FVR V8 2008 Aussie Racing Series v1.4 Released

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Originally Posted by ReadMe.txt
Welcome to the FVR V8 2008 Aussie Racing Series v1.4 by the FVRFactor.com mod team!!

This is a conversion of the rFactor FVR V8 mod and uses the same car models as from this mod.

I joined FVRfactor.com in November 2008 and took on the project to convert rF FVRV8_08 to EVO. I have enlisted the support and assistance of our group of Beta Testers (some previous critics, followers and impartial followers of the original FVRV8 series) that have provided us with mountains of work but in the end a good driving experience. The cars are the older model style and will updated along with rFactor versions to v1.5. Organising and coordinating this project has been a huge amount of fun and also a massive learning curve for me.

Although this was a conversion almost every file in this mod has been modified or scratch written.

This mean a huge amount of work, especially FlashQld redoing many graphic models (sometime more than a few times), but we got there in the end.

Jason Madigan joined the FVR team not long after me and took on the physics modelling to get the best out of the GTR Evo and the results speak for themselves.

The skins were already ready and waiting ex the rF version and a big thanks goes out to Ferret40 for his great work on the full 2008 team line-up plus a few touch ups to get it just right in Evo.

dbens1, amongst other things reworked the cam files to suit the adjusted models and Evo. Nice...

Features added to the GTR Evo release:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Animated wipers
- Wet tyres and independent front and rear tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen

Known issues:
- Wipers are limited in that they only semi-clear rain water drops on the right hand side of the rainscreen. This is an issue within Simbins code that all (yes, even the RHD Lister) only clear the left hand side fully. Seems to work ok at clearing the dirt build-up.
- Non-adjustable Final Rear Diff Ratio. The Aussie V8 Series use fixed gearbox ratios with 4 final diff ratios to choose from. GTR Evo doesn't support this being adjustable, so we have included 4 default setups for both the Commodore and Falcon which can be found here:

...\race 07\UserData\CarSetups\_Output\
&
...\race 07\UserData\CarSetups\FVRV8_08_Setups\

Installation:
- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

This Mod wouldn't have been possible without:
- FlashQld, FVRFactor Founder
- Ferret40, FVRFactor Founder
- dbens1
- Mojo66
- petrs73
- Angus94
- os-chris
- Michael51
- FastEddieWoe, www.Motorheadz.net and their crew! esp for hosting our test servers
- FOG-Carsten
- Vancstar
- our beta testing team
- Simbin (of course)
- And you, the Sim Racing Community!

Enjoy and please feel free to join up at www.FVRFactor.com and say hi etc.

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe
a.k.a KämpferAs

ok, I will be porting this in to GTR Evo asap. not a conversion, but working from the base used to create the GTR2 and rF mods...

watch this space...

Will include:

V8 Supercars
Fujitsu
NZV8s

cars:

Commodore VZ and VE
Falcon BF

Awesome. Can't wait :laugh2:

Are you going to use Evo style tyres for them? It's just that in my experience they turn out to have more grip than they should when tyr files are taken straight from GTR2.
To see what I mean try the cars ported from GTR2 (not the ones that were adapted to the Evo GT classes).
I don't really know anything about how the tyr files work though so I could be completely wrong.

Are you going to use Evo style tyres for them? It's just that in my experience they turn out to have more grip than they should when tyr files are taken straight from GTR2.
To see what I mean try the cars ported from GTR2 (not the ones that were adapted to the Evo GT classes).
I don't really know anything about how the tyr files work though so I could be completely wrong.

There is only one small difference in the tire files, more the way the newer physics model handles this data...

Also, I'm not converting from GTR2 or rF, I'll be working with the base files and data that were used to created the GTR2 and rF mods. Things like the sound bytes and models. I hope to write/rewrite the rest to suit GTR Evo. i.e not wanting to have anither GTR2GTRE straight conversion...

On a side note, I'm also fine tuning the GTR2 version...

One thing I'd like to get sorted as soon as possible is get a basic running version going so that we all can get on to skinning/reskinning the cars. They are nice in GTR2, but I and others would be able to sharpen these up or redo them to make the most of the lovely graphics in GTR E.

There is only one small difference in the tire files, more the way the newer physics model handles this data...

Also, I'm not converting from GTR2 or rF, I'll be working with the base files and data that were used to created the GTR2 and rF mods. Things like the sound bytes and models. I hope to write/rewrite the rest to suit GTR Evo. i.e not wanting to have anither GTR2GTRE straight conversion...

Ok. I just thought some details like tyres could be based off the GTR2 version since something like that wouldn't be part of the base files as far as I know.

As for Bathurst, there is a version that was recently converted to GTR2 from rFactor that is apparently good. I'm not talking about the Codemasters conversion. The guy who converted it said he would do an Evo conversion too.
It's in a thread somewhere on NoGrip.

Ok. I just thought some details like tyres could be based off the GTR2 version since something like that wouldn't be part of the base files as far as I know.

They can b based off the GTR2 or rF and I'll use most of the data created in those, but still need to expand it and add to it to get the right feel and performance in GTR Evo

As for Bathurst, there is a version that was recently converted to GTR2 from rFactor that is apparently good. I'm not talking about the Codemasters conversion. The guy who converted it said he would do an Evo conversion too.
It's in a thread somewhere on NoGrip.

Sweet... if you find the NG link, please post...

Well Barbagello would be nice too, but Atti knows me better than anyone, even my wife, I think. :rotfl:

Hahaha! :laugh2:

Seriously though, Barbagallo is my home track, and if someone, anyone, does not get it into the game within the next six months, I shall call upon Chuck Norris to roundhouse-kick their heads clean off... :chuck: :p

• Doorslammer

Hahaha! :laugh2:

Seriously though, Barbagallo is my home track, and if someone, anyone, does not get it into the game within the next six months, I shall call upon Chuck Norris to roundhouse-kick their heads clean off... :chuck: :p

Seconded, although not the most enticing or exciting of layouts... :laugh2: (think of a Minute Lap Monza)

• Andrew Evans

when i get my track technique down i'm going to build ramsay street, yes sir! :D

i ve just tested the rfactor mod version 1.3 and i am a bit disapointed about the graphics

It seems to me that the holden shape is not accurate , in particular the wheelbase seems to be far higher that the real on. The front lights also should be improved (not enough poly?)

I am french so i ve never see a real V8 car, but on télévision (simmons plain race this weekend on motorstv).

Am i right or wrong ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years