressive approach to turn 1 than normal and punted myself right off the track.
Now i am at the back and looking at a lonely hour which also did not happen as i slowly found myself reaching the heady hights of 6th place after my pit stop and had all the intention of cruising home a few seconds behind Carsten.
In my mirror way back was Bouke and for some laps i held the gap, then with the combo of me getting a little sloppy and he raising his game his car was getting bigger. No worries i thought, he cant close the gap in the time. He did. Then he made a great pass on me on the last laps that i could not recover from so i grabbed 7th.
Overall, a great hour of racing. Thanks guys

I have to agree with Carsten, I wish people would understand the demarcation between I can over take and I cannot overtake. It may take you dozens of laps, it may take couple of corners.
Too often I have been knocked off the circuit and a race ruined by silly overtakes, Jari tagged me for many laps before wearing me down and made a clean overtake.
We are all so close, most of us anyway with a few fast drivers who are not overly effected by coming off,, for us that one pointless punt makes it often impossible to come back.

I´m afraid that the decision "to try or not try" a pass needs a healthy dose of experience and of course respect for your fellow gentleman.

The first only racing with an open mind can develop, learn from your **** ups after you have given back the position and apollogize later.
That is not a problem with our regulars, it´s a pleasure to race with you.

The latter part has been lacking for some of the "not so regulars" and has affected several of my races in the last year.
As in at least one case even the after race discussion did not yield any fruit
("Dude, what´s YOUR problem?")

The only solution for a better future is to go the right, but not very gentlemanly way and report this fellows for every infraction of our rules.
That is unpleasant and I know of at least on Race Director who likes to avoid "uncomfortable" discussions, but doing nothing wil only enable the egomaniacs on the track.

I know that is a controversial topic, so I brace and buckle up for an intense discussion.

Carry on.....

And:

"the one who sinks it is the one who dives for the tow point!"

(that´s where the offroaders above ****ed up, the tow strap should be already buckled in and fixed to the hood.)
I agree with almost every point other than the not so regulars should of read the drivers who join in our races from nowhere and after carelessly causing crashes disappear and are never seen again. I think our race club attracts inteligent respectful drivers and it is always great to see how new members always merge straight in with our values and that is where our strength is. Mutual respect. Of course, there is always going to be moments of disagreement between us all but overall we should consider ourselves lucky to be in a nice workable group of like minded guys.
I am going to go away and throw up now

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea