Free 2 Play

this is strange:rolleyes: this is right at the bottom of the page...
Additionally, SimBin is happy to inform that the company is working on a Free2Play game platform. Further details will be revealed later this year.....:)
Does this mean gtr3 will be completed soon, as its still only a small team:D

My opinion simbin needs to focus in one project, finish that, then you go for another, so its better to work only in gtr3, everyone is waiting for it, at least some track list, car list, more screenshots, and videos
Most game developers work on multiple projects at the same time, which isn't something that is automatically a bad thing when the communication is good.

The issue is the communication with their customers (us) that has been lacking for years now and isn't going to improve as long as they dont acknowledge first that it is not up to normal industry standards.

It is a thin line between, to little news and too much news and we are doing a good job in keeping it balanced if you ask me.

I disagree with that public quote from one of the devs (not blaming him though as he is by far the most communicative employee at Simbin and its not even his job to do so). There is little to no news, compared to other game developers, and the news that has been released was carefully hinted to be GTR3'ish, which we now know it wasn't. When posting screenshots from "our next project" people automatically think its GTR3 as that is the only major project announced to date as far as I know.

Since the first announcement of GTR3 the most heard word is "soon". I am waiting since 31 March 2010 on GTR3 and "soon" I am going to give up and not bother anymore as all I have "seen" so far are a few blurred screenshots (and some very nice sounds) from the GTR3 website and pictures, renders and WIPs of something else that looked too much like RACE 07 plus.

I sincerely hope GTR 3 will be a full standalone game and a true successor of GTR 2 and not an evolution of their free RaceRoom games that have never appealed to me at all in the past. Maybe I am getting old fashioned but I don't believe in free 2 play. Free doesn't bring in the cash to pay salaries and feed mouths.

Most game developers work on multiple projects at the same time, which isn't something that is automatically a bad thing when the communication is good.

The issue is the communication with their customers (us) that has been lacking for years now and isn't going to improve as long as they dont acknowledge first that it is not up to normal industry standards.

I disagree with that public quote from one of the devs (not blaming him though as he is by far the most communicative employee at Simbin and its not even his job to do so). There is little to no news, compared to other game developers, and the news that has been released was carefully hinted to be GTR3'ish, which we now know it wasn't. When posting screenshots from "our next project" people automatically think its GTR3 as that is the only major project announced to date as far as I know.

Since the first announcement of GTR3 the most heard word is "soon". I am waiting since 31 March 2010 on GTR3 and "soon" I am going to give up and not bother anymore as all I have "seen" so far are a few blurred screenshots (and some very nice sounds) from the GTR3 website and pictures, renders and WIPs of something else that looked too much like RACE 07 plus.

I sincerely hope GTR 3 will be a full standalone game and a true successor of GTR 2 and not an evolution of their free RaceRoom games that have never appealed to me at all in the past. Maybe I am getting old fashioned but I don't believe in free 2 play. Free doesn't bring in the cash to pay salaries and feed mouths.

Amen!

Completely agree with Bram... I'm not going to give up just yet, because despite all the mistakes Simbin has made, they can deliver quality, at least for me. I love their games. GTR2 was my first PC sim, and I immediately fell in love with it. It's that feeling that gets stuck with you, it being my first ever game.

Sadly, they aren't communicating. We are waiting on GTR3, and V-WTCC, which according to them should have been out in April. I don't mind delays, as long as they are announced. Not a word has been said as to why it hasn't come out yet. That's what is hurting me, and many other fans. But I'm hopeful we'll see the game sooner or later. GT5 seemed that it would never come out, and it did, so I'm positive Simbin will rellease their projects to the public. God knows when...

I am also sure it will come out at some point but it's just frustrating to keep hearing "soon this" "soon that" and exactly like Joao says in the end they miss the deadline (no biggy really) but at least be open about it and explain it those that are waiting.

I am also sure it will come out at some point but it's just frustrating to keep hearing "soon this" "soon that" and exactly like Joao says in the end they miss the deadline (no biggy really) but at least be open about it and explain it those that are waiting.
Personally i think company's should be realistic and say late 2013, then when the game is near release they can then announce and say , no actually it's coming out a few months before, then that way everyone is happy! rather then the deadline being pushed back each time which annoys the customer base, loyal fans however are patient and know it's well worth it :)

I think they may be dragging their feet on this to get into a better position for negotiating licensing and also because in 12 there is going to be a glut of sims coming out. If they delay until after all these other sims are released, they can pull the trump card in 13.

For myself, I'm in no hurry because I'll have rF2 and GSC to keep me occupied for a long while. I hope that GTR3 is delayed for at least a year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back