Friendly Development Series

With the up and coming restart of the Friendly Development series.
There has been a rise in the number of cars spotted on our tracks sporting a unique new livery as the pictures from an undisclosed source prove.
Could these be the stars of the future?

RD_FD_cars_07.jpg

RD_FD_cars_06.jpg

RD_FD_cars_04.jpg

RD_FD_cars_03.jpg

RD_FD_cars_02.jpg

RD_FD_cars_01.jpg

Unfortunately, I have too much work to do. I just planned my week activities so that I can participate in Porsche SuperCup (already missed Silverstone this Sunday:() every week and RDGTC, when it starts. I will now try to squise RDFDS into my callendar but there is very little hope I will have time for it. Certainly not in the first two weeks but after that I should have more time. In the mean time I wish you all fun.:D

"19:00 GMT: Practice
20:00 GMT: RDFDS Session (2 hours )
"

What does it mean? Why 3 hours and how it will work?

We will guide new drivers or the less experienced on the track. It will take at least two hours to do the proper training in understanding every aspect of how to race online and how to control your car. In this case a rear wheel driven BMW E90 that most people never use because they don't know how to drive it.

Points of attention:
- how to accelerate
- how to brake
- how to corner
- understeer
- oversteer
- overtaking
- driving in a group
- setup understanding
- etc
- etc

Previous events have proven to be very successful with drivers gaining a lot of self confidence and skills in little over two hours. I have seen people improving their laptimes with 3 to 5 seconds after a FD session.

Thanks Marco for the invite and I am glad to join this Saturday :)

Time to put the FWD pussycars aside and take the beemer for a spin :)

Hi Bram, looking forward to this. Just a little question.
How do you get the custom skins to show up? Ive already downloaded them into the right folder and looked for them as ive had a recce around the Brno track. The normail colours show on the Beema.
Do they come automatic when we log into the server, or have i missed something?

Christopher,

Extract the file to the C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins.

Make sure that the folder Friendly development is under that location, and then it should be available at your local game. Just choose the track, WTCC07, and BMW. It should be there as FD trainer yellow, FD trainer white etc.

yup, thats what i'd done, only it didnt work. for some reason, everytime ive installed windows on my machine, then installed steam, it puts the USER FILES under a file of install 1, 2, 3, ect.

Problem with that, it uses differnt installs now to look/hold files. to counter that, ive pasted and copied it into every install custom skins, hey, its working now, so im good to go!

Easiest way to handle that is that you backup your Customskins and Userdata folders to some where safe, delete the SimBin/Race07 (that means the 1,2 and 3 etc. folders too) and start the game. After it has started, close the game and you should have only one Race07 folder. Paste the backupped folders back to SimBin/Race07 folder, confirm overwrite.

I suggests that you do this after the event if everythings good to go at the moment...Wouldn't like to increase frustration just before start, it's only one day anymore.:D

Its always the same for this level of driving, its all about having a good time while simming.
Im sure more people will feel better if they know how to drive better, getting more out of the sim, and surely that can only be a good thing?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.