FRIDAY NIGHT: TIME TO RACE!

Alright folks here we go!!
Friday is finally arrived and we've two big, fat & juicy events tonight for EU and US drivers, and those are:

US SERVER

9PM CST WTCC 2013 @ Monza

EU SERVER
8PM UTC WTCC 2013 @ Zandvoort

Feel free to join the races and once done, if you want MOAR, hang it there and see if there're other players willing to do a "Round 2" on a different server maybe.

If you're part of the Steam Group --ESR-- then we'll be connecting on the Group Chat around 15/30 before the planned event (check your pop-up announcements on Steam!) and we'll take it from there (especially to coordinate and find the right server to get into!)

If you are not part of --ESR-- (you can always send me a PM and I'll add you as Friend and invite to the Group on Steam) no big deal: the two events for tonight are listed up above, so just enter the Multiplayer and browse around until you find the relative server!

Catch you all tomorrow on the tarmac!
:cool::cool:

Couple of really good races, thanks again Emilio for arranging this.

Both races had about 16 people, not sure who was from here and who were just random's, but all in all some good racing. Very few on chat (4 of us!), but everyone seemed to find their way to the track so all's good.
Didn't get past lap 1 in race 2 due to a very optimistic maneuver in the chicane :) but really enjoyed race 1. Good to see S3 have made improvements to the penalty system, but i still got a drive through for avoiding another car (again at that bloody chicane!).
Really good fun anyway, thank you to everyone who raced, and Emilio for arranging!
Hope to make tomorrows US events, with some luck the wife might actually let me get away again for an hour or two !

Awesome Paul!! Glad it went through pretty well! I'll keep monitoring the preferences 'till the polls are closed and I'll update the calendars for you guys! ;)
Hopefully tonight in the US will have same success! :D

cool, cheers fella

I'll give it a pop.. to be honest, the bit of practice i've done's stating to pi&& me off! Cant seem to keep the back end down, and for some reason i'm struggling to get in the mood to hanker down and work at it... probably pre race nerves or something!

Anyway, thanks for the advice, i'll see what i can do!

Out of interest, what car are you using and what sort of laptimes are you managing at the moment?

Ta

I use them all, but I seem to be using the Cruz more...mostly bc most people use the Honda...no idea why, but there we have it.

Not sure my times on things, but I am probably upper middle of the pack or so? BUT it takes me some practice bc I am new and have to learn the tracks...like tonight, never raced monza...

Ouch two horrid races by me...this was a no judge zone right? lol?

Good fun, my first MP racing(I tried two time earlier today to practice) it is a lot different than I thought it would be, but fun!

Never raced Monza before...I was just trying not to hit anyone...then someone hit me lol....or thats what it looked like, but I might of been to slow going into the corner. :)

WTCC to ADAC is like Valium to speed. I took my TC buttons off for DTM 2014 and when we raced the ADAC cars I thought I was in Canada, I was on ice, couldn't adjust for a bit of traction control. I usually go for 0-25% and change it constantly through a race....for some reason. basically two wipe outs and the pack is gone...

Don't have the DTM 2013 cars, so I guess I am out for the night :) off to bed.

Thanks Emilio....

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun, for the most part was very clean and I felt very comfortable with everyone. Had some awsome duels with Emilio, quick guy you are. Like I said, that 2nd chicane at Monza had us, haha.

Thank you

Both events sound like they were successful and fun!
Wish I could have made it but had to work. I'll be on the next few weeks as my last day of work is tomorrow than off till Jan 5th :)
I look forward to meeting and racing with you guys !

Cheers

I had a lot of fun, for the most part was very clean and I felt very comfortable with everyone. Had some awsome duels with Emilio, quick guy you are. Like I said, that 2nd chicane at Monza had us, haha.

Thank you
Oh man! That duel was great! That second lap when I start spinning on Lesmo 1 set me in a bad mood! :mad:
Dang it I asked too much when I didn't brake and let the 4th run me through there.... it usually works but this time I felt the pressure... and I lost it.
Anyway the very last few laps were awesome: I was white-knuckling on the wheel like an idiot!! And you are right: at the Roggia I took a wrong approach, went long... and there you go: I saw you taking off to the victory! :D
As per the other races... I def need to get behind the wheel of those cars cause I've seen I'm pretty rusty with them!
Well, to the next man! :sneaky:

And thanks to everyone who showed up and has participated! It was amazing guys! See you next time!!

PS: I'll prepare a short video with the highlights of our Monza Race. Stay tuned!

I raced with some of you guys on Zandvoort yesterday.
My name in the game is Moser. Great battles!! Thx for the event
and see you next time.

I use them all, but I seem to be using the Cruz more...mostly bc most people use the Honda...no idea why, but there we have it.

Look at the leaderboards. Honda and Seat are the fastest cars. The others are up to 1+ sec slower.

Looking forward to it.. shame i really suck in WTCC cars, to be honest im not that good in any cars actually! If anyone can offer a setup I would be grateful, otherwise i'll be rocking the default!

Sorry, @Paul Jeffrey , I was ill last night and went to bed about 18:30, but for the WTCC cars you have to remember that they are FWD.

When entering a corner with a FWD (real world and R3E physics work the same) you come off the throttle to make the back end a little looser so you can turn in as FWD has natural understeer. If you stay off the power too long going into a corner, the back end will slide out on you so you use the throttle to stabilise the car in the corner.

FWD cars pull the car down the road and pull to steer, not push like a RWD. This means that the front wheels are used for Braking, Steering and Accelerating so cannot provide 100% steering while braking or accelerating, you have to allow for that. To correct a slide, you add power and steer where you want to go so you really can 'throw' it round a corner.

I'm getting better at it in game and learning to use the game's feedback to figure out what the balance is doing. I'm too used to feeling it in my backside in a real car and I miss that. :D

(Hope this makes sense - I only just got up)

Ooh, also I am new at this, so if I did anything that is not cool or wrong etc... Let me know. I think at the end of Monza race I may have dove into the chicane on the inside of someone too fast.not sure if that OK aggressive or dumb aggressive?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back