FPV Drone

Apps FPV Drone 1.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hmm that is weird. Does it feel like on the moon on all the tracks or just some? If so can you give me the names of the tracks? It might feel like on the moon if you always have some small amount of throttle or if you don't have any reference to the scale of things you are flying around or maybe the current fov makes it look weird. Try flying around cars to have some reference. That is the only things I can think of. The math for gravity is very straight forward and there can't be any issues. If you're down you can call me on discord and show your screen. You can control sliders in the app more precisely by holding Ctrl, clicking on the slider and typing the value you want
Thanks, for tip with CTRL, Mod is ok, now, I dialed a bit of my liking.
Did one evet 6 hours straight flying :D

pls share your fpv settings??
[FPV Drone]
batteryCells=6
minimalSurfaceAreaCoefficient=0.4
propPitch=4.3
linearAcceleration=-1000000000
motorKv=2010
cameraAngle=20
cameraFov=110
droneMass=0.6
propDiameter=6
droneSurfaceArea=0.015

[Physics]
airDensity=2.5
groundLevel=8
airDrag=1
gravity=2

[Betaflight rates]
pitchSuper=0.62
pitchExpo=0.10
yawRate=1
yawSuper=0.52
yawExpo=0.10
rollRate=1
rollSuper=0.62
rollExpo=0.10
pitchRate=1

Still needs a tuning, need more play hours to dial in :)

Last edited:
I saw in GitHub only this.

- local directory = ac.getFolder(ac.FolderID.ACApps) .. "/lua/FpvDrone"
+ local directory = ac.dirname()

But that's about directory only.... is that the update?

Fixed expo? You can't change expo anymore?
The fixed expo update is a small hotfix and its not on github yet. Fixed a bug that makes expo affect negative input values wrong. If you had expo at 0 you werent affected

I have a problem, every time I join a race fov get's stuck on whatever the driver fov was and doesn't change with the fpv fov slider. It can be fixed by reinstalling the mod, but it get's annoying to reinstall it after every race

Hi, excellent work !

Do you plan to add drone sound ? it feels weird to me without sound, but i only drive drone in sims maybe that's why

anyway thanks for your work !

Awesome mod! Feels so good and intuitive, I only made some slight tweaks to the motor KV, camera angle as well as pitch and yaw rates to make it a bit more controllable via the xbox controller. Also mapped some buttons so I can turn the FPV camera on and off from the controller.

Is there any way to make the "drone" clip with the ground and objects? I see there is "disable collision" keybind but the drone doesn't collide with anything at the moment anyway to bother even having it mapped.

1704333799351.png

1704333741940.png

1704333827735.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play