Free 2 Play

this is strange:rolleyes: this is right at the bottom of the page...
Additionally, SimBin is happy to inform that the company is working on a Free2Play game platform. Further details will be revealed later this year.....:)
Does this mean gtr3 will be completed soon, as its still only a small team:D

Personally I don't mind another GTR Evolution kind of game. For me it was by far the best expansion pack they released for the RACE Series.

A proper three class series of cars and the various Nürburgring tracks were spot on.

Only thing missing in GTR Evo were the lack of features you'd expect with a GT game, but that is a limitation of the RACE 07 base game which wasn't designed for GT style races.

A mix between the handling of GTR Evo plus the features and the interface of GTR2 would do it for me.

WIP_CPZ_2012_02_1.jpg

I'm not sure if these screenshots are really unedited. According to Simbin, STCC II (based on Race 07's engine) looks like this:
17.jpeg

I have STCC II maxed out and it is nowhere near as good as this. I think we all know how marketing works nowadays. It's all hype. Until I see gameplay videos, I take these screenshot very lightly.

You're wrong Joao. Simbin clearly stated those shots from STCC2 and some other ISI-based games are 'artwork', thus photoshopped etc..

They don't call them screenshots for a reason..

In the new pics they're using the word 'screenshot' which means it should look like that..

forget GTR3, I suppose this is what SimBin have in mind next:

a game developed for use in RaceRoom simulators situated at tracks in Northern Europe, a boxed / downloadable title may follow, but is not at the core of the strategy:

clue 1: the new owners are car suppliers looking for event tie-ins to promote their stuff, i.e. a tent at a race weekend where the customers can play a round of simulation among all the wheels, oils, paint whatever else it is these guys are promoting
clue2: the latest screens are high quality but expressly not for GTR3
clue3: the last car featured is a good pick for a track day where people first do some laps in its virtual representation in the RaceRoom environment and then get into the exact same car in real life to do some laps on the real track
clue4: this concept is best suited for the kinds of small scale, hands on weekend event you'd find at tracks on weekends not dominated by the big events, so away from DTM or formula 1, think STCC, Dutch touring car championship (Zandvoort) etc.
clue5: for an event centred concept, logistics are important so tracks close to the developers place (Sweden) and the owners place (Germany) make sense, dito Northern Europe.
clue5: boxed titles seem to be a thing of the past if you look at niche games like race-sims. The two most successful ones, iRating and rFactor, rely on other sales models. I can see SimBin starting up an iRacing like service with the RaceRoom bit tied in at weekends but no title to be bought off the shelf

all in all: it might be time to forget about a shiny GTR3 disc and keep an open mind towards a more event centred game serving mainly as a vehicle for promoting car-related products, available on track days and online in a cash to play service.

I think from past experience with Simbin and their lack of info on previous titles (most of which were addons) we shouldn't get too alarmed by the apparent silence. It's annoying, but quite the norm with them. They just don't like to blow their own trumpet publicly on a daily basis like some Devs do!!

The game has changed though. The simracing marketplace is actually getting pretty crowded. And knowing how certain simracers like hold onto the contents of their wallets like diamonds, you can't expect them to buy every new title that comes out. So to ensure these gamers will save their money and go with a certian developer's game, it is critical to get real information out about the game. Show their customers that they're working hard behind the scenes and that holding off on buying other titles is worth it.

I don't understand the radio silence from simbin. In all honesty I've forgotten about this game (only scrolled past this forum and noticed the thread). They do themselves a disservice. Because if you get a bunch of simbin drivers going over and getting attached to rF2 and Assetto Corso, they have no reason to pay another 40 euros for simbins' game.

I don't know, maybe this is the make-no-money approach. And this is coming from a huge simbin fanboy (cut my teeth simracing on these games), yet I'm about ready to write this one off.

I'm not sure if these screenshots are really unedited. According to Simbin, STCC II (based on Race 07's engine) looks like this:
17.jpeg

I have STCC II maxed out and it is nowhere near as good as this. I think we all know how marketing works nowadays. It's all hype. Until I see gameplay videos, I take these screenshot very lightly.

There is a simple STCC2 screenshot a little bit blurred in photoshop..in rest,i can clearly see the graphics are there. We don't have blurr in the game ^_^

The game has changed though. The simracing marketplace is actually getting pretty crowded. And knowing how certain simracers like hold onto the contents of their wallets like diamonds, you can't expect them to buy every new title that comes out. So to ensure these gamers will save their money and go with a certian developer's game, it is critical to get real information out about the game. Show their customers that they're working hard behind the scenes and that holding off on buying other titles is worth it.

I don't understand the radio silence from simbin. In all honesty I've forgotten about this game (only scrolled past this forum and noticed the thread). They do themselves a disservice. Because if you get a bunch of simbin drivers going over and getting attached to rF2 and Assetto Corso, they have no reason to pay another 40 euros for simbins' game.

I don't know, maybe this is the make-no-money approach. And this is coming from a huge simbin fanboy (cut my teeth simracing on these games), yet I'm about ready to write this one off.

I am with you Danny I am a fanboy too but others have far surpassed the content Simbin has. I do not think you can just have a box on the shelf anymore and have the detail that we want without purchasing add-on tracks and cars. I was not a iRacing fan untill a few months ago. Sure is expencive but you get what you pay for. Realism costs money you want a arcade game go buy it in a box or sit around and wait for someone to deliever the goods. In todays market place it just makes sence to cater to the wants of the customer...you want roundy round just buy that part you like road courses buy that. I for one am tired of the games the devos play to hype it for 2 years or longer teasing us into a buying rush just to be let down with the same old same old. Much like gt5 was...same thing differant wrapper

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back