Friendly Development Series

With the up and coming restart of the Friendly Development series.
There has been a rise in the number of cars spotted on our tracks sporting a unique new livery as the pictures from an undisclosed source prove.
Could these be the stars of the future?

RD_FD_cars_07.jpg

RD_FD_cars_06.jpg

RD_FD_cars_04.jpg

RD_FD_cars_03.jpg

RD_FD_cars_02.jpg

RD_FD_cars_01.jpg

Very nice evening, huge thanks to RD staff.. There wasn't really any new stuff for me, i was doing 1:15's from the start. But couln't get any lower and at the end i was doing 1:13 (okay, i missed it on the last corner... ).. Did 1:13,7 after the official event with E90 and that wasn't really a perfect lap either.. So in my part the evening was a hit!

Mostly it was confirmation to all that i've picked on my own, collecting all the ideas neatly in the same basket. I was hoping for that boost and i got it, thanks guys! I just have to stick to my guns and brake early no matter what everybody else are doing around me..

Look out, RDGTC, here we come!

Well, lucky me, I spent a year driving the e90 BMW in club events before this event. My best time at Brno wat a 2:19.xxx.

I got on tthe server early with several others and started driving both the e90 Default and the e46 Default to get ready for school.
Laptimes went down to about 1:16.2 for both versions of the BMW before school ever began. That alone shows how much I've learned about driving in a year. [I drove a year and a half fwd before dring the Beemer][I also drove a lot of rwd as RD club event oftren scheduled them].

Bram offered a good amount of insight and I found a few things wrong with my driving. It might not have shown in the class as I had already made considereabe gains just previously. After each of Bram's "teachings" I would go on track to practice that point in my driving and not worry about speed. It didn't look good but I was getting the points[slow learner]. I managed to carve off another .6 sec from my start time.

In the end I had taken 4.5 seconds off my BMW time. It almost makes me want to drive it in WTCC races but I have to say, I'm still a second faster at this track in a Honda that I haven't driven in two years.

Class was great, I really did like it. Bram did a wonderful job and the whole[6 hours] that I spent online with everyone and another great RD time. It was nice to hear on TS that he was actually watching me[and others] as we did our laps. I did learn a lot and it wiill help me in both fw and rw driving!

2 sided emotions from my side here.
I am SO proud of Bram and Dariusz helping others out, and all the positive reactions from those who attended, give a nice warm feeling. Thats the reward that staff members get! Really a great feeling!

On the other side, I feel totally frustrated about the fact that I could not be there myself. But then again, sh*t happens...

I am glad the event was a succes, and hereby promis to keep these events running. Already have some ideas for the next one, which will be just as challenging again :)

Last but definatly not least, I would like to express my sincere thanks to Bram and Dariusz for both spending a lot of time on this as well. Thanks for helping the others out, and offering your precious time to do this event.

Thanks Bram and Dariusz for putting in the time to teach and improve the rest of us. I really enjoyed the evening, and got an improvement in lap times and also in general technique. I have owned Race07 since it came out and as much as you learn the cars and the tracks and give it a total thrashing sometimes you have to step back and think about how you approach things. Many thanks!

Tonight I jumped back in the Lacetti for an open server race after 2 weeks with the BMW and nothing else (apart from the odd RD Club race). I was having a bad time with the BM and was mid to back in a lot of races. But, this was the advice of Dariusz and I intended to follow it through. Though I wasn't sure if the advice was to make the BMW my one and only TCC car? How others can win races with it is beyond me?

Tonight, a friend convinced me to jump back in the Lacetti and have some fun. With a feeling of submission I did. I cannot believe how much easier this car is to handle. Not just aside from the BMW but, easier than when I used to drive it previous.

I find I can plant it into corners. Braking is shorter and my overall confidence in the car's ability is both overwhelming and strange but, nervously satisfying to be taking a known good driver under breaking and, cleanly.

Tonight I won a few races and a few 2nd places. This includes tracks that I consider bogeys like Estoril and Imola. This is unknown!!? I'm not saying that the usual fair of good drivers were involved, non the less, I know I have improved my handling of this motor.

And that's it! So, back to the BMW and I will occasionally drop back to the Lacetti for some fun.

I have said my thank yous in another thread but tonights racing has spurred me to say again, 'Thank You' both Dariuzs & Bram and, the RD staff.

Nice one.

Ray.

We can do one in the holiday break. In the week between Xmas and new year maybe?

Maybe nice to pick a new style of car: Caterham?

If there are people out there that need help on a specific track (Nordschleife?:D) then please list them in this thread.

We can do one in the holiday break. In the week between Xmas and new year maybe?

Maybe nice to pick a new style of car: Caterham?

If there are people out there that need help on a specific track (Nordschleife?:D) then please list them in this thread.

Hmm, lets see.

Nordschleife and GT Pro cars. That would make sense for me. Also with a brief "how to setup the bloody thing so that I spin less than that" guide.

WTCC and Imola

F3000 and Magny-Cours

Just stuff from top of my head.

I do like the caterham or radicals for a change as well.

But I also like the GT Pro cars... With the current coming RDGTC league, I am pretty sure there are a lot out here who feel they are in desperate need of a little guidance :)
In terms of track, Nordschliefe would cover the whole lot. I think we do need more tutors this session though :) There's more then enough room on there to do seperate driving, and I hope there will be a lot of attendents :)

Nords will give you a lot of different corners to deal with, but the track is too long to be constructive for learning. IMHO it would be better to go with smaller more technical tracks to get around faster and have more time to work on individual corners or techniques with the instructors.

I have to thank RD and Bram once again, last FDS session really helped a lot. I have now shaved a second of my times and consistency is unbeliavable. I have soo much more time in the corners, all the panic is gone. Had to modify pedals by increasing resistance to fully utilizise the whole range of the motion, i really do need the whole 0-100% applied smoothly. No sudden jerks, oversteers are handled promptly and what is the most important, i don't push against understeer at all. That allows so much more aggressive setup (tires are now too cold with my old setups) and overall driving style reflects that, which is a little counterintuitive: going smoother to have a more aggressive race.. No more hesitations passing others, which i do a lot now.;)

Previously i had 1 second marginal, now it's in tenths..

That's the next hurdle, how to pass safely, how to keep tires at optimum and how to drive long runs without unnecessary fatique. Waiting for the next lesson..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back