Friendly Development Series

With the up and coming restart of the Friendly Development series.
There has been a rise in the number of cars spotted on our tracks sporting a unique new livery as the pictures from an undisclosed source prove.
Could these be the stars of the future?

RD_FD_cars_07.jpg

RD_FD_cars_06.jpg

RD_FD_cars_04.jpg

RD_FD_cars_03.jpg

RD_FD_cars_02.jpg

RD_FD_cars_01.jpg

Well depending on which day this falls on, i may partake. I could use pointers.

Sundayevening is mentioned for the first event in the main post!

It's a driving school where seasoned veterans give tips and most importantly, correct bad driving styles. All is done live via teamspeak so the feedbacl is instant. I've been in one of these waayy back, Bram was teacher or shall we say, a tutor then and i learned left foot braking in FWD car in that single lesson.. Even thou i was driving with a pad then, the concept was ready when i finally did get a wheel.... I can recommend this with very warm heart, it accelerates learning by tenfolds.

Thanks for the info.

I would have joined anyways as I am still quite inexperienced.

Indeed, it is a driving school. A session, just for learning. Small groups of drivers, whom are directly addressed by a tutor via Teamspeak. There will be several sessions comming, each with their different aspects of learning.

The whole idea about it, is upping your personal skills, and getting rid of some bad habbits we learned ourselves. A non competitive way to help or be helped. You know, the whole reason communities are founded :p

I am working on the details at this moment, and hope to have some final news before the weekend, or early next week.

Marco, great idea. I would like to attend such a session. I like to learn the tricks and the right lines to gaining that little extra. Maybe it's an idea to record the sessions? I mean, it could be some good material with great examples. Even though my current schedule doesn't really allow me to race on Sunday. I'm very interested though.

It depends on the lesson, i can't teach driving but i can give pointers of how to learn a new track using visual clues. That's my speciality being a trackbuilder, that's 80% of the work. Now learning a normal length new track takes about ½h, then laptimes should be 1-2s from the qualy best. But that don't necessarily need a live session, that can be done as an article too. Maybe it's even the only way, there's a lot of examples from different track. But there's a "hidden secret" in most tracks, the objects in the distance are usually there for a reason, trackdesigners don't like to use objects that serve no purpose... The trick is to lift your eyes from the road and look around while driving slowly around the track. . . . .. . .line break is broken edit: works now..

There's been discussion how to revive the Club Racing and a lot of complaints are about practice (poeple don't have time) and learning new tracks. Not every lesson needs the fastest driver, like they say," those who can drive, they drive and those who can't, they teach.." But when it comes to driving techniques, i'm sure i can't teach you guys anything, i know the theory but i'm not consistent enough, a lesson i desperately need... I have some fast drivers in my backpocket but they aren't so fluent in english, that's another limiting factor...

I think people here can nominate teachers, when you see a driver who is driving like you want and straight up ask them. I bet that volunteers will be hard to find but if someone just goes up to them and asks, it's a huge compliment and we may get more tutors. And maybe we need to ask what lessons people want? Trailbraking with RWD, up/down/shortshift, setups, keeping the raceline clean...Then if we know the subjects, tutors can pick what they want to teach.

After going back onto GTR2 to use the Driving school to see where i was going wrong. Tests that id passed with no trouble before, were now a problem again...
I think ill be going back to this alot more often to keep me in check,,,
I would recommend this sim to all its so cheap now its a must..
Also good way to learn the tracks ..

I bought GT Legends believing what I was told that it had the driving school in it. So it's GTR2? Do you think the online version will have the driving schoool in it?

Edit: I've been all over the Simbin site and nowhere is there a 'click to buy', hardcopy or, electronic.

Ray.

i dont know i have the disc but it should be the same, i would recomend it,

BTW this game still works online, the main structure of the game with it options is better then raceon, It has loads of mods... its a classic..
GTR3 take your time ive got GTR2 with its dated graphics, but it still kicks arse. Turn out the lights for some night races..dont know about the rain,,,,,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=pc+gtr2&_sacat=See-All-http://www.simbin.se/games/gtr2.htmRealism has been redefined: absolutely authentic physics, dynamic day and weather changes as well as an impressive damage model
Great variety: 144 grand touring cars reproduced down to the last detail including all vehicles of the GT and NGT classes and the 24H races from two FIA GT seasons
Original circuits: 34 different track variations
Tough competition: Human-like AI opponents
Scalable levels: 3 different game modes (Novice, Semi-Pro and Simulation)
Great fun: 6 game events
(Open practice, Race weekend, - Championships, Time trials, 24 Hour Races, Driving school) International competition:
Fully integrated multiplayer mode for racing against other human drivers from all over the world.
http://www.raceroom.net/games/gtr2-fia-gt-racing-game/
KEY FEAtures
Realism has been redefined:
absolutely authentic physics, dynamic day and weather changes as well as an impressive damage model

Great variety:
144 grand touring cars reproduced down to the last detail including all vehicles of the GT and NGT classes and the 24H races from two FIA GT seasons

Original circuits:
34 different track variations

Tough competition:
Human-like AI opponents

Scalable levels:
3 different game modes (Novice, Semi-Pro and Simulation)

Great fun:
6 game events (Open practice, Race weekend, - Championships, Time trials, 24 Hour Races, Driving school)

International competition:
Fully integrated multiplayer mode for racing against other human drivers from all over the world.

Seems the same to me...

I know that Simbin has problems with selling GTR2 at the moment as the owner of the game (owner, not designer) went bankrupt and Simbin has difficulties gaining rights to the game. At least this is what I remember from my email message from Simbin themeselves. I wanted to buy it as well but there are no new copies of the game in UK (at least not below £30 and to be honest that's not a good price for that old game). Finally, I found a german website where GTR2 keys (you fist have to download the game elsewhere) are distributed for free. And before I get banned - it's legal. It's German gaming magazine, which distributes GTR2 keys within members of their community and as far as I know Simbin is fully aware of that (well, they don't have much to say if they aren't the owners of the game). So you can literally get the game for free. Anyway, the game is very good but finding it at a 'normal' price is hard. At least in UK.

The RaceRoom copy is different. From what I remember it does not allow people to race online with owners of the retail version of the GTR2. I know Simbin keeps trying to be able to sell the original copy of the game. Though to be honest - both versions may be compatibile and Simbin creates the confusion only because they are not allowed to distribute the game, which they don't own.

Have a look at this mod Ray, http://www.simracingworld.com/files/download/2374-gtlgtr-2-mod/, i havnt tried it but it claims to change gtl into gtr2...........

Dont worry about it being standalone buy the disc of Ebay if you see it going cheap..
I cant uderstand why raceon is more popular. This is a far better sructured sim.... or is there a flaw i dont know about...
Now this would be a fun event to let your hair down....
[video=youtube_share;5WKvnRBU9yE]http://youtu.be/5WKvnRBU9yE[/video]

RaceDepartment Friendly Development Series event 1!

friendlyseriescopy.jpg

The Race department Friendly Development series, a concept by Warren Daws, is returning to RD. For the first event, we have choosen to be driving with the BMW from the WTCC07 series, on the exciting circuit of Brno! A real challenge for almost all of us.

The announcement is there. Monday sigups will open and slots are limited. Make sure you are there in time to signup if you are interested.

I am counting on a full entry list on the track next saturday!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.