- Feb 24, 2008
Originally Posted by ReadMe.txt
Welcome to the FVR V8 2008 Aussie Racing Series v1.4 by the FVRFactor.com mod team!!
This is a conversion of the rFactor FVR V8 mod and uses the same car models as from this mod.
I joined FVRfactor.com in November 2008 and took on the project to convert rF FVRV8_08 to EVO. I have enlisted the support and assistance of our group of Beta Testers (some previous critics, followers and impartial followers of the original FVRV8 series) that have provided us with mountains of work but in the end a good driving experience. The cars are the older model style and will updated along with rFactor versions to v1.5. Organising and coordinating this project has been a huge amount of fun and also a massive learning curve for me.
Although this was a conversion almost every file in this mod has been modified or scratch written.
This mean a huge amount of work, especially FlashQld redoing many graphic models (sometime more than a few times), but we got there in the end.
Jason Madigan joined the FVR team not long after me and took on the physics modelling to get the best out of the GTR Evo and the results speak for themselves.
The skins were already ready and waiting ex the rF version and a big thanks goes out to Ferret40 for his great work on the full 2008 team line-up plus a few touch ups to get it just right in Evo.
dbens1, amongst other things reworked the cam files to suit the adjusted models and Evo. Nice...
Features added to the GTR Evo release:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Animated wipers
- Wet tyres and independent front and rear tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen
- Wipers are limited in that they only semi-clear rain water drops on the right hand side of the rainscreen. This is an issue within Simbins code that all (yes, even the RHD Lister) only clear the left hand side fully. Seems to work ok at clearing the dirt build-up.
- Non-adjustable Final Rear Diff Ratio. The Aussie V8 Series use fixed gearbox ratios with 4 final diff ratios to choose from. GTR Evo doesn't support this being adjustable, so we have included 4 default setups for both the Commodore and Falcon which can be found here:
- extract to main Race07 folder
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\
This Mod wouldn't have been possible without:
- FlashQld, FVRFactor Founder
- Ferret40, FVRFactor Founder
- FastEddieWoe, www.Motorheadz.net and their crew! esp for hosting our test servers
- our beta testing team
- Simbin (of course)
- And you, the Sim Racing Community!
Enjoy and please feel free to join up at www.FVRFactor.com and say hi etc.